Volkonski
Verified:

Re: CPAC Conference 2021

Post by Volkonski »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
·
9m
Trump, at #CPAC, still railing at justices, judges and restrictive standing doctrine championed by his own nominees.

Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche
· 11m
Even after January 6 and the danger unleashed on his opponents, former President Trump is directing an incredible amount of anger at Supreme Court justices and judges who refused to undo his election loss claiming they didn’t have the “guts” to do what was “needed.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I suggest this as a better use of your time.

Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mary L Trump
@MaryLTrump
·
55m
Since nothing of importance is happening right now, here is a sunset:

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Should I be surprised that it was almost exclusively the same old self-contradictory crap, marginally updated? The lack of name calling was the only noticeable difference.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Insane series of tweets:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Soooo happy none of CPAC, including whatever bulls*it DL2XIT spewed, matters. They don't have the House, Senate or White House. President Biden will be in office at least 1,421 days more. 🥳 🍾 🇺🇸 We'll think about 2022 next year. For now, we support them beating the hell out of each other, having cult loyalty to a disgraced loser that 70% of the nation can't stand, and pushing stupid positions and personalities (MTG & Co) that will keep them in the wilderness.

Didn't watch, won't get stressed a bit about them because they have no power. They're happiest as a burn-it-down opposition party anyway, they suck at governing. Their voters are literally dying, from the elderly base to COVID stupidity. So hope they enjoyed their nasty, hate-filled time with their Mexican sun-god statue and their disgusting un-American behavior. We know how cults end.

1421.JPG
1421.JPG (28.05 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Uninformed wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:05 pm Insane series of tweets:

Sadly, things are so bizarre with DFO that for a few seconds I thought he might actually have said that. :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I immediately assumed it was true as well. Arg. Glad he’s gone.

Results of the straw poll.
I’m pleased with Josh Hawley’s showing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

covfefe wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24 pm
I’m pleased with Josh Hawley’s showing.
Tucker Carlson got as many votes percentage wise as Josh Hawley.

Nikki Haley got 3 percent of the votes LOL.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

This is just awful. I’m sure Kim’s military band in Pyongyang could do better.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

If DFO runs again he will choose Kristi Noem as his VP. She is attractive and gazes at him adoringly. Perhaps he can grab her by the pussy. (Sorry if this is an offensive remark. Actually not sorry.)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

55% of the most ardent Trump supporters is not impressive. Taking away Trump's Twitter appears to be working. Trump throwing out hints to Putin about how he can harm the United States is not a surprise. I have always known that Trump will do everything in his poser to prevent a successor of either party from being able to govern. That's why taking away his Twitter is so important. It limits his ability to inflict constant, nonstop damage.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01 pm 55% of the most ardent Trump supporters is not impressive. Taking away Trump's Twitter appears to be working. Trump throwing out hints to Putin about how he can harm the United States is not a surprise. I have always known that Trump will do everything in his poser to prevent a successor of either party from being able to govern. That's why taking away his Twitter is so important. It limits his ability to inflict constant, nonstop damage.
*bang*
That's what we all saw. Turned him off. "cancelled" That's why it happened.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

RVInit wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01 pm 55% of the most ardent Trump supporters is not impressive. Taking away Trump's Twitter appears to be working. Trump throwing out hints to Putin about how he can harm the United States is not a surprise. I have always known that Trump will do everything in his poser to prevent a successor of either party from being able to govern. That's why taking away his Twitter is so important. It limits his ability to inflict constant, nonstop damage.
I'm sure he's steaming about both his poor showing in the straw poll and the removal of his Twitter pulpit. After all, his buddy Putin would certainly get 100%, and therefore, so should the former guy. 55% suggests that even in that crowd, there's a lot of people ready to move on, even if they don't dare say it out loud.
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I remember this guy DJT Jr when he was 10-11ish -- nice, respectful adorable young kid. WTF happened?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:37 pm I remember this guy DJT Jr when he was 10-11ish -- nice, respectful adorable young kid. WTF happened?
Remember the anti-drug movies they showed us in school in the 60s? You know, the one where the good kid takes one puff of a free joint provided by the dealer on the corner, and the next thing you know the kid has a $600 per week heroin habit?

