Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

TheNewSaint

Re: Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Post by TheNewSaint »

Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-AZ) said she would shoot her own grandchildren to oppose a gun safety reform bill that would keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them.
I can't even parse the internal logic of this.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wendy Rogers promoting violence against political enemies. You’ll be SO SURPRISED who she has accused of being tyrants. (It's Democrats. Democrats are tyrants. Also, RINOs. And the rest of the Republicans that censured her.)
8CE74025-3AEC-4257-956B-12A534A7658B.jpeg
8CE74025-3AEC-4257-956B-12A534A7658B.jpeg (249.57 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Statement works as well if you replace "tyrants" with ''children".

But if we're gonna go with tyrants, let's list the "tyrants" Americans have killed.

Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy (two of them) and viable attempts on Ford, both Roosevelts and St Ronald of Reagan. This doesn't even count the considerable body count of the CIA.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:58 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/az-pa ... ar-AAZkzs0

Tempe police announced on Thursday that Jennifer Harrison, a leader with the far-right group AZ Patriots, had turned herself into police after they connected her to a pepper spray attack on protesters in Tempe last weekend.

Harrison's self-surrender came shortly after Tempe police tweeted a statement saying they were "actively attempting to locate" her regarding her alleged involvement in the attack.
Charges. So far.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“Jennifer”? Vs. her last name?
raison de arizona

Yeah, that's odd. I guess Tempe PD goes for informal.
raison de arizona

The Notorious JPG 🌵 @jpgftw wrote: Reminder that several members of the #AZLeg are members of the #OathKeepers. Including: @QuangNguyenAZ @AzKellyT @wendyrogersaz and @realmarkfinchem.

Finchem helped plan the event and took part in the riot.
#January6thHearings #RepublicanTreason
Those are just the admitted ones. Anthony Kern is one as well, they missed him on this list. Oh, and Mark Finchem, an Oath Keeper who assisted with 1/6 planning and was also photographed in the ensuing riot? He stands a good chance of becoming our next Secretary of State, with his fingers all over the state's voting apparatus. Es. :eek:
raison de arizona

WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
More like 'Valley of the no-fun': Arizona ranked worst state to live in the country
Poor air quality, a lack of public health resources and other below-par livability factors put the Grand Canyon State at the bottom of CNBC's yearly study.

Arizona's iconic "dry heat" is thought to be one of the strongest draws of people to the Grand Canyon State, but it may actually be one of the state's biggest public health issues.
:snippity:
"That puts more stress on an already poor health care system, short on hospital beds and staff," the study said. "The state spends just $79 per person on public health, among the country’s lowest."

The study gave Arizona an "F" grade in life, health and inclusion. It also gave "D" grades in the area of education, cost of living, and access to capital.

There were no strengths in Arizona that ranked in the top 50% of those measured.

Arizona's stunning natural beauty isn't enough to convince the study's researchers that it isn't the worst state to live in the nation.
https://www.12news.com/article/life/wor ... 3c6489e827
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:23 pm WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
More like 'Valley of the no-fun': Arizona ranked worst state to live in the country
Poor air quality, a lack of public health resources and other below-par livability factors put the Grand Canyon State at the bottom of CNBC's yearly study.

Arizona's iconic "dry heat" is thought to be one of the strongest draws of people to the Grand Canyon State, but it may actually be one of the state's biggest public health issues.
:snippity:
"That puts more stress on an already poor health care system, short on hospital beds and staff," the study said. "The state spends just $79 per person on public health, among the country’s lowest."

The study gave Arizona an "F" grade in life, health and inclusion. It also gave "D" grades in the area of education, cost of living, and access to capital.

There were no strengths in Arizona that ranked in the top 50% of those measured.

Arizona's stunning natural beauty isn't enough to convince the study's researchers that it isn't the worst state to live in the nation.
https://www.12news.com/article/life/wor ... 3c6489e827
If that's the same study I saw yesterday, TX is #49.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I thought typically these lists dump on Mississippi and Louisiana.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

And Arkansas.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Remember Rusty Bower’s testimony before the January 6th Committee? The AZ GOP remembers, and they don’t care that he still pledged to vote for tfg. You’ll further recall they pulled stunts like driving big sign trucks around his house saying he was so pedophile. ‘Cause they are classy like that. Anyway, censured.
“The @AZGOP Executive Committee formally censured Rusty Bowers tonight— he is no longer a Republican in good standing & we call on Republicans to replace him at the ballot box in the August primary,” Ward tweeted.
Kelli Ward and company go full-on pathetic as the Arizona GOP censures Rusty Bowers
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I did not have “root for Rusty Bowers” on my AZ Primary Bingo card.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 pm I did not have “root for Rusty Bowers” on my AZ Primary Bingo card.
Still don't.

Collateral damage.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:34 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 pm I did not have “root for Rusty Bowers” on my AZ Primary Bingo card.
Still don't.

Collateral damage.
I mean, you can't even call it 'friendly fire', with these people. More like their IFF is getting fed garbage.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:34 pm
Still don't.

Collateral damage.
As much as I hates me some Mormon "my constitutional oath is a covenant with god" bullshit, his Mormon doubly tfg endorsed "neither my church nor the law is going to tell me what to do" opponent would be way, way worse. Bowers, House Speaker, and Toma, Majority Leader and my rep (who incidentally brought home the bacon to our district, but I digress,) single handily blocked bills that would have gutted voting in AZ in many ways, and also blocked a celebratory end-zone dance for Roe v. Wade overturning. Also, Bowers voted for teh gays and trans repeatedly, and when called on it, gave everyone the finger and said his Church and God commanded he do so.

So anyway, what I am saying is that it could get worse here and probably will without Bowers.
raison de arizona

He was so proud of this teaching moment with his son, he posted it himself.
raison de arizona

Slavery. We call this slavery.
raison de arizona

Mixed bag here. Normally, I'm for protecting the children, but I believe the ones in the Senate should be thrown to the wolves!

Wendy Rogers @WendyRogersAZ wrote: Time to ban China from Arizona. They are encroaching too much!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The right is having a freakout about Chinese investors buying land and such in the US.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

I wasn’t exactly Nostradamus in predicting this would turn ugly. Reagan Commandment gloves are off.
Senator Kelly Townsend 🇺🇸 @AZKellyT wrote: I would like @WendyRogersAZ to justify this expense she has paid to her nephew, Spence Roger’s with Go Right Strategies. What exactly is she spending over $1 million on? What exactly is this consulting you are receiving?

While nearly all of the country suffers financially, many gave what little they had to Wendy Rogers hoping for a solution to the country’s problems. Instead, she gave over a million of it to her nephew, Spence Rogers, for “consulting” from his company, Go Right Strategies.
raison de arizona

Hopefully everyone will be as thrilled as I was to learn that former sheriff Joe Arpaio has been narrowly defeated as candidate for Fountain Hills mayor, with 100% reporting.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:48 am Hopefully everyone will be as thrilled as I was to learn that former sheriff Joe Arpaio has been narrowly defeated as candidate for Fountain Hills mayor, with 100% reporting.
I am very happy for you!
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:48 am Hopefully everyone will be as thrilled as I was to learn that former sheriff Joe Arpaio has been narrowly defeated as candidate for Fountain Hills mayor, with 100% reporting.
Fourth straight electoral loss for Arpaio, who is now 90.

Can't wait to see what 2024 has in store for Arpaio! (NADT.)
Image ImageImage

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”