Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yeah, he's been doing those for a spell now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is being widely reported, but has been disputed, especially with respect to Andrew Giuliani, so... Grain of salt and all that I suppose.
POLITICO Playbook: Scoop: Fox to Rudy: You’re banned
:snippity:
RUDY GETS THE GONG — RUDY GIULIANI has been banned from Fox News for almost three months. As if the sting of that weren’t painful enough, the “9/11 mayor” learned of his banishment … on the eve of Sept. 11.

Giuliani was slated to appear on “Fox & Friends” to mark the 20th anniversary of the attack. But the night before, host PETE HEGSETH called Giuliani to say he’d been cut from the show and apologize.

The ban extends not just to GIULIANI, but also to his son ANDREW, who has not been on Fox News since he launched his campaign for governor of New York in May despite many requests to go on the network. His team has been frustrated that rival GOP gubernatorial candidate Rep. LEE ZELDIN is a frequent guest.

But bookers have told both Giulianis the ban comes from the top, sources said. The former New York City mayor had been a fixture on the network.

Rudy is really hurt because he did a big favor for RUPERT [MURDOCH],” a source close to Giuliani said. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City.” In 1996, Giuliani’s administration advocated for Time Warner to carry the newly launched Fox News Channel, intervening in a dispute between Murdoch and the cable provider.
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ned-494458
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I did him a favor 25 years ago, so he is obligated to kiss my backside for all eternity, and also take a $1 billion loss from lawsuits from election system companies because I will talk about it on the error repeatedly. You owe me, Murdock!!!
101010 :towel:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I hadn’t seen this; Maddow on part of Rudy’s Dominion deposition:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sitting in the Philly airport w/o headphones. Could someone sum up :prettyplease:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:34 am Sitting in the Philly airport w/o headphones. Could someone sum up :prettyplease:
In his deposition, Rudy says that he was basing his statements about Dominion's malfeasance on social media posts--he couldn't remember which platform. Rachel mocks his vagueness, "the one with the bird". When asked if he did any research to find out if the social media posts were accurate, he objects to that suggestion, saying that that's not his job, other people do that. No discussion of if other people did that, or if he listened to them. Rachel mocks more, chiding his flimsy excuses and the pointing out that the bottom line is that he read some stuff on line and based his statements on Dominion's criminality on that.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:

And thx!

ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Only a short video; basically Rudy admits he checked nothing, didn’t speak to any of the “witnesses/sources, did no research, and can’t remember whether he saw some of the claims on social media.

Ninja’d…
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Yaybut, in his mind that proves, PROVES, that he did nothing wrong and clearly shows that Dominion has no case against him. Although, IMHO his statements do seem to meet the test for constitutional "malice."
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:48 am Only a short video; basically Rudy admits he checked nothing, didn’t speak to any of the “witnesses/sources, did no research, and can’t remember whether he saw some of the claims on social media.

Ninja’d…
this is typical for RW "citizen journalists"
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the transcript of the depo and it is rich. It's all the lying grifters together. To be clear, this is for the Coomer lawsuit, not the big Dominion case.
20 Q. The crew that you mentioned that
21 was counsel to the president, who was on
22 that team?
23 A. Why don't we say counsel to the
24 president personally. On that team,
25 myself, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell, Joseph
Page 21
1 GIULIANI
2 diGenova, Victoria Toensing. I'm not sure
3 at that point if Christina Bobb was or
4 wasn't. She may have been. And I'm
5 missing one I know. Boris.
6 Q. Boris?
7 A. Boris -- Boris, Boris, Boris, I
8 can't remember his last name. Boris.
9 I'll get you his name.
10 Q. Okay.
11 A. His status was -- I should
12 explain this so it doesn't create any
13 confusion. The original press release
14 that was put out, Boris's name was not
15 included, although it was included in the
16 document that was sent over to the White
17 House. His name was excluded because the
18 president's staff did not think Boris was
19 a lawyer. It turned out that Boris was a
20 lawyer and therefore we included his name,
21 and so there are some press releases that
22 have Boris's name and some that do not.
23 Boris Epstein, Boris Epstein
That's gotta have stung Boris. :lol:

https://lede-admin.coloradosun.com/wp-c ... r-case.pdf
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This is a classic deposition. Thanks!

Here's highlight of Rudy, blabbing on about the evils of Dominion and Coomer:
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.34.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.34.33 AM.png (201.52 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:brickwallsmall: infinity

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hours of laughs in that crazy transcript. Posted a tweet to spead the laughter.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Still reading Rudy's depo. This is epic.

So Coomer's lawyer repeated tried to get Rudy to confirm that Coomer is not mentioned in any of the stop the steal* lawsuits (presumably to make the point that Rudy knew the charges were untrue?).

Rudy gives this explanation as to why they didn't use the Coomer story (he downplays the Coomer story, though he makes a showy point of not stooping so low as to use Squidney's term "he's only a gnat" because calling someone you've just called a vicious, lying, election stealer a gnat is infradig to Rudy):
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.59.25 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 10.59.25 AM.jpg (107.77 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
Following this explanation, Rudy carries on for about four pages of the depo, explaining unasked and uninterrupted about how the Constitution calls upon the State Legislatures to choose electors, as per the Eastman memo, and when eventually reined in by Coomer's lawyer, wraps it up by saying, as if it wasn't clear, that he's just explaining why Coomer was a gnat, and the real way to deal with the stolen* election, since the courts had turned out to be dens of iniquity, was y'know, state legislatures and stopping Mike Pence.

Just in case anyone *ehem Garland ehem* had any doubt as to how the coup was supposed to happen, and how it will happen in 2024. Becuase the courts are y'know, "kind of old-fashioned".
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Something I missed from Rudy's depo, he was "ordered" to represent trump for free.

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-te ... 11819.html
Giuliani replied that he was not paid to represent the campaign and had been reimbursed for only his expenses, according to the transcript. Cain then asked Giuliani why he would represent the Trump campaign without compensation.

"The president - the president ordered me to do it," Giuliani said.
It's kinda sad. Rudy is obviously not all there these days, whether it's alcoholism or something else, and trump exploited that vulnerability, then ghosted him when he couldn't deliver.

Jeez, am I going soft on Rudy?

ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:10 am Something I missed from Rudy's depo, he was "ordered" to represent trump for free.

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-te ... 11819.html
It's kinda sad. Rudy is obviously not all there these days, whether it's alcoholism or something else, and trump exploited that vulnerability, then ghosted him when he couldn't deliver.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who kissed trump's ass as president and hope every one of them get what they deserve for enabling him. Trump has never been anything but a crook and a con man. Like my mama use to say, "You lay down with dogs, you're getting up with fleas!" I'm so enjoying the fact that he no longer has "executive privilege" over anything and HOPEFULLY won't ever again. Good for Joe in refusing to use executive privilege to cover up all of Trump's criminal activity as president.

I know that's really burning Trump's ass but I'm sure enjoying it! :oldlady: :mrgreen: :popcorn:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Think of it as Rudy's way of establishing that he is not responsible for his actions* and you will feel better about loathing him without exception.

*Rudy lives in a totalitarian universe where the supreme leader must be obeyed. My Earth2.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:10 am :snippity:
Probably more of pity, the same kind you would have seeing a homeless guy passed out drunk in the gutter with an empty bottle and in a puddle of his own urine...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

If Rudy was the homeless guy, he'd be slumped in a whole lake of many other people's urine.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Not homeless, just in the days before they stopped serving Scotch after the 7th inning.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

That can't be Roodles, both his hands are outside his pants.

Tried to fool me, but nuh uh. :fingerwag:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”