Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Georgia Senate Race

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: 2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:12 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:08 pm Question from an outsider:

Why would voters elect celebrities without any political knowledge and clout, when one of the important tasks is "to bring the pork back home" ?

When the candidate knows nothing it would upon the staffers in D.C. But how would a clown now how to chose qualified staff that would need to dictate his every step.
Explain the 2016 election of tfg, speaking of celebrity clowns.
BUT... But... but... #45 had only representational duties, nothing like bringing pork back home, if one ignores all the tariffs on foreign goods that the foreign firms will pay (thru their importers and rollover onto the consumers).
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

In the normal scheme of things, it is the incumbent who has the most to lose in a debate.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:08 pm Question from an outsider:

Why would voters elect celebrities without any political knowledge and clout, when one of the important tasks is "to bring the pork back home" ?

When the candidate knows nothing it would upon the staffers in D.C. But how would a clown now how to chose qualified staff that would need to dictate his every step.
All they have to do is follow whatever Fox News tells them to do. That's pretty much what Trump did.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Washington is a fetid swamp, run by pinko DemoCommunists who are trying to destroy the US of A, rth. Bringing home the bacon is no longer a thing to the MAGA crowd. Everything that comes out of DC is tainted and can’t be made clean again. No “pork” for them; they’re purists who will let their respective states start producing the bacon, even though they’re terrible at it. “We don’t need no stinking back up plan. We won’t fail.”

Now I have a headache.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:33 am Washington is a fetid swamp, run by pinko DemoCommunists who are trying to destroy the US of A, rth. Bringing home the bacon is no longer a thing to the MAGA crowd. Everything that comes out of DC is tainted and can’t be made clean again. No “pork” for them; they’re purists who will let their respective states start producing the bacon, even though they’re terrible at it. “We don’t need no stinking back up plan. We won’t fail.”

Now I have a headache.
:yeahthat:

It's less about ensuring their state gets the bacon than it is ensuring NO state gets the bacon. They're willing to suffer, as long as they can inflict suffering on their "enemies."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I'd say Herschel needs The Flying Spaghetti Monster :twisted:
raison de arizona

It was Elie Mystal, and while it was an n-word, it probably isn't the n-word you are thinking of. fwiw.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

The Hill: Walker says he will debate Warnock in high-stakes Georgia Senate race:
Republican candidate Herschel Walker on Tuesday said he accepted a debate with Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) in October as the two battle it out for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia.

Walker, a former NFL player, told Fox News host Sean Hannity on his show Tuesday night that he would debate Warnock on Oct. 14 in Savannah, Ga. His campaign confirmed to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the debate would be hosted by Nexstar-owned WSAV.

Warnock has repeatedly pressured Walker to debate him and accepted at least three invitations for a debate, including the one in Savannah hosted by WTOC.
So essentially Warnock agreed to three and Walker agreed to one.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

I’m surprised Walker agreed to even one, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he weasel out of it. But if he doesn’t, :thumbsup: I’m here for it!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope Warnock gets two town halls in addition to the debate.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Elie Mystal has proven to me that the Right side has knocked nuance down and dragged her off into the woods. Or may be they do realize that Elie is mocking them when he calls Herschel their Negro.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'm setting the over-under on Walker getting Covid at October 11.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

i need to know if he is anti-vaxer to place my bet :twisted:
raison de arizona

I’m not sure her ever discussed his vaccination status, but he did invent an EPA & FDA approved dry mist that kills Covid on contact, so :thumbsup:
https://www.georgiademocrat.org/what-th ... ly-panned/
raison de arizona

Apparently Walker's cunning plan is to just lie about teh debates. I'm so surprised, he has been so truthful up to now.
The Republican Accountability Project @AccountableGOP wrote: Herschel Walker, who has avoided previous debates, is now saying that it is Warnock who is “scared” to debate him.
raison de arizona

It’s unfathomable that it is this close. And this poll must just be wack.
E59E100F-A747-40CE-8AE7-83D19935DE75.png
E59E100F-A747-40CE-8AE7-83D19935DE75.png (471.16 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Dude has clearly lost touch with reality. What a shit show.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

In all honesty, is he any worse than Empty Gee or Louie Gohmert or Cawthorn or Boebert or Gosar or Jordan or any of those?

He's dumb, and people will mock him every day for 6 years if he wins. He won't get anything accomplished, except to make stupid headlines. He will never understand any part of the job of United States senator, so he will have no real power. He can go on F&F every so often, until his worth expires, and then he'll be treated as a joke for the rest of his life.

He's there because 1) football, and 2) Trump. If that's enough to get you in the US Senate, I am disappoint. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Too, also:

3) Racism. He's everything the white nationalists love about African Americans: stupid, uneducated, a liar, and violent. The love him for that. They will use his presence in the most cynical of ways to say, "hey, WE'RE not racist--look at our African American" while inwardly laughing at him and despising him. They will use him.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:21 pm :snippity:

He's there because 1) football, and 2) Trump. If that's enough to get you in the US Senate, I am disappoint. :(
Welcome to Georgia sucka.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's no worse than MTG but he could cost us the Senate.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:24 pm :yeahthat:

Too, also:

3) Racism. He's everything the white nationalists love about African Americans: stupid, uneducated, a liar, and violent. The love him for that. They will use his presence in the most cynical of ways to say, "hey, WE'RE not racist--look at our African American" while inwardly laughing at him and despising him. They will use are using him.
FIFY you got your tense wrong, sorry
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “U.S. Senate”