2022 Georgia Senate Race

pipistrelle

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:07 pm Honestly, threads like this are part of the problem. Why? It's 100% walker, 100% of the time. If I was relying on this thread I would barely know what Warnock looks like, let alone what he is saying.

THreads like this elevate Wakler in google searches and drown Warnock.

Walkers idiocy has swamped the media channels as it drives clicks. I can think of a TD here in Ireland who is pretty much the same but he keeps getting elected because he gets on the air as he is always good for stream of consciousness comedy, despite him being a Moron and completely useless member of parliament. Michael Healy-Rae is the guy if anyone wants to look him up.
I agree, and Warnock has mostly been pushing back against Walker vs. getting himself out there. This is one of the few results that wasn't focused on Walker.
https://www.onlineathens.com/story/news ... 553222002/

'We need your impatience': Raphael Warnock visits UGA Chapel, encourages students to vote

U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock paid a visit to the University of Georgia on Oct. 20 to campaign for his re-election.

The Baptist minister turned senator held a rally with other local Democrats, including Athens Mayor Kelly Girtz, Athens Commissioner Tim Denson and state Sen. Jen Jordan at the UGA Chapel.

Warnock, who drew a crowd of about 200 students, discussed his plans for re-election and the importance of the youth vote.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

It’s tfg 2.0 out there, Walker gets all the press and whatever little is left for Warnock is all negative.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

race baiting
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Herschel Walker: “Halloween is right around the corner, and now the people of China and Mexico are dressing fentanyl up to look like candy.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Nobody cares what a good upstanding Christian like Herschel Walker has done.
Julia Jester @JulesJester wrote: #GASEN: a *NEW* woman comes forward alleging Georgia GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker drove her to a clinic "to have an abortion after she became pregnant as a result of her relationship w/ him." She'll speak later today at a presser, per release from attorney Gloria Allred.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

Gloria Allred.

:roll:

Oh well, I heard Jake Wohl and Jack Burkman were unavailable ... not even for a box of the best doughnuts ever.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Slim Cognito
Verified:

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, the last thing we need is for some hucksters to try for 15 minutes of fame making people question the other woman, despite her clearly having the receipts.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Daniel Uhlfelder @DWUhlfelderLaw wrote: Herschel denies latest abortion claim joking he didn’t kill JFK while Lindsey Graham laughs
► Show Spoiler
tek

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by tek »

She better have receipts.
Gloria Allred is not a good sign.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Greatgrey »

It’s a lie!

Or maybe not.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

It's like a taco inside a taco or a lieception
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

The I have a black friend argument
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Frater I*I »

That awkward moment of silence after he declares "Not a prop!"....

:rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

Who will be the first to prank him with a fake badge from a non-existant police department? Will his campaign catch the ruse? :twisted:
Suranis

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:23 pm Who will be the first to prank him with a fake badge from a non-existant police department? Will his campaign catch the ruse? :twisted:
I think we just watched a video of that...
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:23 pm Who will be the first to prank him with a fake badge from a non-existant police department? Will his campaign catch the ruse? :twisted:
I know this doesn't need to be said, but it is just so very very annoying that he is running around talking about how these badges are "not props". "No props" they said. But he didn't break that rule because...oh jesus effing christ the igno-arrogance is just sickening.
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by RTH10260 »

As a foreign observer I truly hope that one guy gets walked away in shame.

PS. I didn't know that the GQP imported this guy from TX - it just oozzzzes :sick:
Gupwalla

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Gupwalla »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:29 am As a foreign observer I truly hope that one guy gets walked away in shame.

PS. I didn't know that the GQP imported this guy from TX - it just oozzzzes :sick:
Walker was born in Georgia and had a storied college football career at the University of Georgia, where he won the Heisman trophy. His NFL professional career included two stints with the Dallas Cowboys, his first and last NFL teams, hence the Texas connection.

As a quirky footnote, Walker started his professional career outside the NFL, for an alternate football league. His team was bought by one Donald Trump, a local NYC real estate developer. This alternate league folded after three years, at a significant financial loss, in significant part because Mr. Trump employed his patented Art of the Deal with (in hindsight) all-too typical results.
Dr. Ken

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

At the time that he decided to run he had been living in Dallas for the last decade and has used it as his residence for tax purposes
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/po ... 88086f9260
noblepa

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by noblepa »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:46 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:29 am As a foreign observer I truly hope that one guy gets walked away in shame.

Walker was born in Georgia and had a storied college football career at the University of Georgia, where he won the Heisman trophy. His NFL professional career included two stints with the Dallas Cowboys, his first and last NFL teams, hence the Texas connection.

As a quirky footnote, Walker started his professional career outside the NFL, for an alternate football league. His team was bought by one Donald Trump, a local NYC real estate developer. This alternate league folded after three years, at a significant financial loss, in significant part because Mr. Trump employed his patented Art of the Deal with (in hindsight) all-too typical results.
Didn't Trump think that he could run the USFL up to be a thorn in the NFL's side and then sell the league to the NFL for a gazillion dollars? Didn't quite work out that way, did it? He figured if the AFL could do it, why couldn't he? After all, he is/was twice as smart as those chumps in the AFL.
Suranis

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:52 pm
Gupwalla wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:46 am

Didn't Trump think that he could run the USFL up to be a thorn in the NFL's side and then sell the league to the NFL for a gazillion dollars? Didn't quite work out that way, did it? He figured if the AFL could do it, why couldn't he? After all, he is/was twice as smart as those chumps in the AFL.
At the time trump was desperate to own an NFL team but the NFL owners had locked him out becasue he was an obnoxious little shit. When he got control of one of the USFL teams he basically blathered his way into running the whole league over 3 years. After they finally gave him control of the USFL his first move was to move matches from their monday night slot to thursday to directly complete with the NFL. Perhaps his idea was to force the NFL to give in to him with the competition. Naturally the USFL got utterly crushed, and was out of business within months of Trump acquiring it.

More detail here

https://allsportshistory.com/2022/02/25 ... -the-usfl/
Hic sunt dracones
Gupwalla

2022 Georgia Senate Race

Post by Gupwalla »

So to summarize (he said quickly, trying to get back to topic before the Feather Hammer of Doom descends):

* Walker is from Georgia and had a notable college football career there
* Walker was twice a member of the Dallas Cowboys, and has continued to call the Dallas area home

As a Dallas resident, (a) I am glad Walker is temporarily not my neighbor and (b) I am sorry for Georgia, though I trust y’all to do the right thing.

I don’t see how Walker continues his (lifelong) off-field shtick as a Fellowship of Christian Athletes model alternative to the stereotypical hard-partying baller after this. He traded an active functioning conscience for the easy rhetoric of forgiveness without consequence. And maybe the consequences are catching up to him anyway.

Return to “U.S. Senate”