Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm Okay, here is what I have gathered so far.

The SoS has sued to make them certify, it is likely a Judge will say they have to. How long this plays out in court might be an issue because....

:snippity:
[/quote]

Contempt of court? How deep are the pockets of those officials? Or alternate (cause the judge thinks third parties will cover unlimited) some jail time for all?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:08 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm Okay, here is what I have gathered so far.

The SoS has sued to make them certify, it is likely a Judge will say they have to. How long this plays out in court might be an issue because....

Contempt of court? How deep are the pockets of those officials? Or alternate (cause the judge thinks third parties will cover unlimited) some jail time for all?
[/quote]

I would think removal from office at the minimum
Has everybody heard about the bird?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Doesn’t the judge understand that the vote count doesn’t matter? Just declare Abe the winner already!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Since when did Arizona become a hillbilly state? Or was I fooled?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:27 pm Since when did Arizona become a hillbilly state? Or was I fooled?
It isn't a hillbilly state, but it is full of (2nd or 3rd generation) Okies.

Remember stories of the dustbowl and the Okies migrating to 'California Or Bust'.

Well, when they busted, and a lot of them did, they busted in Arizona.

Of course, its also full of Snowbirds and medical refugees.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

keith wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:58 am

Of course, its also full of Snowbirds and medical refugees.
Arizona explicitly prohibits voting in more than one state, and a person doing so would be guilty of a Class 5 felony if found doing so. Snowbirds must choose their state of residence for voting purposes, which is generally based on where one pays state income taxes.

Washington State does not have a state income tax, but Arizona does. A WA state snowbird would not register to vote in Arizona unless that person wants to pay Arizona state income tax. For the record, WA State also prohibits voting in more than one state.

There's a handy guide to double voting on the NCSL's web page, under 'double voting'.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

The number of badges and pins on that hat would make for a pretty effective tin-foil hat........ Just sayin' :tinfoil:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

So many clones in that protest.. haha…
Do they all get to vote?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Can't the AZ Secretary of State (governor-elect Hobbs) simply count the votes that HAVE been certified?

Someone posted a tweet, earlier in this thread, saying just that. Katie Hobbs would still win the governor's seat, but a republican house candidate would lose. The tweet didn't say whether they were referring to a state or federal house member.

The law in AZ states, rather unequivocally, that counties must certify votes by Nov. 28. Does the law not also state that the AZ SOS must count the certified votes received by that date? Seems simple enough to me. FOFA.

If she did that, the county supervisors would have to explain to their constituents why the board disenfranchised everyone in the county.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Cochise County supervisors prove that Katie Hobbs really stinks at cheating
If Hobbs and her office chose not to follow the law and, essentially, look the other way, it would be a bonanza for Democrats, pennies from heaven.

Cochise County is heavily Republican.According to records on the county’s website, Republican Juan Ciscomani received nearly 14,000 more votes than Democrat Kirsten Engle in their race for Arizona’s 6th congressional district.Likewise, Republican Tom Horne received 9,000 more votes than Democrat Kathy Hoffman in the contest for Superintendent of Public Instruction.

If the supervisors were to refuse to certify their election results and, as the law provides, “disenfranchise all of the voters in Cochise County”, Democrats would have enough votes from the other 14 counties to win both of those races.

All Katie Hobbs’ office has to do to make that happen is turn a blind eye. Don’t file a lawsuit. Don’t do anything.

Let the goofball Republican majority on the Cochise County board – who, ironically, squawk about non-existent voting irregularities – negate the votes of tens of thousands of their residents, the majority of them from their own party.

There would be no easier way to “steal” a couple of elections.
raison de arizona

I would really like to see Hoffman over Horne. I'm pulling for Cochise to shoot themselves in the foot. Hobbs should step back and let them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I suspect is she did nothing she’d be in violation, of her oath of office if nothing else.
raison de arizona

What Cochise county supervisors are doing is a felony.
'This craziness has to stop': Ex-prosecutors recommend charging Cochise County supervisors

Former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard and former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley on Tuesday urged prosecutors to consider criminal charges against the Cochise County supervisors who refused to certify the county's election Monday.

Supervisors Tom Crosby and Peggy Judd have repeatedly questioned election procedures and also been warned that if they did not canvass their election Monday, the state deadline, they not only could disenfranchise voters in southeastern Arizona but also face criminal penalties.

The supervisors already are facing two civil cases, both seeking to force them to certify the election this week so the statewide canvass can include Cochise County votes Monday.

"Their votes against certification resulted in the three-member Board failing to perform its legal duty to certify the election," said the letter from Goddard, a Democrat, and Romley, a Republican.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
The letter: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ov-29-2022
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:32 pm I would really like to see Hoffman over Horne. I'm pulling for Cochise to shoot themselves in the foot. Hobbs should step back and let them.
If* refusal to certify means those votes don't count, then, if I did the math right, Engel will take the 6th district instead of Ciscomani.

Not to mention the distance between AG candidates widen.

Hobbs is good at cheating.

* Yeah, Bob, it may not mean that, but a boy can dream.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If Hobbs and her office chose not to follow the law and, essentially, look the other way, it would be a bonanza for Democrats, pennies from heaven.
All Katie Hobbs’ office has to do to make that happen is turn a blind eye. Don’t file a lawsuit. Don’t do anything.
Umm, how is doing nothing "not following the law"? :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I absolutely want to see the doomsday scenario play out here.

They refuse to certify, a Judge says they have to. The say "neener neener, you can't make me" and the Judge puts them in Jail until they do.

They hold out past the Monday deadline and Katie Hobbs closes the statewide election without those votes, and now the AG votes is not close enough for a recount and also too the Congressional vote flips the seat to a Democrat.

Republicans have a total phucking meltdown and the two Commissioners that have so far been in the hoosegow for Contempt are released from custody but immediately charged with the Felony. The 17,000 people who just had their votes tossed out because of them are the jury pool for the trial.

And we all live happily phucking after.

:thumbsup:

Arizona Republicans, welcome to the FO phase of your self inflicted nightmare.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

OMG I phucking LOVE the doomsday scenario. Let it happen!
raison de arizona

The problem with this scenario is that the person that needs to charge them is Brnovich, who is currently going after Maricopa county where nothing illegal happened, and ignoring Cochise county, where something illegal is definitely happening.
much ado

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:49 pm The problem with this scenario is that the person that needs to charge them is Brnovich, who is currently going after Maricopa county where nothing illegal happened, and ignoring Cochise county, where something illegal is definitely happening.
Can't they be charged after the new AG is in office on January 2, 2023? So they would not be immediately charged, but they would still be charged.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm confused as to why Cochise County is protesting, at the risk of all their votes, something in Maricopa County?

Of course, Arizona politics in general confuses me.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:12 pm I'm confused as to why Cochise County is protesting, at the risk of all their votes, something in Maricopa County?

Of course, Arizona politics in general confuses me.
Look at me... I'm a fighter. I'm fighting the evil Democrats in Maricopa by bombing my own county's Republicans. But I am fighting against even Democrats.. What? Maricopa has Republican board members doing this? They're RINOs and leftists/globalists who hate America. Look at me, I'm fighting.

The current RW strategy is to convince your base you are a fighter and you are fighting. Winning is not important as long as you can be seen as fighting. You're taking it to the man. Your fighting by doing stuff, not winning stuff, but stuff.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”