DJTJr was the roll model.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:37 pm I remember this guy DJT Jr when he was 10-11ish -- nice, respectful adorable young kid. WTF happened?
He grew up in a family that teaches that you have to eat your own to get ahead....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This would be good too: WN1T2XIFUSP :P White Nationalist One-Term Twice-Impeached Former US President Speaks to Right Wing Group From Nazi-Inspired Stage
OPINION
‘Snooze Fest’: Internet Mocks Trump’s ‘Extremely Boring’ and ‘Low Energy’ CPAC Speech
Published on February 28, 2021 at 05:45 PM ET By David Badash
White Nationalist One-Term Twice-Impeached Former US President Speaks to Right Wing Group From Nazi-Inspired Stage

For the first time since he incited an insurrection last month the disgraced former American president, Donald Trump, on Sunday delivered what many are calling a “low-energy” and “extremely boring” speech to attendees of CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference, in Orlando, Florida late Sunday afternoon.

The ex-president, who started his speech 100 minutes late, looked and sounded far older than he did on January 6, attacking President Joe Biden and insisting that his five weeks performance should be enough for “Democrats to lose the White House” in 2024.

“Actually, as you know, they just lost the White House,” Trump told supporters, adding: “I may even decide to beat them for a third time, who knows?”

The crowd, a mostly over-50 group of white Americans, roared, even though Trump has won only one election, and never the popular vote.

Trump’s speech was very similar to his past stump speeches, filled with racism, white nationalism, and lies about his opponents and the 2020 election that he lost – which he continues to refuse to admit. The “fake news” media, transgender people, and NIH Director Dr. Anthony Fauci were also the target of his attacks.
Lots more with internet comments: https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... s-at-cpac/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:56 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:15 pm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Daniel Dale
@ddale8
Goya Foods CEO Robert Unanue at CPAC: "It’s just an honor to be here. But my biggest honor today is gonna be that -- I think we're gonna be on the same stage -- as, in my opinion, the real, the legitimate, and the still actual president of the United States, Donald J. Trump."
I thought the corporate board silenced him? WTF is this?

I read that their sales are way up since the incident, maybe they decided to go with it? Dunno, last I heard was the same as you, but here he is.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm
Remember the anti-drug movies they showed us in school in the 60s? You know, the one where the good kid takes one puff of a free joint provided by the dealer on the corner, and the next thing you know the kid has a $600 per week heroin habit?

DJTJr was the roll model.
Are you talking of that reefer madness :P

Luke

Post by Luke »

Oh. My. God. This is *not* a joke! Warning: This may be the worst anthem performance ever. It's PAINFUL! :lol:

"Who is Dawnzer Leelight and how come they mention her?"

It's getting a lot of attention check this!! ROFL!! Devon Carter:

Somebody transcribed it!

We can't stop laughing, just texted it to Billy Porter and a few other friends. CPAC was good for something after all!

Had to balance it out with Whitney!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That audio clip belongs in the dictionary next to “shrill.”
raison de arizona

Trump has some pretty bad (and wrong) things to say about our court system in general, and the Supreme Court in particular.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Billy Porter just sent this link from Larry Goldings on Facebook:

Reharmonized:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=sea ... c%20anthem

And more:

And more:

Charlie Kramer
Holy cow. Watching this national anthem from CPAC I’m like how many different keys is she in? So I set up my tuner and watched. See the phone at the bottom of the screen? That’s the tuner. When the moving red rectangle turns green, that means it’s on pitch. Watch closely-there are a few flashes of green.
I count about 3 key changes but I think there is some modal-microtonal stuff going on here too. Impressive! People who know music could sort this out.
H/t Chris DeChiara

My musician friends are rolling on the floor.

Return to “Current Politics”