TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Post by bill_g »

IOW, the weather report is precipitation.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
📉 Trump swindles his followers — again

Dana Milbank column in WaPo FREE GIFT LINK: https://wapo.st/4adxVND

#Worthless: $DJT is down again. "If you bought $DJT during last week’s IPO at the peak of $79.38 a share, your $100K was worth only $57,000 this week when the stock hit a low of $45.26 — a 43% loss in just 3 trading days." Worse now. Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. (DJT) As of 12:52PM EDT. $42.32 -$3.83 (-8.30%). As of 01:01PM ET. #TruthSocial #PravdaSocial #TrumpMedia

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Word on the street is that it is headed for single digits eventually.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Nothing a Sharpie can't fix.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

just now:
Market Summary
> Trump Media & Technology Group Corp
41.12 USD −5.03 (10.90%)
today
5 Apr, 14:20 GMT-4 • Disclaimer
raison de arizona

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:19 pm Nothing a Sharpie can't fix.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

? Kash Patel too. Also.
Chris Anderson @ChrisA0213 wrote: On March 25, #TMTG merged with DWAC, making #DonaldTrump billions on paper. The same day in Florida, #TMTG Corp. changed its name to #TMTG Sub Inc. Trump was removed as a director. Two days later Don Jr. was removed. Maybe it’s standard. Anyone know? #TruthSocial @MaryLTrump
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

This stock is going down like an Idaho Senator in a Minnesota airport restroom
Go Land Crabs!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Closed at 40.56
Down 12% today
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

It has been stated here that, in deals such as this, there is usually a clause that prohibits the recipient (TFG) from selling the stock they received for a period of several months from the date that the deal closed.

Does anyone know if the orange one's deal with DWAC contains such a clause?

It would be lovely schadenfreude if, by the time he can liquidate his stock, that it is worthless.
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:22 pm It has been stated here that, in deals such as this, there is usually a clause that prohibits the recipient (TFG) from selling the stock they received for a period of several months from the date that the deal closed.

Does anyone know if the orange one's deal with DWAC contains such a clause?

It would be lovely schadenfreude if, by the time he can liquidate his stock, that it is worthless.
Locked up for six months, no selling or using for collateral, according to Forbes. There are ways around it, however. A discussion (jump to 2:30):
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

cjroberts wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:04 pm This stock is going down like an Idaho Senator in a Minnesota airport restroom
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MTN Michael Popok comments on a loan that TMTG received during a cash shortage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

only the best
Who Is Anton Postolnikov? Kremlin-Linked Fintech Guru 'Saved Trump Media'

Published Apr 04, 2024 at 8:01 AM EDT
By Brendan Cole Senior News Reporter

Donald Trump's niece, Mary Trump, is among those who have raised questions about the Russian-American businessman Anton Postolnikov, who according to The Guardian kept afloat the former president's social media company Trump Media through emergency loans.

Trump may earn billions from the merger between Trump Media and Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Corporation, which took the parent company of Truth Social public on March 26 on the Nasdaq exchange with shares trading at a high of $78.

But a report by The Guardian about the links to the deal involving Postolnikov has sparked a strong reaction online, including from Mary Trump, who posted on X that her uncle "has shown time and again that he is willing to do business with anyone."

The Guardian said that regulators had opened a securities investigation into the merger in 2021 and that Trump Media spent a lot of money the following year as it waited for its stock market debut.

The paper said that Trump Media took emergency loans, two of which were worth $8 million, in the form of convertible promissory notes, from an entity called the ES Family Trust, which opened an account with Paxum Bank that is co-owned by Postolnikov.

