Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ind.-AZ)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
bob

U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ind.-AZ)

Post by bob »

Seems worthy of her own topic.

"For fun":
Image ImageImage
filly

Re: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)

Post by filly »

I remember when she was in the AZ legislature and a guest in RC’s radio show (which was excellent and much missed). She is a different person now.
bob

Post by bob »

filly wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:12 pm I remember when she was in the AZ legislature and a guest in RC’s radio show (which was excellent and much missed). She is a different person now.
On all accounts, concur (sadly).
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

She reminds me of that old saying, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:28 pm She reminds me of that old saying, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Not power, money, she was average middle class before being elected, now she's worth over a mil...she's been bought, and after her term in the Senate, she'll move on to a lucrative 6 figure job being the token Dem over at Fox news...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Re: U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

:sick:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I don't even know what's going on there.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

A sick sitcom about a man with no spine wooing a woman with delusions of grandeur, is my guess.
raison de arizona

Important U.S. Senate business that us plebes would not understand.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

twitter says it's a play on Ted Lasso.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Check out this really fun thread!

𝚗𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚑 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚞𝚕 𓂀 but spooky Jack-o-lantern
@alohacatss
kyrsten sinema as dumpsters (thread)
raison de arizona

Thanks poplove, that was a really great thread! I laughed and laughed and then threw her some $ at the end!

In other Sinema news...
Sinema’s raking in cash from MLMs. They want to kill her party’s labor bill.
The Arizona senator is one of just a few lawmakers that multilevel marketing businesses —often derided as pyramid schemes — are giving to.

They've been derided as spruced up pyramid schemes: Companies that incentivize their own customers to become salespeople for products. Now, these so-called multilevel marketing businesses are flexing their political muscle. And they're turning to one lawmaker in particular to protect their agenda: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema.
:snippity:
In May 2020, not long after the onset of the coronavirus, the Direct Selling Association and one its member companies, Isagenix, hosted Sinema for a virtual town hall. According to the association, she assured the industry that she would help them “succeed through these difficult circumstances.” On its website, the association lists Sinema among its contribution recipients during the 2020-2021 period, saying she is “One of the few Democratic Senators who supports direct selling.”
The industry knows that it can only survive through its relationships in Washington, D.C., Keep noted.

“An industry that is literally built on contract employees — which is what the MLM is — would never want to be considered to be, to entertain the notion of having those independent representatives as employees,” he said. Of the industry's support for Sinema, he added: “I think that she's demonstrated a flexibility that they think they can capitalize on."
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/0 ... bor-519661
raison de arizona

All these Sinema ads I've been seeing here in AZ, word on the street...
filly

Post by filly »

So Arizonans don’t want anything to get done? Is that the message? They could’ve elected McSally if that were the case.
raison de arizona

filly wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:24 pm So Arizonans don’t want anything to get done? Is that the message? They could’ve elected McSally if that were the case.
Sinema is taking a victory lap, actually.
Sen. Kyrsten Sinema takes victory lap after Congress passes physical infrastructure bill

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema took a victory lap Monday, saying the $1.2 trillion physical infrastructure bill passed by the House of Representatives is evidence her approach to bipartisan legislating is backed by the American public.

The package, which delivers key components of President Joe Biden’s agenda, makes historic investments in the nation’s deteriorating roads, bridges, airports, water systems and ports-of-entry, and will expand access to broadband internet in urban centers and far-flung areas of the state and across the nation left behind in the 21st century.

Sinema, D-Ariz., co-brokered the deal in the Senate with Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, in a process that began more than eight months ago in the basement of the Capitol, where she, Portman and staffers huddled with what she called their “nerdy” spreadsheets and a long list of goals.
“The lesson that I take from (the) elections, whether they be my own or others, is that folks — they expect results,” Sinema said. “They’re less interested in the talking heads on television and the partisan talking points on cable TV. They’re less interested in the tweets. What they are interested in is who is delivering results that make a difference in their lives. And so what I pledge to you and to folks throughout Arizona is to continue to do what I’ve always done, which is just put my head down, stay focused on the work, and deliver results for Arizonans.”
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 342340001/
raison de arizona

Sinema Doesn’t Talk to Her Voters. But Corporate Money Talks to Her.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has raised an inordinate amount of money this year.

According to OpenSecrets, she’s received around $1.9 million in 2021, despite the fact that she is not up for re-election until 2024. Mark Kelly, Arizona’s other senator, is up for re-election in 2022 and has raised $6.7 million.

