2022 Georgia Senate Race

Kendra

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦
@RonFilipkowski
I think Trump ought to involve himself in the GA runoff just like he did in 2020 with Loeffler & Perdue. He can rally & tell everyone how bad America is, run through his list of grievances, trash DOJ & McConnell, praise a few dictators, talk about J6 being patriotic. Should work.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

I added the runoff to the Fogbow Calendar, December 6.

Sad, really. Now someone has to explain to Herschel that he doesn't get to stop being America's dumbest political joke yet. I bet on Pearl Harbor Day Trump blames Melanie again. She has to stop making him pick losers! :mad:

'Course, now that there's only one election that day, there will be a huge national focus on that one race, especially if it means control of the Senate.

And the whole world will be waiting to see if the voters of Georgia will send a literal moron to serve in the United States Senate for six long years.

I think the national focus favors Warnock, but it's Georgia, I know nothing about it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

Someone tell him he’s won, give him a badge that says “Senate,” and send him home please.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:31 pm Someone tell him he’s won, give him a badge that says “Senile,” and send him home please.
FIFY
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Well yeah you run for office people going to look into your past. And Runoff is what he does with his kids.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by bob »

"For completeness": Time: Georgia’s Runoff Elections Have a Racist History:
The Georgia Senate race has led to a runoff—set to take place Dec. 6— between Democratic incumbent Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker, but historically runoffs in the state were created to suppress the Black vote.

Georgia is one of only two states, along with Louisiana, that requires a runoff in all general elections if no candidate achieves at least 50% of the vote; and experts say Georgia’s history shows how an electoral system that demands the majority’s support can be manipulated to exclude the minority vote.

Georgia’s runoff system began in 1963 when state representative Denmark Groover—an avid segregationist—proposed adding a second round of voting to ensure that at least half of all constituents backed a candidate.

Groover’s proposal came a few years after he lost his previous election bid in 1958, which he blamed on “Negro bloc voting,” or that theoretically, if Black voters put up a united front and voted consistently, it would further their political interests. Groover thought that a runoff would decrease the likelihood of an African-American being elected because it would rally white voters around a white candidate.

Before this practice was put into place, the state used the county unit system, which allocated a set number of votes per county, similar to the U.S. electoral college. The Supreme Court struck the county unit system down, creating the opportunity to use a different system.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

He is counting down the seconds until he can get out of this rehearsal back to rage posting about Mitch.
Herschel says only he can save America: “If I do not win this seat, we may not recognize America. Because they seem not to like America. I can tell you right now, if I don’t win that seat, no American will ever have that American Dream again.”
Kendra

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

Junior is tossing Walker under the bus, how long before Cruz and Lindsay do the same now that he's a nothing burger when it comes to Senate majority?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

It decides whether there is a Manchin proof majority, they have reason to block that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:55 pm Junior is tossing Walker under the bus, how long before Cruz and Lindsay do the same now that he's a nothing burger when it comes to Senate majority?
Mind you, he's okay with someone who can't put together coherent sentences being *President*, as long as he has the right surname.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

It's like watching a car wreck in slo-mo.

It's like Kari Lake. I mean, you want the right guy to win, of course. But it really would be entertaining to have a total moron for six years in the United States Senate.

His speeches would be comedy gold. Reporters could ask all sorts of fun questions. He would show again and again that he had no idea what any of the bills in the Senate were all about. And think how many more kids he'd get to father!

But sadly, no. After a lot of thought, I've decided that putting a moron in the US Senate might be a bad idea.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

With the senate going to the democats I have a feeling all of Walker's chaperones are going to abandon him. This only mattered when it was about control of the senate. I don't see opportunists like Cruz sticking around.
bob

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by bob »

Contra: A Senate seat is for six years.

The cost of a bumbling minority senator for the first two years might be worth it for the following four years of a majority Senate.
Image ImageImage
Gupwalla

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Gupwalla »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:44 am Contra: A Senate seat is for six years.

The cost of a bumbling minority senator for the first two years might be worth it for the following four years of a majority Senate.
But I like Warnock and I want him to continue as a Senator.

I’m not a huge fan of performative 3-D chess “lose to win” gamesmanship. Win ‘em all now, win ‘em all again in ‘24.
bob

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by bob »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:04 am But I like Warnock and I want him to continue as a Senator.

I’m not a huge fan of performative 3-D chess “lose to win” gamesmanship. Win ‘em all now, win ‘em all again in ‘24.
I, too, like Warnock.

The issue is whether Walker, despite his obvious, many flaws, is a good investment now for the GOP because his vote might be meaningful starting in 2025.

Or is it money better spent elsewhere? Especially when Walker is seen as one of the low-quality candidates who were touted by the previous president; Walker is and always will be a painful example of how the GOP blew this opportunity.

And while the Democrats no longer need Warnock for 2023, having his vote now will have value. And the 2024 Senate map is brutal; Warnock (and everyone else) will be invaluable then. So the Democrats have more motivation to spend money to retain Warnock's seat.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well Hell. I hate it when people explain stuff to me.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

I think democrats should work a little to court Lisa Murkowski in Alaska. This is twice the republicans tried to boot her from office and if she wins during the ranked choice voting then they should try to get her to caucus with them.
bob

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:39 pm I think democrats should work a little to court Lisa Murkowski in Alaska. This is twice the republicans tried to boot her from office and if she wins during the ranked choice voting then they should try to get her to caucus with them.
That's an interesting idea, provided Murkowski and Warnock retain their seats. Six years is a long time for voters to get used to her being an "independent."

But what does Murkowski want (i.e., would log roll for) that Sinema and Manchin won't provide?
Image ImageImage
June bug

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by June bug »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:58 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:39 pm I think democrats should work a little to court Lisa Murkowski in Alaska. This is twice the republicans tried to boot her from office and if she wins during the ranked choice voting then they should try to get her to caucus with them.
That's an interesting idea, provided Murkowski and Warnock retain their seats. Six years is a long time for voters to get used to her being an "independent."

But what does Murkowski want (i.e., would log roll for) that Sinema and Manchin won't provide?
Codifying Roe v Wade? (i.e., carving out a filibuster exception for it)
Foggy
Dick Tater

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

It will be interesting to me to see if Trump goes to bat for Walker now.

I mean, he's still got one more pick that he endorsed and claimed is "his" candy date, amirite?

Or is he going to drop the loser and blame Melanie for another bad pick? :think:

Hmm. Could go either way, folks. You know the ref on the field is gonna call a penalty either way. :towel:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:04 pm It will be interesting to me to see if Trump goes to bat for Walker now.

I mean, he's still got one more pick that he endorsed and claimed is "his" candy date, amirite?
At the moment, his fundraising grifting has been mostly for Walker/Georgia. I'm receiving ~15 emails and texts daily with begs, with more than half about Walker and "saving Georgia" (50% goes to Walker's camp, the other 50% goes to Trumps "PAC" orgs).

So yeah, he has not thrown in the towel on Walker yet.
bob

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:35 pm
So yeah, he has not thrown in the towel on grifting off Walker yet.
FIFY.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by neonzx »

Some of today's texts. I still don't know what "you get 5000% more texts" means. :smoking:
Screenshot_20221114-190805-565.png
Screenshot_20221114-190805-565.png (162.1 KiB) Viewed 319 times
And email...
Screenshot_20221114-195653-566.jpg
Screenshot_20221114-195653-566.jpg (393.99 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Return to “U.S. Senate”