Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Spiker told investigators that the family attorney had advised to keep Talan hidden away until his hand injuries from the 'hammer punches' he boasted about throwing had healed.
Uh, surely this isn't kosher.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Sounds like tampering with evidence, but IANAL.
bob

Post by bob »

Another day, more sanctions for Hamadeh.

SO MUCH WINNING!
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Nice to hear, though AZ sanctions are a joke, in my IANAL limited experience.

Anyway, "meritless, bad faith challenge" is one more step in the right direction to JFK, THESE PEOPLE ARE UNDERMINING FAITH IN OUR ELECTION SYSTEM TO FACILITATE THEIR FASCIST TAKE-OVER OF THE COUNTRY.

Little ways to go, still.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:violin:
UPDATE: AZGOP Admits Failing To Report and Pay Rent On Office Building For Several Months

The Arizona Republican Party confessed today to the Federal Elections Commission that they failed to report and pay rent "for multiple months" in 2023 due to their "shortage of cash-flow and donations."

The unsigned filing from the AZGOP is in response to the FEC's inquiry about why "limited administrative expenses" were disclosed in the last three months of 2023.

The party says the lack of paid expenses was accurate. "Please note that the Committee had a shortage of cash-flow and donations up until the end of 2023. Rent for multiple months of 2023 was actually paid on January 11th, 2024 and was properly documented and filed in the 2024 February Monthly Report."
:snippity:
https://arizonaspolitics.blogspot.com/2 ... eport.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Young Heath just can't stop losing.
Ryan @Ryan_L_Heath wrote: The ruling does not address the substantive arguments I presented for the issues decided (standing, timeliness, available relief under quo warranto/mandamus, and the difference between this case—which alleges that Maricopa county failed to apply Arizona's signature verification standards in accordance with A.R.S. 16-550(A) and the EPM—and Abe's prior lawsuits—which challenged the lawfulness of the EPM itself).

This case has always been destined for the Arizona Supreme Court, which is where it's headed.
Stephen Richer—MaricopaCountyRecorder (prsnl acct) @stephen_richer wrote: Just handed down:

Complete victory for the county in the umpteenth Hamadeh lawsuit (this one with Mast/Crosby).

-- Mast and Crosby have no standing; their claims are dismissed.

-- Hamadeh’s claim against Maricopa County defendants’ signature verification procedure is dismissed as untimely (must bring lawsuit prior to election).

-- Hamadeh’s mandamus claim is dismissed as untimely because he had an adequate remedy (the election contest statute).

-- Hamadeh’s quo warranto claim is dismissed as untimely (same reason).

-- Hamadeh’s claims are dismissed under the doctrine of res judicata/issue preclusion (he’s already litigated this issue).

-- Maricopa County’s request for leave to seek sanctions against Mast and Crosby is granted; our motion must be filed within 20 days.

-- The SOS/AG request for sanctions against Hamadeh and his counsel, Ryan Heath, is granted. Court will allocate that attorneys’ fees sanction against Hamadeh and Heath as the Court sees fit.
The ruling: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 814350.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: Apparently a supplemental brief was filed with SCOTUS today for the Lake and Finchem lawsuit. The brief claims that logic and accuracy tests were not done in 2022 despite it being live streamed, and a ton of witnesses in the room and a signed document...I could go on but 🤷‍♂️.
raison de arizona

:fuckyou: Elmo keep yer BS conspiracies out of AZ! We're full up on crazies, move along!
https://x.com/stephen_richer/status/177 ... 55596?s=20
Stephen Richer—MaricopaCountyRecorder (prsnl acct) @stephen_richer wrote: Hi Elon!

The post you're quote-tweeting seems to suggest that, based on Social Security Administration data, 220,731 illegal immigrants have registered to vote in Arizona since January 1, 2024.

A few things if I may be so bold (since I have easy access to Maricopa County's data -- which makes up 62% of Arizona):

1) Only 39,653 new voters have registered in Maricopa County in 2024 in total. For Arizona, that number is about 60,000.

