INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by AndyinPA »

:bunny:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

When you're not first, you don't get as good a deal. FELONY. They talked about him not being able to vote, own guns, etc. Chesebro not being able to vote would be cosmic justice.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 13m
LIVE COURTROOM COVERAGE:
🧀 KENNETH CHESEBRO PLEA DEAL IN GEORGIA ELECTION SUBVERSION CASE!
Third plea deal. No RICO trial preview for Trump & Co. #DominosFalling #SidneyPowell #RaySmith 🇺🇸 #DemocracyWins #FaniWillis
youtube.com
State v. Kenneth Chesebro

ABC News: Chesebro will plead guilty to a single felony charge of conspiracy to commit filing of false documents and receive five years' probation and a $5,000 fine, in exchange for agreeing to testify and provide documents and evidence.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Who will cave next? Jenna Ellis? Wonder what was found in the discovery that made Squidney and Chesebro to change their minds?

Interesting the stuff they got him to admit to in court, including being on the Capitol grounds on 1/6. Bet Jack Smith is paying close attention :popcorn:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:25 pm Who will cave next? Jenna Ellis?
Ellis is on the outs with tfg, she is firmly in team DeSantis.

So... Not a bad guess.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

Post by June bug »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:05 pm When you're not first, you don't get as good a deal. FELONY. They talked about him not being able to vote, own guns, etc. Chesebro not being able to vote would be cosmic justice.
If and when he successfully completes his probation and satisfies all the other plea conditions, the felony will be expunged. So he’d be able to vote, own guns and, I presume, practice law.
raison de arizona

Good thread on cheezy-bro.
Lisa Rubin @lawofruby wrote: NEW: You will hear some folks say today that Chesebro’s plea is an indication of how weak Willis’s case was. Don’t buy into that. Here’s why: 1/

Trials are expensive for everyone involved—and that’s especially true of a trial expected to last five months or more. In addition to Chesebro’s own legal fees—and it’s unclear who, if anyone, other than Chesebro contributed to his legal defense costs—the county would have sustained costs of its own. 2/

A trial would have consumed the existing team for months while others litigate pretrial motions and discovery issues with the remaining defendants. 3/

But most importantly, it would have given those defendants — including Rudy, Eastman, Meadows, & Trump — a preview of the DA’s case. (My non-litigator of a husband has been pounding the table on this point for weeks; yes, honey, you were right.) 4/

And in the meantime, there were some uncertainties: Meadows’s appeal on removal is still pending in the 11th Circuit, which sought supplemental briefing in light of a recent opinion. The question of whether removal for one means removal for all is also open. 5/

On the other hand, Chesebro’s value as a witness cannot be underscored. He is the real mastermind of the fake elector strategy and worked with multiple co-defendants — Rudy, Trump campaign director of Election Day operations Mike Roman, and of course, the better known John Eastman — to execute it. 6/

He also communicated with the GA fake electors, three of whom remain defendants in the Fulton County case. In some respects, he is connective tissue between those who carried out the scheme and those who devised it.

So the bottom line is this: Chesebro took his shot at case-ending motions and removal, but ultimately, being the sole defendant in a months-long RICO trial where he literally papered some of the crimes in question was no one’s idea of a good move.

And Willis? She’s much more interested in holding her cards and getting his cooperation than in Chesebro’s serving time. Everybody wins. Except several remaining defendants. FIN.
https://x.com/lawofruby/status/1715404129516871882?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

The lawyers involved, the architects of the plan to steal the election, are getting off w/pretty light penalties.

Amazing and dismaying to me that Powell & Chesebro don’t have to spend a single day in prison for willfully and knowingly putting our democracy in great peril. :mad:
bob

Post by bob »

NewMexGirl wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:59 pm The lawyers involved, the architects of the plan to steal the election, are getting off w/pretty light penalties.

Amazing and dismaying to me that Powell & Chesebro don’t have to spend a single day in prison for willfully and knowingly putting our democracy in great peril. :mad:
While frustrating, that's the nature of plea agreements: early birds get good worms.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

NewMexGirl wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:59 pm The lawyers involved, the architects of the plan to steal the election, are getting off w/pretty light penalties.

:yeahthat:

Michael Cohen went off on this topic at length on his Meidas Touch pod yesterday. More agonized than angry. He is at once aware that there is a big picture, but also horrified that these insurrectionists are getting off with the wrist slap, when he got a three year jail sentence.

