trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is really the first time he’s been held to account for any of his bad actions. It might not be tonight but soon he’s going to have a serious meltdown over it. It won’t be pretty.

I hope there’s video .
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

The audience for the CNN townhall w/Trump will be 400 Republicans & GOP-leaning independents

Allowing Trump to appear in front of an audience exclusively comprised of people who are likely sympathetic to Trump -- and then turn over the questions to that group -- is irresponsible
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

It would be easy to get Trump to agree to appear in front of an audience like that, and then slip in a few folks who agree to ask some embarrassing questions. Just sayin'. :whistle:

(We can always dream...)
chancery
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by chancery »

p0rtia wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:24 pm I trust I didn't suggest that differences would be made. Other than the fact that the more people are open about sexual harassment they've endured, and how it is buried, accepted, and otherwise victim-blamed by society, the better.

I am not a fan of the approach to life that unless differences are immediately and specifically made, the action under discussion is pointless. In fact, I think this approach is killing our society.

Anyway, good discussion!
Oh, well those are good points, and I agree with you.

I was focussing on slightly, er ..., different differences, namely whether victims speaking out will reduce Trump's support, heretofore seemingly unaffected by his vile behavior. Even a small reduction in support would be important.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

Ah, I get you! As I said to someone who was saying the verdict was bad because it would only solidify MAGA: you can't further solidify lead.

And it's a given that these bubble-bot terrorists will be moved to reconsider. (Listening to the radio in the car today, I heard a MAGAt saying "Everybody's made a mistake in their lives. You can't condemn someone for one single thing they said that was wrong." Seriously.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

chancery wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:24 pm Not doubting that Trump is a a major harasser of women, just skeptical that enough will come out to make a difference. But we'll see.
Aren't we up to like a dozen or something? If that's not enough, there isn't any number that would be enough.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:17 pm
chancery wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:24 pm Not doubting that Trump is a a major harasser of women, just skeptical that enough will come out to make a difference. But we'll see.
Aren't we up to like a dozen or something? If that's not enough, there isn't any number that would be enough.
I think the number I heard was 15. The E. Jean Carroll win may perhaps give some of them the courage to take it all the way to court. They are all in a special club.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

Three dozen or more. My point remains that these cases need to be brought to light for the individuals involved and for whatever effect it has on society, regardless of the obvious intractability of MAGA. Drawing a comparison with a racist murderer like Chauvin; the goal of the trial was not to change him or his racist followers.
chancery
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by chancery »

:yeahthat:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

busterbunker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:21 am I always advise against doing jury duty.
That would be anathema to my high school civics teacher, who told us:

"Here we will discuss many of your civil rights, but first we'll discuss your two civic duties...first is to vote, no matter form whom, but to get out and vote when you're of age. Second is jury duty, every person in this country deserve to have the evidence in their case presented to an impartial panel of citizens for the comunity that wil weigh and measure it to determine what is fact..."

Those words are still with me 30 years later...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

p0rtia wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:26 pm
Three dozen or more. My point remains that these cases need to be brought to light for the individuals involved and for whatever effect it has on society, regardless of the obvious intractability of MAGA. Drawing a comparison with a racist murderer like Chauvin; the goal of the trial was not to change him or his racist followers.
Yeah, I get it. I'm just worried that it won't matter. Before Trump and Access Hollywood, people resigned when these sorts of allegations were brought out into the open. Now it's like, well, let's see if we can weather this. I'm thinking of folks like Al Franken who resigned, and Virginia Governor Northam (blackface) and Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax (sexual assault), who did not resign. To me, this isn't about Trump or MAGA, but the overall effect that normalizing that kind of behavior is having on all kinds of people.

I'm not saying Northam or Fairfax necessarily should have resigned, or Franken shouldn't have resigned, because the facts of every case are different. But I'm worried that we're heading into no one resigns ever territory (Santos is a good example of that).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dave from down under »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:59 pm
busterbunker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:21 am I always advise against doing jury duty.
That would be anathema to my high school civics teacher, who told us:

"Here we will discuss many of your civil rights, but first we'll discuss your two civic duties...first is to vote, no matter form whom, but to get out and vote when you're of age. Second is jury duty, every person in this country deserve to have the evidence in their case presented to an impartial panel of citizens for the comunity that wil weigh and measure it to determine what is fact..."

Those words are still with me 30 years later...

If you don’t participate in both then you shouldn’t complain about either.

Voting here is easy and mandatory
While there are ways out of jury duty - there is support for doing your duty and being on a jury.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:46 pm If you don’t participate in both then you shouldn’t complain about either.

Voting here is easy and mandatory
While there are ways out of jury duty - there is support for doing your duty and being on a jury.
Generally I agree with you. In this particular instance, however, if your name leaks then you and your family would clearly be in danger.

It would be hard to condemn someone just trying to keep their family safe. But this is why we are likely to have a scarcity of elections workers in the future. It just isn't worth the danger to everyone.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

It’s hard living in a failing state.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

He could rape someone on stage at a rally, and some people would make excuses for him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

His cultists would cheer him along :(
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

trump (the former guy)

Post by Luke »

Here's another alternative -- a FULL HOUR of Baby Shark repeated over and over! Foggy was so delighted with the post in his topic, he very well be watching this right now. :P

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:47 pm Here's another alternative -- a FULL HOUR of Baby Shark repeated over and over! Foggy was so delighted with the post in his topic, he very well be watching this right now. :P
I HATE YOU. :lol: :twisted:

Off to CNN I do go... livenewson.com
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Showtime!

I am not an expert on menswear and business suits, but is that jacket too tight and should the bottom of his tie be showing like that?
busterbunker

trump (the former guy)

Post by busterbunker »

He's playing to the audience and this audience is putrid. Shame on CNN, this is stupid. Go Knicks.
neonzx

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

busterbunker wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:26 pm He's playing to the audience and this audience is putrid. Shame on CNN, this is stupid.
I know, it is horrible. But the audience is MAGAs and "undeclared" voters -- no Dems. What a crock of sh*t.
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I liked the suggestions. Thread title updated.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Luke »

He's learned nothing. Agree, the audience is ridiculous. Kaitlyn used to work at Daily Caller, she's letting him get away with a lot. Whatever. That's the last time watching him this year.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”