Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:51 pm Maybe they should find a nice, big cemetery to circle. At least they could stay together. And the locals would be about as interested in it as the originally intended audience.
When I was a kid, we would have suggested they drive over to 24th and Van Buren for an extended stay.

But I don’t know if the Arizona State Hospital exists anymore. All the patients seem to be on the streets these days - driving cars in circles.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What a mess if we end up with this MAGA AG.
Merissa Hamilton 🗳 ⛽ 🗽 @merissahamilton wrote: BOOM 🎤

@GeneralBrnovich's office serves notice to @maricopacounty @marcoattorney requesting detailed documentation of potential election violations & questions their ability to lawfully certify 2022 election

@FannKfann @AZKellyT Plz follow with subpoena & hearings 🙏🇺🇸🗽🎯❤️
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

What, we stole it again, WHILE you were scrutinizing every move?

Damn, we’re good!!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

that's what hubs always used to tell his friends when they were ragging on Hillary, either she's an evil genius or the Republicans were too fucking stupid to catch her. It usually shut them up.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Get in the car loser, we're going losing!
https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/stat ... 7899376640
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: JUST IN: Mohave County has voted to delay certification of election results until Nov. 28. BOS member says it is a political statement of solidarity with other counties that have delayed certification.
Delay, delay, delay! I thought they wanted those votes counted? Odd, that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

It must be something in the water.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

much ado wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:19 pm It must be something in the water.
Uranium tailings.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Do they glow in the dark? Just asking!
raison de arizona

much ado wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm Do they glow in the dark? Just asking!
Scorpions glow under UV light, but these are all snakes so :shrug:
bob

Post by bob »

AP: 2nd Arizona county delays certifying election, for now:
A second Republican-controlled Arizona county on Monday delayed certifying the results of this month’s election as a protest against voting issues in Maricopa County that some GOP officials have blamed for their losses in top races including the contest for governor.

The delay came as Maricopa, the state’s most populous county, finished counting the last remaining ballots and the state attorney general demanded that officials there explain Election Day problems some voters experienced.

Arizona voters elected a Democratic governor, Katie Hobbs, and gave Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly a full six-year term in office. But the race for attorney general was heading to a mandatory recount once the election is certified by all 15 counties and the secretary of state. Democrat Kris Mayes ended up ahead of Republican Abraham Hamadeh by just 510 votes on Monday after Maricopa County counted about 1,200 remaining ballots. Nearly 2.6 million Arizonans voted.
N.b.:
The split vote by the board of supervisors in Mohave County in northwest Arizona came with an explicit vow to certify the election on the Nov. 28 deadline. Members called it a political statement to show how upset they were with the issues in Maricopa County, home to Phoenix and about 60% of the the state’s voters.

Mohave became the second state county to delay certification, following Cochise in Arizona’s southeast. The board there made its decision Friday without a promise to certify the results by the deadline for doing so, despite setting a meeting to consider it. Instead the two Republicans who constitute a majority on the board demanded that the secretary of state prove their vote-counting machines were legally certified.

The state elections director told them they were, but the two board members sided instead with claims put forward by a trio of men who alleged the certifications had lapsed.

On Monday, state Elections Director Kori Lorick provided the county board with certifications for the vote-counting machines from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. Lorick also warned the board that the state would sue if they did not certify on time.
:roll:

Cue the outcry if Hobbs' office has to sue to get sore-loser counties to certify the election that Hobbs won.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

what if they just ignored those counties and refused to seat the state senators from them?
bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:17 pm what if they just ignored those counties and refused to seat the state senators from them?
I presume every county's certification is required for statewide offices.

I'm curious who would be the governor once Ducey's term ends on January 1 and if Hobbs can't certify any statewide election. (The Secretary of State succeeds the governor in case of vacancy, but Hobbs' term also ends on January 1.)
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:17 pm what if they just ignored those counties and refused to seat the state senators from them?

I'm curious who would be the governor once Ducey's term ends on January 1 and if Hobbs can't certify any statewide election. (The Secretary of State succeeds the governor in case of vacancy, but Hobbs' term also ends on January 1.)
Pandemonium!