And when he details some of the things he was punished for (like having to pay a $50,000 fine for reading through the contract between what's her name the Playboy model and the tabloid who paid her off on Fuckhead's behalf), you get his point. He was a schmuck and did a lot of legal bullying for fuckhead, but he was railroaded. Which I'm also okay with--except that everyone else involved, fuckhead, Weisselburg, and the publisher--got off Scott free.
June bug

Post by June bug »

bob wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:05 pm

While frustrating, that's the nature of plea agreements: early birds get good worms.
I thought I heard Cheseboro affirming that he understands that any info or testimony he provides can be used against him in any other proceeding, state or federal. Can anyone confirm that?
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Intellectually, I am aware of the nature of plea deals. Fortunately, as an IANAL, I don’t have to be reasonable and judicious. :kiss:
raison de arizona

June bug wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:13 pm

I thought I heard Cheseboro affirming that he understands that any info or testimony he provides can be used against him in any other proceeding, state or federal. Can anyone confirm that?
That is my understanding, but I'm not recalling specifically hearing it. Could be a me thing though.

Things I do recall:
  • Chesebro lives in Puerto Rico and wants his probation transferred there.
  • Chesebro has to do 100 hours of community service.
  • Chesebro got 5 years probation, but with good behavior and whatnot it will terminate after 3 years.
  • Chesebro has to pay $5k to Georgia in restitution.
  • If Chesebro reneges on anything, he will face up to 5 years in the pokey on the charge he has already pleaded to, in addition to being eligible for the rest of the charges to come back. Is my undertanding.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

That 5 years in the pokey for Cheesy if he doesn't keep his end of the bargain – testifying truthfully about his fellow travelers on the conspiracy train, The Insurrection Express – must surely be a heck of an incentive to comply.

Drop a friend in it or stare at window bars? Friend? No sir, I hardly knew him!

Makes one wish that Cheesy shits his pants while testifying in such a way that he finds himself in penitential accommodation for a year or two. As he richly deserves.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Are we entitled now to change his name to Pleasbro?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Gift link to a New York Times article all about Kenneth Chesebro -

From Bush v. Gore to ‘Stop the Steal’: Kenneth Chesebro’s Long, Strange Trip
In January 2001, Kenneth Chesebro was a mild-mannered Harvard lawyer toiling for Al Gore during the 2000 presidential election recount battle. Two decades later, on Jan. 6, 2021, he joined the mob outside the Capitol, reborn as a MAGA-hatted kingpin.

On Friday, Mr. Chesebro’s journey took another turn, when he pleaded guilty in a criminal racketeering indictment in Fulton County, Ga., and agreed to testify against former President Donald J. Trump and other co-defendants, including Rudolph W. Giuliani and several other top Trump aides.

Mr. Chesebro, 62, a workaholic who brought platinum credentials to Mr. Trump’s shambolic legal team, is the third defendant to plead guilty for his role in what prosecutors say was a criminal conspiracy to create fraudulent slates of pro-Trump electors in six states, including Georgia, that Joseph R. Biden Jr. had won.

Mr. Chesebro’s trial, which had been scheduled to begin Monday, will no longer go forward. Liberal lawyers from his former life had hoped it would provide clues to an enduring mystery: What happened to “The Cheese?’’

“I still don’t see what should have been a warning sign,” Laurence H. Tribe, the Harvard constitutional law scholar who was Mr. Chesebro’s mentor, said in an interview. “Was there anything I could or should have done?”

Some former colleagues say Mr. Chesebro’s 180-degree turn came after a lucrative 2014 investment in Bitcoin and a subsequent posh, itinerant lifestyle. Others, like Mr. Tribe, see Mr. Chesebro as a “moral chameleon” and his story an old one about the seduction of power.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks for the link.

It's what I had heard before about his suddenly becoming rich, but I still feel like something is missing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chesebro attorney argues client never believed Trump’s ‘big lie’ of election fraud

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... ion-fraud/
“First of all, Mr. Chesebro never believed in ‘The Big Lie,’” attorney Scott Grubmann said Saturday in an interview on MSNBC. “If you ask Mr. Chesebro today who won the 2020 presidential election, he would say Joe Biden.”