Postolnikov is reportedly the nephew of Aleksandr Smirnov, a former Russian deputy minister of justice who worked in President Vladimir Putin's executive office up to 2017. Postolnikov is also the subject of a criminal investigation by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security over his role in the TMTG merger, The Guardian reported.

https://www.newsweek.com/postolnikov-pu ... in-1886745
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maria Bartiromo had Devin Mines on her show this morning to talk about the stock and stuff. Way over my head, but even Bartiromo seemed skeptical of Devin's version, but no push back in follow up questions. If anyone here with more education on the market and social media can queue it up and report back here, I'd be grateful :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
Just a nit to pick as it's driving me crazy listening to it on TV. I haven't heard one person pronounce it properly. It's Doe min I ca. Accent on the soft I.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:23 am Maria Bartiromo had Devin Mines on her show this morning to talk about the stock and stuff. Way over my head, but even Bartiromo seemed skeptical of Devin's version, but no push back in follow up questions. If anyone here with more education on the market and social media can queue it up and report back here, I'd be grateful :bighug:
:confuzzled: :think: Devin Nunes, perhaps?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump’s Big Mouth Could Cost Him Even More on Truth Social
Did Donald Trump violate SEC rules?

Hafiz Rashid
April 5, 2024/4:48 p.m. ET

Even after bragging about his assets and businesses got him in legal trouble, Donald Trump just can’t stop.

After a rough week for his new social media venture, Trump Media & Technology Group, or TMTG, the former president ranted on his Truth Social account Thursday about how great the platform is doing—at least, in his opinion. But Trump may have broken some Securities and Exchange Commission rules in the process.

The Truth Social posts in question could be seen as the former president trying to talk up his company to increase its stock price after a rough week. Trump Media’s initial public offering started strong last week, reaching a high of $79.38 per share. But then, SEC filings released on Monday showed that the company had losses in 2023 of a whopping $58 million, with just $4.1 million of revenue. Then, on Wednesday, two of the company’s top investors pleaded guilty to using the company’s private information to engage in insider trading.

As a result, TMTG’s stock price has dropped rapidly. It currently sits at just under $43 a share. To make matters worse, stock traders are short-selling the company, betting its share prices will plummet even further.

https://newrepublic.com/post/180479/tru ... broken-law

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:08 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:23 am Maria Bartiromo had Devin Mines on her show this morning to talk about the stock and stuff. Way over my head, but even Bartiromo seemed skeptical of Devin's version, but no push back in follow up questions. If anyone here with more education on the market and social media can queue it up and report back here, I'd be grateful :bighug:
Devin Nunes, perhaps?
Yes. Small tablet, pre coffee and autocorrect. :bag:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:13 pm

I bet we could rename every one of the trump threads "Shit trump Will Get Away With."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:55 pm

I bet we could rename every one of the trump threads "Shit trump Will Get Away With."
This market interference will need some time to develop. Let's wait until one sees some more quarter reportings. My bet is that some lawyer will be just in time before election to file a first lawsuit aainst the company and DJT as majority owner. The company made a wise move to remove him and Don Jr. from board positions. They do not (directly) represent the company any longer - fig leave stocks must be in high demand.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:56 pm
Off Topic
Just a nit to pick as it's driving me crazy listening to it on TV. I haven't heard one person pronounce it properly. It's Doe min I ca. Accent on the soft I.
Doe...

And we're still on the Sound of Music.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:55 pm

Nah. The search engine would come back with "too many common words" (or whatever the wording is)
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Gift link to a Washington Post article which I found interesting. I'm astounded that huge wages and bonuses are being paid out of a worthless company. Someone is going to be left holding the bag and the stock, in my view, is going to go to zero. :shrug: I dunno.

Truth Social lost $58 million last year. Here’s who made money anyway.

I found this one section interesting -
The lenders

Trump Media said it had helped fund its operations by issuing 19 convertible notes since 2021 in exchange for loans with a total face value of more than $40 million. The holders of those notes, most of whom the filings do not identify, can convert the unpaid principal into stock. The company said several of the notes had been amended or extended since they were issued, and that it had an “ongoing disagreement” with one noteholder over their “differing interpretations of certain terms.”

The company also said it had issued convertible notes to unnamed investors for “working capital purposes” during the last quarter of 2023, and that more than $1 million of the notes remained outstanding by the end of the year.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Screenshot_20240408-100741~2.png
Screenshot_20240408-100741~2.png (128.3 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”