The office of Governor is automatically abolished in favor of the new title "War Lord" which is awarded to the winner of a round robin tournament of fights to the death among any who deem themselves worthy and demonstrate proficiency with small arms to include broadsword, lance, mace, longbow and as a member of a counterweight trebuchet crew.

The Winner shall serve until death or violent overthrow resulting in exile. :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

That is the pressure point they are trying irritate.

Look at me!
Our system depends on honest cooperation.
Look at me!
If we refuse to cooperate,
Look at me!
Or even better, positively throw monkey wrenches into the system
Look at me!
We can make every thing go to hell in a handbasket
Look at me!
Won't that be fun to watch?
Look at me!
I said look at me and stop asking what the second act looks like
Look at me
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 pm
bob wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 pm :snippity:

The office of Governor is automatically abolished in favor of the new title "War Lord" which is awarded to the winner of a round robin tournament of fights to the death among any who deem themselves worthy and demonstrate proficiency with small arms to include broadsword, lance, mace, longbow and as a member of a counterweight trebuchet crew.

The Winner shall serve until death or violent overthrow resulting in exile. :thumbsup:
I prefer "God Emperor of Mankind"..... :batting:

What!?!?! No flails allowed!!!!! The deal is off.... :fingerwag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

And, it begins:

Seems long on "irregularities" and short on actual claims involving actual ballots.

The strongest claim appears to be that some mail-in votes were improperly verified. But I'm guessing, even if true, the number of disputed ballots won't change the outcome.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

state legislators are only voted in by their respective districts
bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:50 pm state legislators are only voted in by their respective districts
Yes; of course. I presume Hobbs isn't going to play those kinds of games.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

The lawsuit: https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... plaint.pdf
A2048691-CAF0-4684-AABA-89661C809570.png
A2048691-CAF0-4684-AABA-89661C809570.png (51.59 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 pm

Pandemonium!

I mean, not for nothing, but I thought Arizona had a pretty strong Society for Creative Anachronism kingdom. I've done no studies on the alt-right incursion into SCA, because despite the history degree I've fought for over 30 years to avoid joining, so I can't say whether this would be an improvement, but I can tell you I have known personally SCA fighters from the Kingdom of Trimaris who could probably take on all of the Arizona candidates at the same time without breaking a sweat.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

There is a robust SCA community in AZ. Fwiw.

Bill Gates has reportedly had to be moved and protected (at taxpayer cost of course) due to death threats from these loons.
raison de arizona

Maricopa County Chairman moved to 'undisclosed location' for safety after midterm elections

Maricopa County Supervisor Bill Gates has confirmed that he moved to an undisclosed location for his safety after security concerns connected to the 2022 midterm elections.

Deputies from the sheriff's office are also providing a security detail, officials said.

Gates, a Republican and one of the leaders of the Maricopa County Elections Department, has been a fierce defender of the county's election system and an outspoken critic of false claims that the 2020 election was stolen.

In a similar vein, Gates has continued to defend the county against continued claims of fraud during the midterms. Some have focused on an issue with printers on Election Day that led to numerous tabulation machines being unable to read some ballots.

His stance has caused a slew of backlash online and in person. Some people were seen launching verbal attacks on Gates during a meeting with the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors earlier this week.

Other county officials have reported receiving calls they considered threatening from campaign volunteers.
:snippity:
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/maric ... -elections

Republican Secretary of State candidate (former):
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I guess conspiracy theory lojjik is in play here, choose either:
"They took a suspiciously long time to count the votes, that proves they were working to hide the true result: FRAUD!!!"
or:
"They took a suspiciously short time to count the votes, that proves they had already decided on the result and didn't actually count the ballots: FRAUD!!!"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I am personal friends with several SCAdians from Atenveldt (I'm from the Midrealm). A SCAdian would definitely would be the winner, and about 75% would be acceptable in the role. But there is that 25% that I would not trust...

:duel:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”