Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You convinced me, Chilidog. Send your resume and solution to Mike Lindell. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Former AG Election Unit Head Starts Legal Process For Defamation Claim About News Story Of Alleged Firing

The former head of the Arizona Attorney General’s election integrity unit has retained a lawyer and taken the first step required by state law to initiate a defamation lawsuit after the Arizona Republic published an article earlier this week asserting she “was removed from her position” by new Attorney General Kris Mayes.

According to the Jan. 5 article, Assistant Attorney General Jennifer Wright was told to resign “or be fired” as one of Mayes’ first official acts after being sworn in Jan. 2. The article by reporter Robert Anglen notes the information about Wright’s employment came from Mayes’ office.

That same day, Republic editor Elvia Diaz shared Anglen’s article on Twitter along with a comment that Mayes “fires assistant attorney general who launched dubious Arizona election probe.”

The only problem, Wright says, is she can prove she had already resigned from the AG’s office a few days earlier. Which means she was not a state employee at the time Mayes took office nor when someone in that office told Anglen that Wright was ousted by the new AG.

On Saturday, Arizona Daily Independent confirmed Wright has issued a Notice and Demand for correction pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 12-653.2. She noted that “every second the tweets and erroneous article is available incurs further damage.”

Such a demand is necessary to allow Wright to pursue certain damages as part of a defamation action.
:snippity:
https://arizonadailyindependent.com/202 ... ed-firing/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

RWNJs are up in arms that Maricopa County's new rebranding is simply a middle finger to all Arizonans. 🖕
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:21 pm "Experts to find out why the printers that read ballots well in the primaries"

I am quite sure that the printers did not read ballots, either in the Primaries or the General election cycle. :cantlook:
"I kept trying to feed these ballots into the printer and it wouldn't read them. It must be Chinese or Russian interference".
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
brings to mind the old joke
A young executive was working late, trying to impress his boss. As he was leaving the office late that evening he found the CEO looking confused and standing in front of the document shredder with a single piece of paper in his hand.

“Listen,” said the CEO, “this is a very sensitive and important document and my secretary left hours ago. Can you make this thing work?”

“Sure can,” said the young executive.

Excited with the opportunity to kiss up to the boss, the young man confidently took the piece of paper from the boss, turned and pressed the “on” button.

Waiting for the young man to finish the project at hand, the boss said excitedly, “Excellent, EXCELLENT!..I don’t know what I would have done without you this evening!”

With that the young man put the paper into the shredder, and as it disappeared, the CEO followed with, “Actually I just needed one copy.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Off topic? I wonder if that CEO is now working the Republican election machine in AZ :lol:
raison de arizona

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dear Kory.

We didn't have an official copy of any resignation, sounds like a "you" problem to us.

Piss off,

Az SOS et al

:rotflmao:

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

So Wright knew she was going to be ousted and resigned before Mayes took office [maybe, that is]. What's the BFD when she was gone? And she claims she fired the Arizona AG office? Sure she did.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

It’s just another Republican having a tantrum because something didn’t go her way. Pffft. I Hope she gets trounced.
raison de arizona

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Why this is bad news for Biden!
raison de arizona

80%+ of AZ voters use vote-by-mail, the GOP is determined to kill it.
Appeals court: Arizona early voting system is constitutional

The Arizona Court of Appeals has ruled that the state’s early voting system is constitutional.

In an 11-page ruling Tuesday, the three-judge panel rejected the Arizona Republican Party’s argument that mail-in voting violates the secrecy clause in the state Constitution.

The clause requires that voters must have a way to conceal their choices on the ballot.

More than 80% of Arizona voters use the early voting system that was created by lawmakers in 1991.

It allowed any voter to vote by mail and removed the requirement that voters fill out and seal their ballots in the presence of an officer authorized to administer oaths, the appeals court noted.
https://www.knau.org/knau-and-arizona-n ... titutional
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How the Arizona Attorney General Created a Secretive, Illegal Surveillance Program to Sweep up Millions of Our Financial Records
New records obtained by the ACLU shed light on the scope of a mass surveillance program keeping tabs on Americans’ financial data.