Chesebro became the second of Trump’s former lawyers to accept a plea agreement in the case brought by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis. He pleaded guilty Friday to conspiracy to file false documents relating to his attempts to set up a regime of fake electoral college votes in Georgia. His trial was scheduled to start Monday.

Prosecutors claimed the former lawyer wrote legal memos on behalf of the Trump campaign creating a false legal backing for the fake elector scheme.

As part of the plea, the former lawyer agreed to testify in future cases if called upon. That would include the trial of former President Trump, scheduled for early next year.

Grubmann said Chesebro’s guilty plea doesn’t implicate any other defendants, and that Trump should “not be worried.”

“He did not implicate anyone else. He implicated himself in that particular charge,” he said. “He is required to testify truthfully if he is called by the state, and Mr. Chesebro is a man of his word.”

“At the same time I will say, if he is called by a defendant he will testify and testify truthfully,” Grumman added.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

If Cheesy claims he didn't believe the "teh election was stollen!" lie, that seems to me to be more of an admission of guilt and conspiracy to insurrectify and unethical.

Doesn't that put his law license in jeopardy?

Or should all those lawyers found guilty by conviction or plea deal kiss their law licenses a sad goobye?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol: Bruce Rivers turns legal talk into entertainment. Also, does a good job of explaining law to those of us not in the legal profession. As do many of the IAALs here. He's a hoot and I enjoyed this one.

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

IANAL, but DJT may have just committed witness tampering by speaking about Powell.

As part of Powell's conditions for release she must give testimony in the upcoming cases against her codefendants. Trump clearly knows she plead out. So, he should know she will appear as a witness for the prosecution. Yet he gives testimony in a public forum outside the court against her stating she was never his lawyer.

Mother Mary on a bisquit. His lawyers need to stollen his phones for their own good. Otherwise he can claim incompetent representation afterwards. Yes, it will be like taking fish from a gator's mouth, but it needs to be done.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

He has to be careful, in case all his lawyers plead out and it turns out none of them ever represented him at all. Because how is he supposed to claim advice of counsel as a criminal defense, if he never did have any lawyers, and never did get any legal advice? :confuzzled:

How to tell a hardcore Trump supporter: Ask them to spell the word stolen. :mrgreen:

Also, Squidney couldn't possibly have represented him, because she would have been conflicted, and even though that's not accurate legalese, Prisoner #P01135809 knows the law better than all the lawyers (Tom Fitton says so), and he would never, never have an attorney who could possibly have a conflict of interest. :liar: :liar: :liar:

'Course, he never paid her, or Roodles, or anybody else a nickel when it was all going down. There won't be a retainer agreement or any canceled checks. :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:59 am
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:39 am no, not Hillarys emails ;)
:snippity:
But but but but but …
… the prosecutors have these thousands of emails from the treasonators and others …
… why oh why oh why haven't they acquired a similar number of emails from Democrats and those who claim the election wasn't rigged? Haven't they looked properly? Why not?

It's all corrupt, corrupt I say, corrrrruppppttt!

Charlie don't surf, ANTIFA don't email.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

In the shadowy world where secrets are currency, Sidney Powell, known in the underworld as 'The Squid', and Kenneth Chesebro, code-named 'The Cheese', were players who surprised even the most seasoned operatives. The Kraken, once a symbol of dread, has found a formidable adversary.

Whispers of a clandestine operation echoed through the hallowed halls of the Fulton County courthouse. The sound of pawnails, like a rain of bullets, echoed on the roof, hinting at a covert operation in progress.

Details were scarce, but court staff murmured about an unlikely mastermind - a furious pack of dachshunds. The janitorial staff found an unexpected clue - an abundance of pup-peroni. The plot thickened.

Cornered by the relentless march of events, 'The Squid' and 'The Cheese' had no choice but to plead guilty. But then, a helicopter's roar sliced through the air, and as suddenly as they had begun, the pawnails ceased. The consensus was clear - this was the work of the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment, a covert unit of the Imperial Illuminati Air Force. Their mission remains shrouded in mystery.

In the world of espionage, a stern warning echoes in the shadows: Beware, malefactors. The 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment, an elite force shrouded in secrecy, has its eyes on every move. Their vigilance is unyielding, their reach, global. No misdeed goes unnoticed under their watchful gaze. The game of cat and mouse has begun. The stakes? Higher than ever.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”