Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow, what a great deal.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

► Show Spoiler
Rep. Athena Salman
@AthenaSalman
🚨On Tuesday, I wrote to Speaker Bowers to request the same accommodations to work remotely from home that we had in 2021. Session starts Monday, a 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 my baby’s due date. The Speaker ignored my request & then eliminated remote work amidst a huge #COVID surge 1/4

I’ve heard multiple GOP legislators currently have #COVID. It’s beyond stressful to be at the end of my pregnancy & forced to choose between being exposed right before giving birth, or missing the first week entirely to protect the health of myself and newborn 2/4

What I’m asking for isn’t anything new. Had I given birth last year, health protocols the Speaker adopted would have guaranteed protection for me & my baby. But GOP leadership—comprised of only men—have decided to play political games with the life of me & my future child 3/4

I feel like a lot of new mothers in the workplace. 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙙. 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙. 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙.

#COVID is the leading cause of death & we rank second for pediatric deaths. To be denied the ability to work remotely from home in this environment is cruel 4/4
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Well here's something that you don't see every day...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:40 pm Well here's something that you don't see every day...
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status ... 0233427969
"... but I know you won't do it because you are a little bitch." :lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What's a million dollar debate? Did my high school debate coach hide something from me?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Somebody's going to get excommunicated from the Church of the Former Guy. :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:40 pm Well here's something that you don't see every day...
https:// twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1478791350233427969
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes
The MAGAs are revolting!

Video: Former Arizona Republican US Senate candidate challenges Trump to a $1M debate, calls Trump “a little bitch,” and then uses a flamethrower to torch his own MAGA hat.
I guess on par with those folks - they don't have the books to make a good fire :twisted:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

https:// twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1478791350233427969
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes
The MAGAs are revolting!
Well duh.. PatriotTakes states the obvious.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Patriot Party of Arizona
@PatriotPartyAZ
·
10h
What she doesn't realize is, is she's making a great argument for why women shouldn't be in "elected" office, or in positions of leadership.

Traditionally, women would stay home, have kids, take care of the home, & raise the family.

It's a full time job!

#UnintendedConsequence
Stone Age Patriot Party.
raison de arizona

:brickwallsmall:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Statement includes testing for lies by proponents of fraudits :biggrin:
raison de arizona

Maybe we need that wall after all. 70-90% of guns used for crime in Mexico come from... the U.S. These guns are responsible for over 17k deaths in Mexico per year and a 1.5% hit to GDP. And allow the drug flow into the U.S. to continue. The easiest way to "get tough on drugs coming across the border" would be to reduce the number of arms going from the U.S. to Mexico.

raison de arizona

Who is in charge of prosecuting this, and why aren't they doing so? Is it that nunchuck wielding fool Brnovich, or someone at the DOJ? Let's see some charges here, it shouldn't be normalized as A-OK to submit fraudulent slates of electors.
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. So the wack-a-doodle Republicans in AZ decided to send not one but two fraudulent certificate of electors documents to Congress. Thanks @maddow for your reporting. I’m embarrassed this is my home state.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:25 pm Who is in charge of prosecuting this, and why aren't they doing so? Is it that nunchuck wielding fool Brnovich, or someone at the DOJ? Let's see some charges here, it shouldn't be normalized as A-OK to submit fraudulent slates of electors.
TL;DR: Sounds like the state decided glorified paperthrowing wasn't a crime.

I don't see why either/both could prosecute (legally; politically is always different).

My WAG is the issue is the "fraud" part. From Rolling Stone:
The Arizona group that sent the forgery, called “AZ Protect the Vote,” is a sovereign citizen group. Because their letter included the state seal, the state sought legal action, referring the case to the attorney general and writing a cease and desist letter instructing the group to stop using the insignia. Lori Osiecki, who leads the group, told the Arizona Republic in Dec. 2020 that a meeting with Rudy Giuliani helped convince her to send the forgery.
So use of the state seal triggered the state's nastygram. But reading between the lines, it sounds like it was decided (perhaps for legal reasons, perhaps for political ones) that use of the seal wasn't enough to be a crime. (First Amendment, and all that, likely being the figleaf.)

What this article doesn't say is that anyone forged the SoSoAZ's signature. If I send an official-looking document, but sign it "We The People," no one ("reasonable") believes I'm representing the state or acting on behalf of a state official.

Recall Terry Trussell in Florida. He was the real grand jury foreperson who convened a fake grand jury and then filed the fake grand jury's fake inditement with the real court clerk. His crime wasn't LARPing with a fake grand jury; his crime was when he conveyed to the clerk (through words and deeds) that the fake inditement he sought to file was a duly rendered real grand jury real indictment.

Akin to counterfeiting and Obama's birth certificate :towel: , the crime is trying to pass off the fake as the real.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Interesting, thanks for the skinny bob!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Akin to counterfeiting and Obama's birth certificate :towel: , the crime is trying to pass off the fake as the real.
UTTERING!

I so much want to see someone go down for uttering.
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
raison de arizona

So our loser governor former ice cream CEO Ducey has been taking federal Covid money and using it to support schools only that pledge to not have any Covid mitigation effort or remote schooling. In addition, he's doling out $7k of it to each family that has a child in a school that does resort to remote instruction, for the purpose of enrolling them in a private school. The Feds are Not Pleased.
Treasury Department escalates threat to strip Arizona of COVID-19 relief help over Ducey's school programs

Federal officials are escalating their threat to withhold federal stimulus dollars from Arizona over Gov. Doug Ducey's refusal to make changes to two programs that provide funding to schools that do not implement recommended public health protocols.

In a Friday letter to Ducey's office, a U.S. Treasury official again warned that the two initiatives the governor unveiled in August appeared to prevent COVID-19 mitigation protocols, and more forcefully warned of the consequences of continuing the programs as-is.

Ducey must direct the funding to eligible uses or make changes to the two education program within 60 days, or Treasury may begin to recoup funding, the letter states.

"Treasury may also withhold funds from the state of Arizona’s second tranche installment of (American Rescue Plan) funds until Treasury receives information that confirms that the issues described above have been adequately addressed," the letter from Deputy Chief Compliance Officer Kathleen Victorino reads. Arizona and other states are slated to get their second share of American Rescue Plan funds this spring, with more than $2 billion on the way to the Grand Canyon State.

Ducey's two programs, the educational recovery benefit and education plus-up grant program, provided funding to families and schools that did not implement COVID-19 related mandates. The governor earmarked $163 million for both programs.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 526964001/
raison de arizona

Rogers calls for a door-to-door canvass and audit of all 50 states
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This thread now documents the utter brokenness of the country. Madness.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

How is the AZ superspreader rally going?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How can these people continue to listen to that droning whine?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm How is the AZ superspreader rally going?
Estiveoshot_20220115_190954.jpg
Image Image Image Image
tek

Post by tek »

Dangerously close to a derp singularity there..
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:51 pm
SuzieC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm How is the AZ superspreader rally going?

Estiveoshot_20220115_190954.jpg
Can we have that car stopped cause an airfreshener is dangling from the inner rear mirror, please :?:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

But it's not a cult.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”