2) Arizona's voter rolls have actually been going down. In Maricopa County, we've gone from about 2.6 million active registered voters in 2020 to about 2.4 million active registered voters in 2024.

3) SSA is not used to check citizenship. It's used to check proof of identity.

4) Motor Vehicle Divisions are typically used for proof of citizenship. In Arizona, since October 1, 1996, drivers have had to provide proof of citizenship for driver's licenses (except Type F). We use this data to confirm citizenship for the vast majority of registration applicants. We also have some other tools at our disposal, or we communicate directly with the voter to get documentation.

5) If the voter cannot provide documented proof of citizenship, but still attests under penalty of law that he is a citizen, he goes on what is called the "Federal Only" list in Arizona.

6) In Maricopa County, there are 20,768 registered voters on the Federal Only list. There are about 30,000 for all of Arizona.

7) Again, these people attest that they are U.S. Citizens, but they have not provided documented proof.

8) Most studies show that these people are disproportionately college-aged students (perhaps who don't have ready access to a birth certificate).

But there is 0 validity to the suggestion in the original post that 220,731 illegal immigrants have registered in Arizona in 2024.

Hope this helps.

We loved the recent rocket launch that we could see in the Arizona sky. Thanks for all the cool sciencey stuff you continue to do.

Stephen
(owner of many, many Musk-related products, and former user of TBC "flamethrower")
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Extremely concerning
End Wokeness @EndWokeness wrote: H O L Y S H I T

The number of voters registering without a photo ID is SKYROCKETING in 3 key swing states:

Arizona, Texas, and Pennsylvania.

Since the start of 2024:

TX: 1,250,710
PA: 580,513
AZ: 220,731

HAVV allows voters to register with a Social Security Number (4 digits).

Illegals are not able to get licenses there. But they can get Social Security Cards (for work authorization permits).

Data is publicly available: https://ssa.gov/open/havv/havv-weekly-2024-01-13.html
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He does a good job of politely proving the stupid.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, it proves despite Texas' efforts, millions of people are pouring through it's porous border, and apparently immediately registering to vote which is not weird at all. Whenever I illegally enter a country, the first thing I do is register to vote. We do it all the time. Then, of course, we go enjoy a leisurely abortion or two. You know, since we're here.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:30 am
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: Apparently a supplemental brief was filed with SCOTUS today for the Lake and Finchem lawsuit. The brief claims that logic and accuracy tests were not done in 2022 despite it being live streamed, and a ton of witnesses in the room and a signed document...I could go on but 🤷‍♂️.
Bad faith argument. I heard this argument twice at the hearings last year.

Reminds me of Harry Heury (sp) testifying yesterday (?) at the Jeffrey Clark disbarment hearing. H: There were no investigations of red flag X. DC Bar lawyer: Didn't the FBI investigate? H: No. DC: You've seen this report of the FBI investigation I have in my hand? H: Yes. DC: They you agree the FBI did an investigation. H: No. I don't know who any of those people who signed that were; if they had really done and investigation, they would have found the irregularities, and since they didn't, that means they did not investigate, and so it is true that there was no investigation.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:52 am Well, it proves despite Texas' efforts, millions of people are pouring through it's porous border, and apparently immediately registering to vote which is not weird at all. Whenever I illegally enter a country, the first thing I do is register to vote. We do it all the time. Then, of course, we go enjoy a leisurely abortion or two. You know, since we're here.
I’d a thought you’d have gone through that mysterious “The Change” by now. ;)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:52 am Well, it proves despite Texas' efforts, millions of people are pouring through it's porous border, and apparently immediately registering to vote which is not weird at all. Whenever I illegally enter a country, the first thing I do is register to vote. We do it all the time. Then, of course, we go enjoy a leisurely abortion or two. You know, since we're here.
I’d a thought you’d have gone through that mysterious “The Change” by now. ;)
Well, when we were younger Mrs and I were just throwing away babies left and right. Every chance we got. It became pretty routine. We'd be eating in a restaurant. She'd look up and say "Oh, I have to go have an abortion" and I'd say "Do you need any help?". Usually she said she had it under control - "BRB", give me a smile, and head to the womennens room. I never got concerned until she hadn't returned in a half hour or so.
raison de arizona

