Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ind.-AZ)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
notorial dissent

Re: U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)

Post by notorial dissent »

If this is true, Sinema is even loopier than I thought she was. I am still of the opinion that she got elected purely on a fluke. I'm not sure she'll be able to pull it off again, and other than affecting the Senate vote balance I can't see that otherwise she'd be any kind of loss.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I am silently waiting for the first time Trump calls her "Cinnamon" and pretends she's a horsie or sumpin'. :daydreaming:

"Here, Cinnamon, have a nice sugar cube." Right in the middle of the presidential debate. :biggrin:

What, you don't see that one coming? :hoover:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

IIRC, Arizona was the last state to recognize Martin Luther King Day. Not a good look for Sinema. I didn't listen to much of her speech, but while I can vaguely understand Manchin's stupid, evil stance* because he's been in the Senate for a few terms, Sinema is just new. She's full of crap when she talks about preservation of the filibuster.

*Okay, not really. It's just self-serving.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am Not a good look for Sinema.
And that's what's weird about her behavior, Andy - it's not even a good look for her in her own political party in her own state. Before reading that she may have (near-delusional) presidential aspirations, I've seen her as a puzzle. She's clearly ambitious as hell, but she's doing things that make her look like she'd never survive a primary against anyone who simply pointed out her record of sabotaging the Dems.

But if she's planning a run for president as the middle-of-the-road, fresh, female face, the Democrat who took on Progressive Joe, then at least her behavior makes sense. She's in the news. She's gaining name recognition.

And we learned in recent years that you can be a deranged, psychopathic, hateful, stupid asshole and still be elected to the highest office in the land, as long as you are a relentless self-promoter and you never admit you have ever made a mistake in your entire life.

Which is a valuable lesson to learn, for a bright and attractive young lady, as long as you don't let it get to your head. :whistle:
realist

Post by realist »

But if she's planning a run for president as the middle-of-the-road, fresh, female face, the Democrat who took on Progressive Joe, then at least her behavior makes sense. She's in the news. She's gaining name recognition.
Perhaps she doesn't plan to run as a Democrat. :smoking:
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

realist wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:51 am
Perhaps she doesn't plan to run as a Democrat. :smoking:
That was my thought, she wants to run like Perot except win. :think:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As a third-party independent or as a Republican?

Republican, she gets attacked by Trump the minute she says so.

Independent, where will she get the money? She doesn't have Perot money. :shrug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think she's more interested in a cushy private-sector job.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I would agree if it weren't for the stunts she's pulled lately to get publicity. What cushy private-sector job means she'd be on Tee Vee all the time?

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sinema is doing what many politicians, particularly Republican politicians, do. They have whatever opinions their biggest donors have and they vote the way their biggest donors want them to vote.

It's been pretty widely reported that she was given HUGE amounts of campaign money by Republican groups. They are her largest donors and she's simply doing what they want her to do. It's really not that hard to figure her out when you know that she received huge sums of campaign funds from Republican groups.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

We hand-delivered a ‘Republican Party Employee of the Month’ plaque to Kyrsten Sinema’s office.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Good eyes noticed that while Sinema claimed "none" for religion and was not sworn in on a Bible, she is suddenly sporting a cross necklace. :think:
I’m old enough to remember when .@SenatorSinema chose not to use a Bible for her swearing in ceremony, but today she’s sporting a cross. Looking for Evangelical support in 24 to run for President?
What a fraud.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm I would agree if it weren't for the stunts she's pulled lately to get publicity. What cushy private-sector job means she'd be on Tee Vee all the time?

Six figures a year to be Faux News token Dem.... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:02 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm I would agree if it weren't for the stunts she's pulled lately to get publicity. What cushy private-sector job means she'd be on Tee Vee all the time?

SixSeven figures a year to be Faux News token Dem.... :shrug:
FIFY. She'll be a former Senator, after all.

Worth mentioning is that Sinema continues to teach classes at ASU. FWIW. She's teaching three classes in the upcoming semester.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 am C008ED29-6F10-4D02-850E-95EDA7EC9F40.png
AZ House Democratic Leader Reginald Bolding wrote: Given the choice to cement the legacy of John Lewis or stomp on it, I will never understand the speech Senator Sinema delivered today.
Sinema responded. I guess.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She should be ashamed. Ha. Ha. I jest. :mad:
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

I'm Australian, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but..., but..., this revolting, vile trolling makes my head just wanna... :explode:

Who the fu(k does she think she is?

Republican Employee of the Millennium...
bob

Post by bob »

"But this will just push her further to the right!" :brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

FoxNews haz much Faux outrage over Colbert "body shaming" Sinema for calling her... the Hamburglar? You be the judge.
Screen_Shot_2022-01-20_at_9.25.14_AM_90.png
Screen_Shot_2022-01-20_at_9.25.14_AM_90.png (371.21 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
:snippity:
Harris Faulkner claimed Colbert "body-shamed" the Arizona Senator.

Kayleigh McEnany, the BIGGEST LIAR of the bunch said, "I think it's misogyny at its worst."

McEnany also said Sinema was attacked because she's a woman.
:snippity:
Because everyone knows the Hamburglar is a symbol of... eating too much McDonalds? Female oppression? I guess? I don't know, I just can't anymore. I'm all for eliminating casual misogyny, but... I'm struggling to categorize this as misogynistic body shaming. :shrug:

Video of the faux outrage at link: https://crooksandliars.com/2022/01/colb ... quip-about
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Clothing shaming vs body shaming. Why would anyone at Faux know the difference
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Sinema has an outstanding 8% approval rating among AZ Democrats. Interestingly enough, her approval rating among Republicans is 44%.
flexghost. @flexghost1 wrote: If a CEO lied to get their job, then they went around trying to tank the company, how long would they be around?

Kyrsten Sinema has an 8% approval rating in AZ + Senators can’t be recalled

We need an approval mechanism to fire politicians who refuse to represent their people.

I want to know who the 8% are and why they love to eat lead paint chips
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

To be fair, her people are the state of Arizona, not just Democrats. That was a Trump cult thing — you represent your base, not the electorate or the people. It shouldn’t work that way.

(She’s bad at representing anyone.)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

HAHAHAHAHA!

Heh, heh, heh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Giggle, snort, chuckle.

She's doing what she's doing because of her genius plan to run for president in 2024, and she has an EIGHT PERCENT RATING IN HER OWN STATE.

Well ... anyway ... you know what they say.

We'll always have RC Radio, sniff, sniff, boo hoo, ack hork gag me.

:whisper: One hundred years ago, she came on RC Radio and was an anti-birther state senator back then. She seemed nice. I think Tes may have had something to do with her joining RC's radio show. We were huge fans of hers, but then the asteroid hit and killed all the dinosaurs and a bunch of other stuff happened and here we are. :blackeye:

Return to “Current Politics”