Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Rudy Giuliani

Post by neonzx »

I've seen 12yo boys muck with their hair but not grown men who are alleged professionals.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Rudy Giuliani

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:40 am Obviously Trump won't do anything to help Giuliani.

But I expect other rich assholes will move to provide Giuliani with free accommodation, travel, etc. No siezable cash or property that might be caught by liens, but free use of a nice apartment, use of a car, prepaid air tickets? That's not a problem, is it? Lawfolk can explain if there are complications.

One lesson of life is that rich assholes usually succeed in maintaining a rich asshole's lifestyle after what should be crippling judgements against them.
As said in The Dark Knight Rises, “The rich don't even go broke like the rest of us.”
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Rudy Giuliani

Post by northland10 »

RWNJs love grifters and miracle elixirs. Might I suggest for Rudy.

Ironically, this part of the movie came up right when I was reading this thread.
101010 :towel:
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

Here's what the election workers' lawyers are saying...

‘How Are You Gonna Collect?’ Joy Reid Lists Giuliani’s Massive Financial Woes and Asks Plaintiffs’ Lawyer How They’re Going to Get Paid
Joy Reid asked an attorney for two election workers how they intend to collect the $148 million a jury awarded them in their defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani.

In the wake of the 2020 presidential election, Giuliani and a cadre of Trump hangers-on spread deranged conspiracy theories claiming the election had been stolen. Giuliani took matters a step further by singling out Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss – two election workers in Georgia. He claimed they were handling election-altering USB drives “like vials of heroin or cocaine.”

The “drives” turned out to be mints.

The judge in the case issued a summary judgment deeming Giuliani liable for defamation after the former New York mayor admitted he made false statements about Freeman and Moss. A jury subsequently awarded the hefty sum to the plaintiffs. Throughout the case, Giuliani lashed out against the two and the judge.

On Friday’s edition of The ReidOut on MSNBC, the host interviewed the plaintiffs’ attorney, Von Dubose – to whom she listed Giuliani’s myriad financial woes.

“At this moment, Rudy Giuliani owes $500,000 in unpaid taxes,” she noted. “The IRS has a lien on his Palm Beach property. He’s selling his Upper East Side property. It’s on the market for $6 million, but it hasn’t been sold yet. “And his consulting firm defaulted on a debt for a phone bill. How are you gonna collect?”

“We’ve already put the pieces in motion for that,” he replied. “We are intending to collect every nickel of it. We’ll see how much we ultimately find and how much we ultimately recover. But we are putting the pieces together right now.”

“Just to sort of help our audience understand how this works, can these ladies put a lien on his properties?” Reid asked. “Would his tax returns be taken? Like, pragmatically, how could you make him pay?”

“Every enforcement measure at our fingertips will be put in play,” Dubose said. “So we’ll look at liens. We’ll look at garnishments, levies. We’ll look at everything. We’ll look at everything, absolutely.”
I wish them success.
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

Glenn Kirschner's views.

In summary at 5:50: "He will spend the rest of his days penniless."

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Rudy, looking like he is back at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, claims the opposing lawyers offered to settle the case if he would rat out Trump: “These people were working for the Bidens not for these women. They were asking me questions about Trump .. they wanted me to rat.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Resume18

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Resume18 »

Doesn't matter how crazy we think this noise is, Diaper Don's base will eat it up morning, noon and night; the only question is how many independents lap it up as well.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

Considering all the money he hast to pay the women, and the fact that it was a civil trial, color me skeptical.

He’s hoping Trump will hold another fundraiser if he keeps… Kissing his ass.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
roadscholar

Rudy Giuliani

Post by roadscholar »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:57 pm
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Rudy, looking like he is back at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, claims the opposing lawyers offered to settle the case if he would rat out Trump: “These people were working for the Bidens not for these women. They were asking me questions about Trump .. they wanted me to rat.
Nota bene: You can’t “rat” on the innocent.

Heh.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Mr brolin »

I'm working on presentation work for an information security forum around Financial, Operational, Reputational and Regulatory costs associated with data breaches and malware/ransomware breaches.

Is there a transcript or some part of the presentation from Ashlee Humphreys (expert witness who assisted in calculating the costs of the award) available anywhere?

Would be an excellent real world example of "Actions = Consequences".......
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:54 am I'm working on presentation work for an information security forum around Financial, Operational, Reputational and Regulatory costs associated with data breaches and malware/ransomware breaches.

