Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm sorry, but your application to become the second Penis Man tagger has been denied. You'll just have to go back to your day job at the 699th. :fingerwag:

:lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

It's because we're all getting older and Penis Man needs a longer refractory period, Gregg. Don't take it personally.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You act like you know for sure I am not the original!

Think about it, doesn't it make sense that a guy with a security detail of wiener dogs JUST MIGHT BE Penis Man?

Have you ever seen us both in the same place? :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Isn't the name 'Penis Man' redundant? :confuzzled:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:44 am Private jets leaving Arizona after the Superbowl.
AEF60F27-836C-44B2-B3F4-DA2B420501DD.jpeg
When my parents retired, they lived in Augusta, GA. My wife and I flew in to visit once, during the Masters golf tournament.

As the plane landed, I looked to the right at the commercial aviation hangar. I never saw so many private jets in my life. They were parked wingtip to wingtip, at really strange angles, to cram as many as possible into the space.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:07 pm You know I'm going to start doing that around Cincinnati, Detroit and Gettysburg, just to feed the rumor that it's an actual movement. :rotflmao:
Arlo Guthrie wrote: If one person does it, they may think he's crazy and they won't take him. If two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them. If three people a day do it, they may think its an organization, and if fifty people, I say, fifty people a day walk in, sing a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walk out, friends, they may think its a movement. And that's what it is, the Alice's Restaurant anti-massacree movement, and all you got to do to join it is to sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar machine.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

One more thing for teachers to do, be the Pledge Police.
Arizona House votes to require students say Pledge of Allegiance

State lawmakers, courting a likely lawsuit, voted Tuesday to require students to recite the Pledge of Allegiance each day.

Existing law spells out that schools have to set aside time each day "for students who wish to recite the pledge.'' But HB2523, given preliminary approval by the House on a voice vote, adds language that says each student "shall recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States flag during this time.''

The only exceptions would be for students who have a request from a parent to opt out, or for students who are at least 18, who could refuse.
:snippity:
https://tucson.com/news/local/education ... 33b47.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I dimmly recall court decisions that *not* participating in such procedures is also "protected speech" under the 1st Amendment.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Eurobot is a winner!!!!!!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/supre ... c-rituals/

[quote]Did the Supreme Court Rule in 1943 That No One Can Be Forced to Participate in Patriotic Rituals?

What's True
The Supreme Court ruled in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette (1943) that under the free speech provisions of the First Amendment, public school students cannot be compelled to participate in patriotic rituals such as the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem.

What's False
Neither the First Amendment nor the Supreme Court's 1943 ruling applies to private entities such as the NFL.

The Supreme Court's 1943 ruling applied to school board officials and other government entities, not private sector enterprises such as the NFL.

The First Amendment itself makes no mention of free speech protections outside the context of government actions:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The above-referenced Supreme Court decision (West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, decided on 14 June 1943) held, by a 6-3 vote in favor, that forcing students to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public school classrooms constitutes compelled speech and violates the students' First Amendment rights.

The decision was actually a reversal of an early ruling (Minersville School District v. Gobitis, 1940) in which the justices upheld a local Pennslyvania school board's right to impose a compulsory flag salute on Jehovah's Witness students who wished to be excused from the ritual on religious grounds. The opinion held that the state's interest in fostering patriotic unity was greater than that in defending individual citizens' freedom of expression.

In its 1943 decision overturning Minersville, the court's rejection of that opinion was unambiguous:
If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us.

We think the action of the local authorities in compelling the flag salute and pledge transcends constitutional limitations on their power and invades the sphere of intellect and spirit which it is the purpose of the First Amendment to our Constitution to reserve from all official control.
But the court was also clear in specifying that it is government officials (in this instance school board members) who are proscribed from forcing people to participate in the flag salute or other patriotic ceremonies. No mention was made of such protections' covering employees of private sector businesses. With regard to "taking a knee," this means that while students in public school athletics programs may be protected by the First Amendment from disciplinary action by school authorities, professional football players aren't protected from the same punishments by their teams or the NFL.
[/quote]
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:17 pm I dimmly recall court decisions that *not* participating in such procedures is also "protected speech" under the 1st Amendment.
I also vaguely remember hearing/reading that during the holocaust, that Jehovah Witnesses were also sent to concentration camps along with other groups because they refused to pledge allegiance to a government. Their only allegiance is to their creator.
tek

Post by tek »

state's interest in fostering patriotic unity
Wow, there's a phrase for ya...
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Supreme Court rules for Arizona inmate in death penalty case

Wed, February 22, 2023 at 4:33 PM GMT+1

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that a man on Arizona's death row should be resentenced because jurors in his case were wrongly told that the only way to ensure he would never walk free was to sentence him to death.