While they represent the same state, Kelly’s top five donors are drastically different from Sinema’s. Most of Sinema’s money comes from corporate donors outside Arizona, some of which have a history of donating largely to Republicans. Kelly’s top campaign contributions, on the other hand, come mainly from the donation platform Democracy Engine, Arizona State University, Disney, Microsoft, and a Chicago-based law firm.

How has this money potentially influenced her stances? In 2021, Sinema voted down the $15 minimum wage increase, opposed tax increases on corporations and the wealthy, and stalled on drug price reform—all policies supported by a majority of Democratic Senators, as well as a majority of Arizonans.

Here’s a breakdown of Sinema’s top five corporate donors.
https://coppercourier.com/story/sinema- ... ck-better/
raison de arizona

Will GOP's PowerPoint plan to stage a coup get Sen. Kyrsten Sinema to act on filibuster? Spoiler: No, no it won't.
Opinion: Without an end to the filibuster there is no way to stop the GOP's plan to transform our democracy into an autocracy.

I’m not sure how much more proof Sen. Kyrsten Sinema needs.

Late last week, Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, turned over to House investigators looking into the Jan. 6 insurrection a 30-plus page PowerPoint presentation designed, essentially, to overturn the 2020 election.

In other words, to stage a coup.

Then, the retired U.S. army colonel who was part of the team who created the plan told The Washington Post that he had spoken to Meadows “maybe eight to 10 times” the night before the U.S. Capitol was attacked.

Think of that.

Republicans at the highest level of the government were in possession of a blueprint to overthrow the government.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 489366001/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She doesn't need any more proof. She doesn't care.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Shehttps://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/ ... lty-517224

Lots of goodies in this article. The following quote sums it up.

Her friendship with Biggs was the subject of considerable Capitol intrigue during her days as a state legislator and one of the first big signs that Sinema was changing, says Lopes. Notably, Sinema had helped whip votes for Lopes’ election to be House minority leader in 2006, but two years later was part of the team that toppled him in a leadership coup.

“She was getting closer and closer to Biggs. They hung out a lot and did things together, and she bragged about that,” he says. “I attribute all of that to a strategy in her head to stay in office. She’ll do anything, anything, to stay in office.”
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Pound of salt and all...
Amy Siskind Rainbow flag @Amy_Siskind wrote: THREAD on Sinema:
Sinema's behavior has made no common sense to me. Surely she knows too that she would lose in the 2024 Democratic primary. Why would she do it?

I have info from an inside source who lives in AZ and has a direct connection. With his permission am sharing.

1/
First, and this likely isn't breaking news to anyone: Sinema has a highly overinflated ego. She believes since she has been able to work her way up, and accumulate so many academic degrees in a short time, she is a true super star -head and shoulders above intellectually.

2/
To Sinema, as many of us suspected, her term in the U.S. Senate, she believes is just a stopping ground for her next step. She doesn't assume she will need to be re-elected.

This is something I imagined, but assumed she would be a consultant or something of that variety.

3/
But nope, I was wrong. That isn't what Sinema believes will be her next step. With her inflated ego and small circle of friends, many of whom she has alienated and lost, not pushing back, she has been living in an echo chamber. The big $$$ corp donors are happy to feed this.

4/
Sinema believes she will be running to President in 2024 I am told. This self-styled bipartisanship she believes she speaks for, will be her brand to run as the candidate in the middle. Not far-left of far-right. She has convinced herself this is her calling and she has it.

5/
And you can see why having alienated so many close to her, & believing she is smarter than everyone else in DC and beyond, and with the corporate donors feeding this too while she tows their line, this misguided fantasy can be her view.

This I am told is what is happening.

6/6
One postscript per my friend: Sinema believes MAGA elected officials will reject partisanship when they are given a choice of her or Trump.

Yes, the land of magical thinking. But here we are folks!

7/6
I have known about this for a few months, but did not want to betray my friend’s confidence. And he assumed the media would come knocking and find this story - it is well known in Sinema’s inner circle! But they never did, so today he messaged me and said time to go public!
https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/ ... 32516?s=20
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I don't know if the statistics/ numbers are 100% correct, but I think this is at least in general one of our biggest problems. The tweet regarding Norway vs USA is what I'm talking about. But yeah, Citizen's United is one of the Supreme Court's most damaging decisions.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

C008ED29-6F10-4D02-850E-95EDA7EC9F40.png
C008ED29-6F10-4D02-850E-95EDA7EC9F40.png (510.7 KiB) Viewed 1588 times

Return to “Current Politics”