Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Talk about pulling a Brno.

It's definitely going to backfire on Harris and Rogers.

Boo hoo. :popcorn:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Won't someone please think of the nunchuck manufacturers, tho?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m old enough to remember a time when neither side would have dared to put this nutjob and her nutjob claims in front of an august body like a legislature.

I guess Arizona’s is not august anymore. More like july.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:00 pm I’m old enough to remember a time when neither side would have dared to put this nutjob and her nutjob claims in front of an august body like a legislature.

I guess Arizona’s is not august anymore. More like july.
Pfft, more like April fools.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rimshot:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Apparently sanctions have been ordered in the Finchem case. I don't have a link to the full ruling yet, but here is an excerpt:
Edit: I'm sure it didn't help that his lawyer openly said he wasn't woried about losing his license because he was nearing retirement anyway :lol:
Full ruling: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ge-lawsuit
Finchem has to pay attorney fees for Fontes and Hobbs, it sounds like.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The 31R/29D House in AZ voted that any bill must have 16 R signatures to be brought to the floor.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Why not just make it unlawful to be other than Republican?... just so everyone knows what is what.
raison de arizona

David Caltabiano @DavidCaltabiano wrote: CAUGHT ON VIDEO: AZ Dem lawmaker/ordained minister busted swiping Bibles from House's members-only lounge. She calls it a ' little playful commentary' for separation of church and state, Republican leadership are not laughing. #azfamily
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Beware of new AZ driver license combined with RealID

raison de arizona

More Arizonans coming forward to report problems with new IDs

Judy and Steve Pear love to travel, but their last trip didn’t get off to a great start. A few weeks ago, the Glendale couple was flying through Chicago when a TSA agent stopped them at the airport.

Judy’s new Arizona ID card was not accepted. “It had all the markings of an Arizona driver’s license,” said Judy. “It had a travel star on it, but it wasn’t recognized in the system with the TSA.

The story is similar to the one of Markus Davenport. His new Arizona ID was rejected at the airport in Charlotte recently, and he couldn’t rent a car with his new ID either.

Amy Miller of Phoenix said she was driving off a rental car lot in San Antonio last week when she was told her new Arizona driver’s license was not working. “He proceeded to say that we don’t know how to handle the new Arizona license, therefore, we can’t rent to you,” said Miller. “He said you’ll need to leave the car immediately.”
:snippity:
https://www.azfamily.com/2023/05/02/mor ... h-new-ids/
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Arizona dramarama! Keep us posted, raison! There seems to be a Republican theme of not living in the district one allegedly represents. I call that "voter fraud".
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

In Ohio, and I think several states, our Federal Representatives do not need to live in the district they represent. They need only be Ohio residents.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Wendy Rogers is a State Senator, and is supposed to live in the district she represents. Unfortunately, the only punishment she can receive would have to come from the... AZ State Senate, which currently has a one seat Republican majority. Chances are slim to none that anything will happen to her, and Slim just left the building.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m right here! :wave:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh, whew! :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:

You still crack me up at least once daily, slim. :thumbsup:

Let’s hope that’s enough to get Rogers in trouble. Proving that she’s been lying may get at least some voters to back off of their support.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:05 pm :lol:

You still crack me up at least once daily, slim. :thumbsup:

…..
☺️

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Arizona official targeted by election deniers now struggles with PTSD
First came the misinformation. Then the relentless criticism and violent threats. Under attack, the county official struggled to cope with his anger.

Anger and resentment welled inside the local leader as he surveyed the mourners at his friend’s funeral reception last year.

Bill Gates, 51, a lifelong Republican elected to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, stood with his wife and a friend and ticked off the names of those gathered around them who had betrayed him, their party and their country.

Gates stewed that they had done nothing as he and other leaders in Arizona’s most populous county faced relentless criticism, violent threats and online harassment for upholding the results of the 2020 presidential election. They helped spread baseless conspiracies about the voting process that turned him and his colleagues into targets. They stood by as his family lived in fear and briefly fled their home.

Because of their actions and inactions, Gates said, his integrity had been questioned. He was labeled a traitor who should be shot or hung. One person wrote on social media that his daughters should be raped. He worried his own parents, avid Fox News viewers, might believe the lies about him.

At the reception, Gates began wildly waving his arms as he ranted. He was out of control and on the verge of disrupting the solemn gathering. His friend walked away. His wife, Pam, grabbed his arm tightly and shook him.

“What the hell are you doing?” she asked. “You’ve got to stop this. Stop it!”

The intensity of the past two years had delivered Bill Gates to the brink. His usual cheerfulness and folksy humor were gone, and he had grown sullen and lonely as he detached from those closest to him. He wasn’t sleeping and had lost his appetite. He was always preparing for the next fight, and his ever-simmering anger would increasingly explode into view during public meetings, interviews with journalists and social gatherings.

A therapist would soon tell him he was experiencing classic signs of post-traumatic stress disorder, a condition typically associated with wartime veterans and violent assaults.

:snippity:
Long but good WaPo article, gift link: https://wapo.st/3nAs2ah
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The collateral damage done by the MAGA hate machine is staggering. I'm thinking of the medical community in the pandemic, gun violence, and demonization of educators as well as election workers.

This is the rot taking place around the fascist take-over; this is what our MSM media should be covering instead of the fucking latest polls.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Damn skippy.

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:43 pm The collateral damage done by the MAGA hate machine is staggering. I'm thinking of the medical community in the pandemic, gun violence, and demonization of educators as well as election workers.

This is the rot taking place around the fascist take-over; this is what our MSM media should be covering instead of the fucking latest polls.
I was reading this in my own voice. Just yesterday I was explaining to my mother the same thing, the cost of Donald Trump. Not just the obvious things that we all see every day, but in all the nooks and crannies of our society where the MAGA influence has destroyed norms which cost real money as well as damage to the fabric of society. Collateral damage, absolutely.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

:thumbsup:
https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/ ... 3989413889
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: UPDATE Pending election-related charges w @StateBarofAZ:
⚪️Fmr AG Mark Brnovich: 3. Some earlier charges consolidated for investigation
⚪️Fmr Asst AG Jen Wright: 1
⚪️Lake atty Kurt Olsen: 1
▶️All charges being investigated. Next step would be formal complaint. Info not public.
raison de arizona

Embattled Senator Wendy Rogers gets her injunction against a reporter approaching her thrown out. Because it was stupid. Also, it's come out that while she was living (illegally) in the Tempe, she was collecting a per diem for commuting to Flagstaff.
https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/ ... 70272?s=20
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: BREAKING Flagstaff judge throws out Sen. Wendy Rogers' injunction against reporter @CamrynSanchez. "Investigative reporting is a legitimate purpose," judge says.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”