Is there a transcript or some part of the presentation from Ashlee Humphreys (expert witness who assisted in calculating the costs of the award) available anywhere?

I wish I could remember who it was, but one of the reporters live-tweeting the trial included a lot of her testimony. Maybe she'd give you her sources if you contact her directly.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: Rudy Giuliani makes wild new claim: The lawyers in the defamation case he just lost actually worked for Biden, and they wanted him to “rat” on Trump. (Video: Real America’s Voice)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:43 am
Mr brolin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:54 am I'm working on presentation work for an information security forum around Financial, Operational, Reputational and Regulatory costs associated with data breaches and malware/ransomware breaches.

I wish I could remember who it was, but one of the reporters live-tweeting the trial included a lot of her testimony. Maybe she'd give you her sources if you contact her directly.
Brandi Buchman. I think it was Dec 14, on Twitter. Long, detailed thread. Till transcripts come out, she is the next best thing.

@Brandi_Buchman

I think this is it: https://x.com/Brandi_Buchman/status/173 ... 89250?s=20
Volkonski
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:57 am
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: Rudy Giuliani makes wild new claim: The lawyers in the defamation case he just lost actually worked for Biden, and they wanted him to “rat” on Trump. (Video: Real America’s Voice)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He knows better.

Those lawyers work for the 2 Georgia election workers.

If any lawyers want him to rat on trump it might be the AG of Georgia and the DOJ.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

Doesn't "ratting" on someone mean you spill the beans about what illegal stuff they did? If Trump is so innocent, then what's to spill? (Besides, he's got immunity, right?) :rotflmao:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
neonzx

Rudy Giuliani

Post by neonzx »

Oh NOES!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/18/politics ... index.html

CNN

Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, the two Georgia election workers who won a nearly $150 million verdict against Rudy Giuliani for defamation on Friday, have sued him again, asking a federal judge to permanently prohibit him from lying about them.

The lawsuit comes as Giuliani has continued to make false statements about their work as absentee ballot counters in the 2020 election.
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

neonzx wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm Oh NOES!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/18/politics ... index.html

CNN

Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, the two Georgia election workers who won a nearly $150 million verdict against Rudy Giuliani for defamation on Friday, have sued him again, asking a federal judge to permanently prohibit him from lying about them.

The lawsuit comes as Giuliani has continued to make false statements about their work as absentee ballot counters in the 2020 election.
“Defendant Giuliani continues to spread the very same lies for which he has already been held liable,” the new lawsuit said. “Defendant Giuliani’s statements, coupled with his refusal to agree to refrain from continuing to make such statements, make clear that he intends to persist in his campaign of targeted defamation and harassment. It must stop.”
The lawsuit: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... t-giuliani
Sam the Centipede

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Has Giuliani made himself effectively invulnerable as all his assets will be subject to claims by these litigants and other creditors? I appreciate "all" might be slightly overwide because some necessities might be exempt.

So there is nothing more for him to lose to creditors.

Or could he find himself residing in the Four Seasons Penitentiary for defying such a court order, assuming it is obtained?

Inquisitive minds need to know! What's at risk for Roodles the Unrepentant Asshole?
neonzx

Rudy Giuliani

Post by neonzx »

Rudy is quickly finding himself in the status of "judgement proof"( as the lawyers say.)
Uncollectable.

Let's do same for tfg!! :twisted:
Dave from down under

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dave from down under »

Bring back debtor* prisons!!

* Only for those with $5 million or more awarded against them.
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

The Prosecuting Donald Trump podcast has Michael Gottlieb, Moss and Freeman’s lead attorney on. He’s also represented Comet Pizza, of Pizzagate fame and Seth Rich’s family. It’s fairly interesting. Skip up to about 29:30 if you aren’t interested in hearing a discussion of tfg’s immunity filing, but that is good as well.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/p ... 1679657705
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Schmitt: Your initial allegations, do you still believe them to be true?

Giuliani: Yeah. Of course, they’ll sue me again for it when I say that. Yeah I do. They want me to lie. They basically— they are suing me in order to lie to them. I'm sorry. I can't do it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

I see he didn't bother to show the "evidence" he promised to show when he planned to testify at the trial. What's up with that?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:20 am I see he didn't bother to show the "evidence" he promised to show when he planned to testify at the trial. What's up with that?
They wouldn't let him, apparently.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”