The 5-4 decision, in an opinion by Justice Sonia Sotomayor, said John Montenegro Cruz should get a new penalty phase of his trial where it is made clear to jurors that he is ineligible for parole if he is sentenced to life in prison, instead of death.

The case is important not only for Cruz, but also for other Arizona death row inmates whose juries received similar misinformation. Arizona currently has approximately 100 people on its death row. It was not clear how many of those might be eligible for a new sentencing hearing.

Cruz had argued that the jury should have been informed he would be ineligible for parole if spared from death and given a life sentence. A judge rejected that request and the state said Cruz failed to make the precise requests he needed to under Supreme Court precedent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-cour ... 58775.html
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:17 pm I dimmly recall court decisions that *not* participating in such procedures is also "protected speech" under the 1st Amendment.
SovCit Prime Directive states...

If the 1st Amendment was really important, it would be part of the 2nd Amendment.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trial will weigh whether Buckeye officer used excessive force on autistic teen[
More than five years after a police officer mistook an autistic teen for a drug user, a lawsuit filed against the City of Buckeye will finally head to trial.

By: Dave Biscobing
Posted at 10:27 PM, Feb 17, 2023 and last updated 6:27 AM, Feb 18, 2023

BUCKEYE, AZ — More than five years after a police officer mistook an autistic teen for a drug user, a lawsuit filed against the City of Buckeye will finally head to trial.

Connor Leibel sued the city after former Officer David Grossman tackled and detained him in a neighborhood park in July 2017.

Leibel was 14 years old at the time of the incident.

The trial will begin on February 21 and will last about a week.

The case largely focuses on two claims: (1) Did Grossman used excessive force during the arrest? (2) Were Leibel’s rights violated under the Americans with Disabilities Act?

Grossman, who was a “Drug Recognition Expert,” stopped Leibel in the park because he suspected he was inhaling something, according to body camera footage.

However, Leibel was “stimming” with a small piece of string.

Stims are typically repetitive movements or behaviors that act as self-soothing or calming mechanisms for people with autism.

In defense of Grossman’s actions, Buckeye’s attorneys will argue that the officer had reasonable suspicion to stop and detain Leibel.

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/i ... istic-teen
bob

Post by bob »

Cross-post/"for completeness":
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And now thaler, the source for these claims, is saying that Rodgers took bribes from the cartel
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It got even stupider today I read...

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Incredibly stupid. Several of those named the supporting documents has people with similar names that aren't the actual person named. It's like birthers for the research
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:17 pm Incredibly stupid. Several of those named the supporting documents has people with similar names that aren't the actual person named. It's like birthers for the research
Ha! What you Obots don't realize is that those people with similar names are the same people using fake names. Which are like their real names because the Cartel are not very smart.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Suranis wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:26 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:17 pm Incredibly stupid. Several of those named the supporting documents has people with similar names that aren't the actual person named. It's like birthers for the research
Ha! What you Obots don't realize is that those people with similar names are the same people using fake names. Which are like their real names because the Cartel are not very smart.
My friend Harson Bunnel agrees with you.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Liz Harris is trying to backpedal from this. How long before she gets added to the list of people taking bribes?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

It's incredible how many people on Facebook WANT this to be true.

Theyve already gone off the deep end
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

From an AP article, it seems like the Arizona legislature's leaders have found their limit on how far they will go on the election denial BS. I suspect the backtracking by Harris and Rogers is intended to get back in the good graces of the leadership.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-us- ... e9fd938d25
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I don’t know if it is so much about the good graces of leadership as it is that the damage is done. The rubes already believe it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”