CPAC Conferences

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: CPAC Conference(s) 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

p0rtia wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:35 pm Of course. It’s the rest of the pack that is chilling. Cf Meafows. Also, poor Hungary.
As far as I know, most Hungarians are not for this, but, hey, he explained how he got where he is. It's the republicans' dream scenario for this country. Gerrymandering is one of the big ways he took over. Not called gerrymandering there, of course.

I'm on one Hungarian Facebook group, and politics are forbidden, but it slips through occasionally before it gets shut down. Both sides, unfortunately.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:yawn:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:07 pm
There's the new game: Guess the Infraction.

I mean, looking at his Wikipedia entry, I'd make two guesses:
  • Voted to repeal the AUMF against Iraq
  • Actually played in a Congressional Baseball Game involving Democrats
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Getting pretty open regarding their direction.
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban To Speak At CPAC In Texas

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban will travel to the U.S. in August to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Texas, the Daily Caller has learned.

Orban’s appearance comes after CPAC hosted a May conference in Budapest. Orban spoke there about Hungary’s “12-point recipe” for success. Orban is expected to discuss similar themes during his speech in Texas.
:snippity:
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/11/hung ... las-texas/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cross posting.

As it turns out, he may be unavailable.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?: Will Alex Jones make it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10eXm4
DALLAS — CPAC and former President Donald Trump are returning to Dallas this week for the second consecutive year, along with other big-name speakers from the Republican Party.

The Conservative Political Action Conference runs Thursday through Sunday at the Hilton Anatole.

The American Conservative Union has held CPAC every year since 1974. The event has drawn as many as 10,000 attendees and is an important stop for Republican Presidential hopefuls.

Last year’s event in Dallas drew around 4,000 people.

The theme of this year’s conference is “Awake, not woke.” Conservative politicians, activists and commentators from the U.S., and some figures from abroad, will rally their base voters ahead of a midterm election in which their party is expected to make big gains.

CPAC has hosted events in Orlando, Florida, and Dallas since COVID-19 policies barring large gatherings led it to abandon the Washington area.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and are there still Qberts in Dealey Plaza waiting for JFK Jr. to magically appear? :think:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hope so on the JFKJ Qtips, they are saying it's any day now. For sure this time!

Excellent article about these RW grift fest from Mother Jones, highly recommended: Trump Merch, Rabid Fans, Disgraced Ex-Officials: Inside the Right-Wing Conference Circuit - How did extremists take over the GOP? https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... e-circuit/

This propaganda video about T**** is going around again but to me, it's really well done. Democrats need more of this and can learn from it. Downloaded it and sent it along to some DNC folk.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At CPAC today, John Schnatter says Papa Johns had the best pizza out there every year when he was in charge, because he instilled “conservative values” of “truth and God.” But since he was fired as CEO for repeatedly using the N-word, it has gone down hill.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:25 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 6057616384
At CPAC today, John Schnatter says Papa Johns had the best pizza out there every year when he was in charge, because he instilled “conservative values” of “truth and God.” But since he was fired as CEO for repeatedly using the N-word, it has gone down hill.
I moonlighted as a delivery for Papa John's once a long time ago. While he was most definitely in charge and prominently featured in training materials, with his old school pics with his muscle car. Anyway, it wasn't about “conservative values” of “truth and God.” It was about "better ingredients." Just as it likely is now. That's their schtick. :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Papa John's pizza never has been very good.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:22 pm Papa John's pizza never has been very good.
:yeahthat:

And their ingredients, despite their protestations to the contrary, aren't all that either. :shrug:

Strangely popular though, even in Brooklyn. Make that make sense.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

They deliver and their pizzas are cheap.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
Papa John's opened up in the college town we lived in for many years. They lasted a little less than a year.
This town has three colleges (one a major university), and even lousy pizza was a booming business.

So you can gauge how good their pizza was.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://twitter.com/Acyn

There are multiple links right now to video clips from the conference and you can see them at link above. I suspect by the time it's over, there will be a lot more, and I don't want to post them all here unless someone really, really wants them.
raison de arizona

Victor Orban got a standing ovation. They aren't hiding it, folks.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Patriot Mobile is a rash all over RWNJ podcasts and radio shows, FWIW.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks for the link Dr. Ken. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hello I would like to share with you the most astonishing thing I have ever seen

At this CPAC booth you receive a silent disco headset that plays harrowing testimony from people arrested for participating in J6

Instead of dancing, you stand around and watch this guy cry
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:57 am
Hello I would like to share with you the most astonishing thing I have ever seen

At this CPAC booth you receive a silent disco headset that plays harrowing testimony from people arrested for participating in J6

Instead of dancing, you stand around and watch this guy cry
I'd go just to laugh at him
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What I need you to understand is that I stood here for about half an hour yesterday and this guy NEVER broke character

He wept sitting on the bench

He wept sitting on the floor

He tallied days on a chalkboard set up for the purpise
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, give him a bologna and processed cheese sandwich on white bread and let's see if he stays in character. Let's see if he can make a pot pipe out of a chicken bone like a real inmate. :nope:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

UPDATE: CPAC communications reached out to me. They say Fuentes is banned from the property and has not been seen by security. It seems there may be a Fuentes lookalike here. What I can say for sure is that some of the men who protested with him last year are in attendance today.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Return to “Current Politics”