Fontes filed for sanctions against young Heath. :thumbsup:
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2024/0 ... pdate.html
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Arizona, behaving otherwise:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thanks!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

:boxing:
https://x.com/BarryMarkson1/status/1776245286861406402
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: Abe, you’re not “fighting” anyone. You lost your election but you never learned how to lose with grace and humility. You post nothing of substance. You live with your parents and your brother is funding your campaign. You won’t be interviewed by anyone but MAGA because you have no substance or knowledge. You haven’t held a job in 3 years.
Abe Hamadeh @AbrahamHamadeh wrote: I’m fighting Marc Elias, the Maricopa County cabal of corruption, the fake news media, the establishment, and now Blake Masters.

Blake, some of us never stopped fighting for our country after November 2022. America is under attack. We need courageous warriors, not cowards.
Marc E. Elias @marceelias wrote: Hamadeh and his lawyer were recently sanctioned over their latest frivolous legal challenge. https://democracydocket.com/news-alerts ... n-results/
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Left: Trump yesterday saying he supports “many states” having extreme abortion laws

Right: The Arizona Supreme Court just now upholding an 1864 near-total abortion ban, with penalty of prison, written before women could vote. It is now enforceable because Trump ended Roe
https://x.com/GovernorHobbs/status/1777756501974934007
Governor Katie Hobbs @GovernorHobbs wrote: It is a dark day in Arizona. We are just fourteen days away from one of the most extreme abortion bans in the country.

But my message to Arizona women is this: I won't rest, and I won't stop fighting until we have secured the right to abortion.

That is my promise to you.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1777760200126234935
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: AG @krismayes said during a press conference she will not prosecute women who obtain abortions or doctors who perform them under the 1864 law.
The law:
13-3603. Definition; punishment

A person who provides, supplies or administers to a pregnant woman, or procures such woman to take any medicine, drugs or substance, or uses or employs any instrument or other means whatever, with intent thereby to procure the miscarriage of such woman, unless it is necessary to save her life, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than two years nor more than five years.
https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13%2F03603.htm
raison de arizona

https://x.com/LaurieRoberts/status/1777493460175786362
Laurie Roberts @LaurieRoberts wrote: To the surprise of no one, Gov. Katie Hobbs has vetoed a bill that appears to give legal cover to ranchers who shoot migrants crossing their land. Yes, it really has come to that in Arizona. https://azcentral.com/story/opinion/op- ... 254977007/ via @azcentral
The impetus for this bill: A rancher is on trial in AZ for shooting and killing an unarmed migrant crossing their 170-acre ranch. The unarmed migrant was shot in back with the rancher's AK-47 from approximately 300 feet away. Republicans would like to expand the Castle Doctrine in AZ that already allows for shooting someone breaking into your home, to include someone simply setting foot on your land.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

The Arizona Senate is wack man.
The day before AZ Supreme Court decides if a near total abortion ban passed in 1864 goes back into effect, Anti-abortion extremists pray in tongues on Senate floor. Lead by Jan 6er & Fake Elector Sen Anthony Kern
Jeanne Casteen @JeanneCasteen wrote: So this happened today at the #AZLeg. 🫠🫠🫠
#Arizona #AZSenate #AZSupremeCourt
bob

Post by bob »

In addition to being a hypocrite, Schweikert (AZ CD-1) "forgets" the Arizona Legislature (i.e., Arizonans' representatives) did enact this ban; SCOAZ didn't legislate anything.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Isn't it nice his birth mother had a choice?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”