Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Post by raison de arizona »

Jeremy Duda @jeremyduda wrote: In what I imagine is a first for the Arizona legislature, @Sierra4AZ quotes Kill Bill in his effort to, well, kill a bill: "Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, and like a forest it's easy to lose your way, to get lost, to forget where you came in."
VorAbaddon @VorAbaddon wrote: ... Does the AZ Legislature have a 3 drink minimum before they're allowed to speak?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Is this diversion thing a thing? Did Brnovich really get in trouble for his, uh, douchbaggery?

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Brnovich is claiming victory over this, here's an esteemed local lawyer's take though:
Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw wrote: Replying to @Steve_Irvin
First, it means that Brnovich did engage in ethical misconduct. The Bar can't just make a lawyer go into Diversion. They have to determine the lawyer violated the rules, but that he can be rehabilitated in a diversion program. Brno's "victory" dance is shameful and inappropriate.
https://twitter.com/tomryanlaw/status/1 ... Uzhj72u7tA
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:08 am Brnovich is claiming victory over this, here's an esteemed local lawyer's take though:
Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw wrote: Replying to @Steve_Irvin
First, it means that Brnovich did engage in ethical misconduct. The Bar can't just make a lawyer go into Diversion. They have to determine the lawyer violated the rules, but that he can be rehabilitated in a diversion program. Brno's "victory" dance is shameful and inappropriate.
https://twitter.com/tomryanlaw/status/1 ... Uzhj72u7tA
And a demonstration rehabilitation odds aren’t good.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Does that have anything to do with the illegal use of the State Seal in regards to the fake Electors?
raison de arizona

Chilidog wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:41 pm Does that have anything to do with the illegal use of the State Seal in regards to the fake Electors?
I don't believe so, it has to do with the AG not representing the SOS properly. Here is the redacted complaint to the bar: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... dacted.pdf
raison de arizona

Brnovich: Ducey could send troops to the border to defend the state from an ‘invasion’ of cartels, smugglers

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich says Gov. Doug Ducey would be on solid constitutional ground if he invoked war powers and sent the Arizona National Guard to the U.S-Mexico border to stop what he says is an “invasion” of drug cartels and criminal gangs.

In a legal opinion published Monday, Brnovich wrote that the state is being “actually invaded” by drug cartels, gangs and human-smuggling operations. And even though they aren’t an invading foreign power, he said they satisfy the constitutional definition of an invasion and clear the way for Ducey to authorize military action at the border.

“The violence and lawlessness at the border caused by transnational cartels and gangs satisfies the definition of an ‘invasion’ under the U.S. Constitution, and Arizona therefore has the power to defend itself from this invasion under the Governor’s authority as Commander-in-Chief,” Brnovich wrote. “An actual invasion permits the State to engage in defensive actions within its own territory at or near its border.”
:snippity:
Moar nonsense at link: https://www.azmirror.com/2022/02/07/brn ... smugglers/
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Trumplicans still haven't figured out why, for the first time in my lifetime, enlisted military in 2022 voted primarily for the Democratic candidate.

Trump spent four years lying about the condition of the US military, sometimes right in front of a large military audience, just to score extra points from his base. I think he failed to understand why Republicans pander to the military - it's because they are a huge population of voters. Constantly lying to the voters in ways that large portions of those same voters have no choice but to clearly see the lie (i.e. the lie is about THEM and they are in a position to see that lie clearly) is exactly how Trump lost the enlisted military vote in 2022.

Brnovich is stupid to try and convince the very people who already know they have been used in the past for this type of political theater is only going to cause them to turn against Republican candidates as well.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 am
Estiveo wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:51 pm
SuzieC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm How is the AZ superspreader rally going?

Estiveoshot_20220115_190954.jpg
Can we have that car stopped cause an airfreshener is dangling from the inner rear mirror, please :?:
Sure, just get a black guy to drive it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

At least we landed the first ever SatanCon! Woot!
BrieAnna J. Frank Cactus @brieannafrank wrote: "Friday's scheduled activities include Satanic Jeopardy! and an 'Impurity Ball,' an off-site event intended to be a 'display of bodily autonomy, personal growth, and the joys of sinning with abandon.'"

More on @satanic_temple_'s 1st SatanCon:

https://azcentral.com/story/news/local/ ... 727890001/
@azcentral
https://twitter.com/brieannafrank/statu ... zfRs7Gh2bQ
raison de arizona

How do you expect everyone to have gunz if they don't push it in the schools?
A Republican bill passed out of committee yesterday that would mandate that all AZ students grades 6-12 take an NRA-led “gun safety” program. Rep. John Kavanagh threatened he’d forward CPS the names/addresses of parents who try opt their children out of this proposed gun program.
Arizona Mirror @ArizonaMirror wrote: Bill would bring NRA gun safety classes into all Arizona schools, via @JerodMacEvoy https://azmirror.com/blog/bill-would-br ... a-schools/
“‘I can’t think of any parent in their right mind that wouldn’t want this,’ Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills, said. ‘I would forward the name and address of the parent to child protective services if they opted out of this.’”
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Mandates are unAmerican.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
tek

Post by tek »

keith wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:46 pm Mandates are unAmerican.
MY mandates are Patriotic! YOUR mandates are unAmerican!

/ffs
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Now what would be fun is if someone amended the bill so that all children got gun safty training but schools were prohibited from utilizing organizations with political or commercial components, thus banning the NRA.

I think mandatory gun safety SHOULD be part of school, but I would not trust the NRA to teach it.
raison de arizona

Teachers are terrorists. Students are their hostages. Welcome to the floor of the Arizona Senate.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

What's in the water there?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

There is no water. It’s the sand.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ok, that's it!!!!

The two years I gave in service to this country, willing to get my ass shot off for oil. I want it back, with interest, this country doesn't deserve that service anymore...

:mad: :smokeears: :mad2: :fuckyou: :cussing: :kickface:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:36 pm Ok, that's it!!!!

The two years I gave in service to this country, willing to get my ass shot off for oil. I want it back, with interest, this country doesn't deserve that service anymore...

:mad: :smokeears: :mad2: :fuckyou: :cussing: :kickface:
Dude, I gave 'em 9, and lost the ability ever get paid to fly.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:23 pm There is no water. It’s the sand.
:biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:07 pm What's in the water there?
Doc: Can I ask you a question? Do they put something in the water here?

Grif: Water? We ran outta water six months ago.

Doc: No water, then what do you drink?

Grif: Uh, you know, ketchup, uh, soy sauce, gravy, the usual.
raison de arizona

Mark Brnovich @GeneralBrnovich wrote: We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as the time approaches for the arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Let's hope the rule of law wins out today.
Ever consider that you could lose and the rule of law could still win?
tesibria

Post by tesibria »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:53 am ***
Mark Brnovich @GeneralBrnovich wrote: We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as the time approaches for the arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Let's hope the rule of law wins out today.
Ever consider that you could lose and the rule of law could still win?
:cussing: :puke: :cussing: :puke:
raison de arizona

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Rent prices are up 19% in a year here in Ireland.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”