Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:18 pm
NYT wrote: Republicans sue Maricopa County to keep polling station open

By Patrick Marley

PHOENIX, Ariz. — Republicans sued Maricopa County election officials Tuesday afternoon to keep polling places open for an additional three hours.

The Republican National Committee and candidates at the top of the ticket asked a judge to require Arizona’s largest county to extend voting times until 10 p.m. local time and to allow anyone standing in line by 10 p.m. to receive and cast a ballot.
:snippity:
The county says 7pm stands unless they receive a court order stating otherwise. RNC is also trying to get results reporting enjoined until 10pm.
Have the Republicans kicked themselves in the dick by demonizing mail-in ballots and early voting?

*wipes a tear from her eye*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

jemcanada2 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:27 pm Have the Republicans kicked themselves in the dick by demonizing mail-in ballots and early voting?

*wipes a tear from her eye*
I certainly hope so. Apparently some tabulating machines are having issues. Which wouldn’t be a problem if one had already voted and sent it in. As mitigation, they are taking ballots into lock boxes to be taken downtown to be tabulated. You can guess how much Republicans are going along with that plan, and instead demanding that their ballots be tabulated on prem “so the Democrats don’t change them.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Maricopa County is fact checking and debunking in real time.
Maricopa County @maricopacounty wrote: No part of the tweet below is accurate. The vast majority of Vote Centers are seeing wait times under 30 minutes, and whether by tabulator or secure ballot box, all voters are being served.
Find locations and estimated wait times at http://Locations.Maricopa.Vote
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Also important to remember is that Maricopa County is run by Republicans, 4 of 5 are Rs. They’re just not crazy ones.
raison de arizona

Dennied, 7pm closing stands.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Wonder if people using the wrong kind of pen is causing all the problems with the tabulators. :tinfoil:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:46 pm Also important to remember is that Maricopa County is run by Republicans, 4 of 5 are Rs. They’re just not crazy ones.
That's a matter of degree.

True they didn't buy into the fraudit, but its also true that they have been steadily reducing polling places in Democratic 'strongholds' across several election cycles.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

keith wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:46 pm Also important to remember is that Maricopa County is run by Republicans, 4 of 5 are Rs. They’re just not crazy ones.
That's a matter of degree.

True they didn't buy into the fraudit, but its also true that they have been steadily reducing polling places in Democratic 'strongholds' across several election cycles.
Well, yeah. Regular Republican stuff.
keith

Post by keith »

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

So the Arizona republicans convinced their voters to vote in person today. Then they convinced them to use their own pens which gronked the voting machines. And they don’t get to extend the voting period just because they’ve kicked themselves in the dick repeatedly. They sure owned the libs!

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: But also :lol: :lol:
raison de arizona

Central elections site heavily patrolled on horseback.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

jemcanada2 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:27 pm So the Arizona republicans convinced their voters to vote in person today. Then they convinced them to use their own pens which gronked the voting machines. And they don’t get to extend the voting period just because they’ve kicked themselves in the dick repeatedly. They sure owned the libs!

They gave me a pen clipped to my ballot and then handed me 4 or 5 more and said "take some more, we have plenty." I stuck one in my purse and left the others in the pile of a dozen or so that were already on the table. No need to bring our own.
(I voted after I got my hair cut!!! I had to keep telling him to cut it shorter because he only wanted to trim it. Even the other stylist chimed in about people with curly hair not realizing how short it was going to look. I assured her that was what I wanted. I'm finally happy with it.)
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:27 pm So the Arizona republicans convinced their voters to vote in person today. Then they convinced them to use their own pens which gronked the voting machines. And they don’t get to extend the voting period just because they’ve kicked themselves in the dick repeatedly. They sure owned the libs!

They gave me a pen clipped to my ballot and then handed me 4 or 5 more and said "take some more, we have plenty." I stuck one in my purse and left the others in the pile of a dozen or so that were already on the table. No need to bring our own.
(I voted after I got my hair cut!!! I had to keep telling him to cut it shorter because he only wanted to trim it. Even the other stylist chimed in about people with curly hair not realizing how short it was going to look. I assured her that was what I wanted. I'm finally happy with it.)
Yay! For finally get the cut you’re happy with! :lovestruck:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 pm I had to keep telling him to cut it shorter because he only wanted to trim it. Even the other stylist chimed in about people with curly hair not realizing how short it was going to look. I assured her that was what I wanted. I'm finally happy with it.)
:thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:18 pm
NYT wrote: Republicans sue Maricopa County to keep polling station open

By Patrick Marley

PHOENIX, Ariz. — Republicans sued Maricopa County election officials Tuesday afternoon to keep polling places open for an additional three hours.

The Republican National Committee and candidates at the top of the ticket asked a judge to require Arizona’s largest county to extend voting times until 10 p.m. local time and to allow anyone standing in line by 10 p.m. to receive and cast a ballot.
:snippity:
The county says 7pm stands unless they receive a court order stating otherwise. RNC is also trying to get results reporting enjoined until 10pm.
The glaring hypocrisy amazes me, though; if these were people of, say, a darker hue waiting to vote in, say, Georgia or Florida, you can bet your ass the Republicans would be all 'nope, 7pm'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:50 am The glaring hypocrisy amazes me, though; if these were people of, say, a darker hue waiting to vote in, say, Georgia or Florida, you can bet your ass the Republicans would be all 'nope, 7pm'.
Huh. Obvious troll is obvious.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hooray for sugar's haircut! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Where we stand this morning:
Kelly will hold. Fontes will hold. Not sure about Hobbs and Mayes, but optimistic. Tom Horne is a nasty POS so that one is unfortunate.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

they’ve kicked themselves in the dick
Trying to picture this. Is it something like Irish dancing?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:53 pm
they’ve kicked themselves in the dick
Trying to picture this. Is it something like Irish dancing?
I duno, but it's more fun to watch than Midget WWE Wrestling! :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Any update?
raison de arizona

SuzieC wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:29 pmAny update?
Basically the same as the graphic above. They've only counted a few, the real numbers will start rolling in later tonight. As of now there are close to half a million ballots waiting to be counted.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Thanks.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/stat ... 5048061952
@AbrahamHamadeh is now ahead of @krismayes by 3,081 votes
Attorney General. That's bad news. Abe campaigned on lock 'em up (2020 election workers) with yards sign that literally had handcuffs on them.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”