Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Georgia Senate Race

bob

Re: Georgia Senate Race (for Raphael Warnock's seat)

Post by bob »

Warnock and Walker each handily won their parties' primaries (no run-offs).
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Fact check: Herschel Walker falsely claims he never falsely claimed he graduated from University of Georgia

By Daniel Dale and Andrew Kaczynski, CNN
Updated 1108 GMT (1908 HKT) May 25, 2022

(CNN)Herschel Walker, the former football star who is now the Republican nominee for a US Senate seat in Georgia, is piling dishonesty upon dishonesty on the subject of his college education.

In December, Walker's campaign website falsely claimed that he had graduated from the University of Georgia, the school he left after his junior season to play professionally. (Walker's campaign deleted the claim after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution inquired about it.) In April, CNN's KFile team revealed that Walker himself had made the false graduation claim for years -- and that Walker had even asserted that he graduated in the top 1% of his University of Georgia class.

But when Walker was challenged about his graduation deception in an interview last week with FOX 5 Atlanta anchor Russ Spencer, Walker declared he had never once said he graduated from the University of Georgia.

Spencer told Walker that he has a "phenomenal life story," but that "in some instances you've exaggerated that story. You said that you graduated from UGA..."

Walker interjected: "I never said that. They say that. And I said -- that's what you gotta remember. I never, I never have said that statement. Not one time. I've said that I studied criminal justice at UGA."

Facts First: Walker's claim that he "never" and "not one time" said he graduated from the University of Georgia is flat out false. Walker said on camera at least twice that he graduated from the school. Walker's promotional materials have also featured the false claim that he graduated.

When CNN asked for comment on Tuesday, Walker's campaign did not explain or correct his false claim that he had never said he earned his college degree. Spokesperson Mallory Blount instead said in an email: "Imagine a world where the media cared as much about solving inflation, gas prices and baby formula shortages as they do about re-litigating every word Herschel has ever said."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/25/poli ... index.html

as retold by Farron Cousins
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

That's hardly the only false thing they've caught Walker on, there have been a number of them. The people voting for him really don't care.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:11 pm Walker's son opens his fool mouth again.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: GA Senate candidate Herschel Walker’s son says pro-choice women don’t have to worry about whether abortion is legal or not because they probably aren’t having sex.
what an ugly little she-idiot
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

What is a "she-idiot?"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:24 pm What is a "she-idiot?"
At a guess, a portmanteau of "shit" and "idiot" with a bit of fake accent thrown in. I hope. (I would be very surprised if sad-cafe was mis-gendering)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Idiot regarding matters relating to she's? i.e., women?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Shediot?
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In their new campaign vehicles, Team Hershel will be driving around the state complaining about gas prices.
raison de arizona

Somebunny is getting a little big for his britches…
Herschel Walker ‘mad’ at Trump over remarks about Senate bid

Herschel Walker, the Georgia Republican Senate nominee and former NFL player, said he’s “mad” at former President Trump for claiming he was the one who lured Walker into the race to unseat Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.).

“One thing that people don’t know is President Trump never asked me,” Walker said in an interview with the rapper Killer Mike on Revolt TV. “I need to tell him that he never asked. I heard it all on television that ‘he’s going to ask Herschel,’ saying Hershel is going to run. President Trump never came out and said ‘Herschel, will you run for that Senate seat?’”

“So, I’m mad at him, because he never asked, but he’s taking credit that he asked,” Walker said.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/news/campaign/35070 ... enate-bid/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Wow. What a dope.
Christian Walker @ChristianWalk1r wrote: I grew up more financially blessed than 99% of the white people I meet. My parents are more successful than 99% of the white people I meet. I live a nicer life than 99% of the white people I meet.

Shut up with your white privilege talking point. It doesn’t exist.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

All the words I wanted to say but couldn't get to spell check at the time

you know

self-centered
horrid
entitled and on and on and on
raison de arizona

I didn't see anything in here that I haven't seen before, but is compelling to see them collected together like this.
raison de arizona

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:39 pm
All the words I wanted to say but couldn't get to spell check at the time

you know

self-centered
horrid
entitled and on and on and on
He's also attracted to men, but not gay. I'm not sure how that works, perhaps lack of access to a dictionary?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He's gay but he's not GAY as in one of the GAY community. He prefers men but he's not one of those rainbow lefty hippie gays.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He's not gay. He's Homosexual.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He doesn’t follow the hoMo-SECK(tosseshead)-shual agenda.

He toots his own horn. :batting:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:01 pm He doesn’t follow the hoMo-SECK(tosseshead)-shual agenda.

No mean feat that!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:23 pm

He's also attracted to men, but not gay. I'm not sure how that works, perhaps lack of access to a dictionary?
He's on the down low.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

qbawl wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:17 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:01 pm He doesn’t follow the hoMo-SECK(tosseshead)-shual agenda.

No mean feat that!
:rotflmao: Eye bleach!!!! Where's the damn eyebleach!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So giving out gas cards on behalf of Walker is legal but handing out water to people standing in line with no candidate attached will get you arrested.

Could an IAAL comment?

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-b ... TXDRLYB64/

A pro-Herschel Walker gas giveaway fuels Democratic outrage

The gas cards come with a flyer supporting Walker stating that Warnock voted to raise gas prices. I don't know how many people fell for the scam and how many just thought, Hey $25 in gas! and will still vote for Warnock.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

Warnock voted to raise gas prices?
raison de arizona

Walker makes up more random, easily disprovable crap. TBI?
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: Herschel Walker has been claiming that he worked as a Cobb County police officer and an FBI agent: “I spent time at the FBI training school. Y’all didn’t know I was an agent?” Walker never worked for the FBI and Cobb County police said they have no record of his involvement.
:roll:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope some PAC is making commercials out of these.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:01 pm I hope some PAC is making commercials out of these.
So do I, but I mean, it really isn't going to affect any votes. Those voting for Walker are going to vote for him regardless of even if he claims to have been the first man on Mars, they don't care as long as he has the R after his name and the endorsement of tfg. That said, Walker is a particularly bad candidate.

Return to “U.S. Senate”