Re: 2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by tek »

what_are_you_talking_about.jpg
what_are_you_talking_about.jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 953 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Walker's attacks on Warnock are disgusting.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Herschel continued his bus tour today: “I’m not a politician .. I’m a warrior for God. And God told me, ‘Thou shall not kill.’ Remember, my guy I’m running against say a woman can kill her baby.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Compare. Contrast.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

I just...can't. :brickwallsmall:
InteractivePolls @IAPolls2022 wrote: GEORGIA SENATE POLLING

Insider Advantage:
(R) Herschel Walker 47% (+3)
(D) Raphael Warnock 44%

Emerson College:
(R) Herschel Walker 46% (+2)
(D) Raphael Warnock 44%

Trafalgar Group:
(R) Herschel Walker 48% (+1)
(D) Raphael Warnock 47%

Conducted: 08/24-09/06
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:59 pm Who looks at that guy and says, that's who I want running this country. That's who I want to represent me in the Senate. :crazy:
The fact is that all that some ungodly large proportion of the people he's talking to need to hear is "woke" (he's against that" and "readin' and writin'" (he's for that, and only that). They don't need the details; they can fill those in themselves. All they need to know is that he's against the evil people they've been told to hate. They won't hear the absence of logic, details, and facts; they'll think you're crazy that you think he's incompetent.

That's how communication works when you come in with confirmation bias. This is how all fucking politicians get elected.
This is the first thing he's said that doesn't sound like gibberish. I got it. Kids should be learning the 3 Rs or whatever, but instead they're learning to be "woke," which is gay or whatever. ("Woke" means to to be empathetic and kind to all, but hey.) With "woke' thrown in, he's made a point. Whether he knows what the point is is questionable.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've never heard of any of those pollsters. Are they reliable?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:42 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:59 pm Who looks at that guy and says, that's who I want running this country. That's who I want to represent me in the Senate. :crazy:
The fact is that all that some ungodly large proportion of the people he's talking to need to hear is "woke" (he's against that" and "readin' and writin'" (he's for that, and only that). They don't need the details; they can fill those in themselves. All they need to know is that he's against the evil people they've been told to hate. They won't hear the absence of logic, details, and facts; they'll think you're crazy that you think he's incompetent.

That's how communication works when you come in with confirmation bias. This is how all fucking politicians get elected.
This is the first thing he's said that doesn't sound like gibberish. I got it. Kids should be learning the 3 Rs or whatever, but instead they're learning to be "woke," which is gay or whatever. ("Woke" means to to be empathetic and kind to all, but hey.) With "woke' thrown in, he's made a point. Whether he knows what the point is is questionable.
The key words and vague references to R talking points are in all his otherwise incoherent speeches. As such he does his job and gets the point across. Cf, the clean air goes to China = why should we bother about climate change when the rest of the world doesn't? There's always a point that he's trying to get across; he's just constitutionally unable to do so with either complete sentences or actual argument.

Okay, the "bending the bike" was just sad--though even there you can unravel the syntax and the homophones to discover that what he's saying is that he's not gonna kowtow to anyone.
raison de arizona

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote:On his bus tour, Herschel Walker told a story of how a man was tricked by Satan into going to hell so that he could then compare Warnock, who is a pastor, to the devil.
raison de arizona

Because the founding fathers looked at Black men as equals. :roll:
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Herschel: “Warnock, I remember hearing him say, ‘America need to apologize for it whiteness.’ That’s not in a Bible I ever read. Our Founding Fathers already apologized for its whiteness. Because if you read the Constitution, it talks about every man being treated fair.”
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Yes, everyone agrees the Founding Fathers apologized for the country's whiteness. I learned about that in school.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
June bug

Post by June bug »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:37 pm Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Yes, everyone agrees the Founding Fathers apologized for the country's whiteness. I learned about that in school.
In the same class where you learned no one can be a natural born citizen if both their parents weren’t citizens before they were born?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:28 pm Because the founding fathers looked at Black men as equals. :roll:
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 4062117891
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Herschel: “Warnock, I remember hearing him say, ‘America need to apologize for it whiteness.’ That’s not in a Bible I ever read. Our Founding Fathers already apologized for its whiteness. Because if you read the Constitution, it talks about every man being treated fair.
Like blacks counting three-fifths - it's in the constitution (originalists claim) :twisted:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Someone on Twitter is claiming Walker says he was knighted by Burger King. :lol:

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:25 pm Someone on Twitter is claiming Walker says he was knighted by Burger King. :lol:

He's the king of all burgers
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

70% of all drugs coming into the US go through Georgia.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Who the hell is feeding him this shit?

And does he even remotely realize it's shit and they are purposely making him look like a House N....r and taking him for a ride?

Doesn't he have and black friends with enough clarity to knock some sense into him?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

keith wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:24 am Who the hell is feeding him this shit?

And does he even remotely realize it's shit and they are purposely making him look like a House N....r and taking him for a ride?

Doesn't he have and black friends with enough clarity to knock some sense into him?
He has some very expensive consultants who fretted for a while about what to do with him. Seems like now they are just giving him trigger words and he just inserts them into the stuff he would usually say
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion, but I think they like the word salad. It mimics their orange messiah and triggers the libs. Maybe they think he's speaking in tongues?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:49 am Just my arrogant opinion, but I think they like the word salad. It mimics their orange messiah and triggers the libs. Maybe they think he's speaking in tongues?
No, he speaks in a disjointed way that appeals to people who have never picked up the skill of listening. They hear buzzwords and think he is talking great, as all they can pick out of speeches are random words anyway.

I'm not sure he deliberately settled on this but he did a lot of speaking engagements before this while he was in his "Maybe I will run for President?" phase, which lasted decades, and he learned to talk in a way that works with his audience.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

One can only assume the thousands of women around the country who "finished" her run are talking about it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Hay nao, that's no fair, making him debate a smart Earthling!

:idea: IDEA

Maybe make Warnock drink a pint of whiskey before they start.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “U.S. Senate”