Fikayo Walter-Johnson, Former Paralegal, ACLU's Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project
Nathan Freed Wessler, Deputy Director, ACLU Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project
January 18, 2023

Last year, Sen. Ron Wyden raised alarms about one of the largest government surveillance programs in recent memory. Sen. Wyden revealed that the Arizona attorney general’s office, in collaboration with the Phoenix Field Office of the Department of Homeland Security’s Homeland Security Investigations, had engaged in the indiscriminate collection of money transfer records for transactions exceeding $500 sent to or from Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas, as well as to or from Mexico. Any time anyone in the U.S. used companies like Western Union or MoneyGram to send or receive money to or from one of these states or Mexico — whether to send a remittance home, or help a relative with an emergency expense, or pay a bill — a record of their transaction was deposited into a database controlled by the Arizona attorney general and shared with other law enforcement agencies.

Sen. Wyden’s revelation left significant questions about the scope and legality of this program unanswered, so the ACLU and the ACLU of Arizona submitted a public records request to the Arizona attorney general’s office to learn more. Today, we are sharing more than 200 documents that shed light on this mass surveillance of Americans’ sensitive financial data.

The records show the state of Arizona sending at least 140 illegal subpoenas to money transfer companies to compel them to turn over customers’ private financial data, amassing it in a huge database and giving virtually unfettered access to thousands of officers from hundreds of law enforcement agencies across the country. The database, run by an organization called the Transaction Record Analysis Center (TRAC), contained 145 million records of people’s financial transactions as of 2021, and we have reason to believe it’s still growing.

Western Union, MoneyGram, and other financial services companies often serve people who otherwise may not have access to bank accounts or traditional financial services, such as immigrant workers sending money back home to their families and people without credit scores. Because members of marginalized communities rely heavily on these services rather than traditional banks, the burden of this government surveillance falls disproportionately on those already most vulnerable to law enforcement overreach.

https://www.aclu.org/news/privacy-techn ... ce-program
raison de arizona

The money shot:
This means the Arizona attorney general’s office knowingly issued 140 illegal subpoenas to build an invasive data repository.
Also, it appears someone is a little butthurt still about who won the SoS race:
Adrian Fontes @Adrian_Fontes wrote: Where’s the best breakfast in Tempe?
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: Have you considered just driving until you see the ocean??

We're sure you'll find something good.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:09 am [img] https: //pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmuh5UBaUAEmeM7?format=jpg&name=large[/img]
A little late in responding to this.

It strikes me that if Jennifer Wright is "an election attorney powerhouse who worked tirelessly in Attorney General Brnovch's office to make sure we had confidence and integrity in our elections", why exactly is she joining a campaign whose sole purpose is to repudiate her supposedly good work in that regard?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:shrug:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:30 am https://youtu.be/rimhb3IwhfY
:torches: especially like the tongue bath the judge gave him.

What a disgrace.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:35 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:30 am https://youtu.be/rimhb3IwhfY
:torches: especially like the tongue bath the judge gave him.

What a disgrace.
Agreed.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

There is a reason why a third of voters in AZ are registered Independent. The GOP is extra Trumpy cray-cray out here.
Maricopa County GOP Censures Republican Maricopa County Supervisors, Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer over Election Integrity at Annual Meeting

The Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) voted last week at their annual meeting to censure Maricopa County Stephen Richer and the four Republican members of the Maricopa County Supervisors; Bill Gates, Thomas Galvin, Clint Hickman and Jack Sellers. The vote for the censure resolution was 1,460 for, 138 against, and 36 abstaining.

Maricopa County Member-at-Large Brian Ference told The Arizona Sun Times, “The PCs in Maricopa have spoken, overwhelmingly censuring Richer and the MCBOS, the key line being ‘Ceases immediately any and all recognition and support of the above individuals being censured and encourages all registered Republicans to expel them permanently from office.’
https://arizonasuntimes.com/2023/01/22/ ... l-meeting/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The lot of them ought to dump the Republican Party and continue on as Independents.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:21 pm The lot of them ought to dump the Republican Party and continue on as Independents.
Yeah, this is what I don't get. Anyone who is still a Republican is now associated with with their radical former outliers, who are now in power, if not in numbers. I feel like this about people I know who keep saying they're "moderate Republicans." That ship sailed.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:40 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:21 pm The lot of them ought to dump the Republican Party and continue on as Independents.
Yeah, this is what I don't get. Anyone who is still a Republican is now associated with with their radical former outliers, who are now in power, if not in numbers. I feel like this about people I know who keep saying they're "moderate Republicans." That ship sailed.
Martin Bormann was a moderate Nazi, right?

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”