Donald J. Trump 2024

much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm I want her to stay in until the bitter end just because it is giving tfg fits. :mrgreen:
Yes, that's exactly right. She's likely to keep hounding him about his mental decline, which will keep him on edge. He will probably try to retaliate by calling her names and other completely stupid stuff. This may reduce overall Republican enthusiasm for him, which is good for Biden.

Maybe I should donate to her campaign? :think:

Probably not.
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

Trump warns he will blacklist Nikki Haley campaign donors

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/25/trump-w ... onors.html
In a post overnight on the Truth Social social media platform, Trump said anyone who contributes to Haley’s platform “from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them.” The post did not specify whether he was also referring to donations given to a pro-Haley action committee.

Short for Make America Great Again, MAGA is the slogan that has reunited Trump’s political base since his first presidential campaign and his time in office during 2017 to 2021.

He recognized that the practice of campaign donors redirecting their resources toward a party candidate that emerges more successful is commonplace. “When I ran for Office and won, I noticed that the losing Candidate’s ‘Donors’ would immediately come to me, and want to ‘help out,’” he said. “This is standard in Politics, but no longer with me.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:15 pm :snippity:

Even if he dies, his base will believe that he was _obviously_ assassinated by team Biden.
Any way you cut it, American Democracy is in for a bumpy ride in 2025.
:yeahthat: :explode:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:12 am Trump warns he will blacklist Nikki Haley campaign donors

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/25/trump-w ... onors.html

:snippity:
Speaking the hidden part loudly: IFF he were to get elected the dictator will retaliate on his day one in office ....

now turn that into a slogan for the Democrats.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/brahmresnik/status/175060 ... 37475?s=20
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: BREAKING Donald Trump cancels appearance at @AZGOP "Freedom Fest" Friday night in Phoenix, per party spokeswoman. A lot of people have paid money for tickets to the event.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:58 pm https://x.com/brahmresnik/status/175060 ... 37475?s=20
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: BREAKING Donald Trump cancels appearance at @AZGOP "Freedom Fest" Friday night in Phoenix, per party spokeswoman. A lot of people have paid money for tickets to the event.
► Show Spoiler
Sorry, no refunds
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

I don't know the details, but, yeah, money is being left on the table.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Serious bullshit.
Mary L Trump @MaryLTrump wrote: I don't agree with Mitt Romney on mostly anything, but every Republican voter should see this:

Mitt Romney: “I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump. And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn't want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is really appalling."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

:? :? :? :?

Republican National Committee considering move that would declare Trump the presumptive nominee

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/politics ... index.html
A draft resolution circulating among the Republican National Committee would formally declare Donald Trump the Republican Party’s 2024 presumptive nominee.

While the former president would still need to reach the delegate requirements necessary to win the nomination, if the resolution is approved, he would have access to the RNC’s data operation, benefit from fundraising with the RNC, and have the support of all of the committee’s ground operations. It would also mean the committee would be supporting Trump and effectively opposing former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley – an unprecedented break from the party’s past approach to the nominating process.

The resolution, which is being reviewed by the RNC, was proposed by David Bossie, an RNC committeeman from Maryland who recently endorsed Trump. The resolution was first reported by The Dispatch on Thursday. A draft copy of the resolution was obtained independently by CNN.

“RESOLVED that the Republican National Committee hereby declares President Trump as our presumptive 2024 nominee for the office of President of the United States and from this moment forward moves into full general election mode welcoming supporters of all candidates as valued members of Team Trump 2024,” the resolution reads.

An RNC spokesperson declined to comment.

The Haley campaign brushed off the resolution and said GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel should organize a debate ahead of the South Carolina primary at the end of February.

“Who cares what the RNC says? We’ll let millions of Republican voters across the country decide who should be our party’s nominee, not a bunch of Washington insiders,” Haley spokeswoman Olivia Perez-Cubas said in a statement. “If Ronna McDaniel wants to be helpful she can organize a debate in South Carolina, unless she’s also worried that Trump can’t handle being on the stage for 90 minutes with Nikki Haley.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't like Haley, don't want her to win the nomination (I'm afraid she'll beat Biden) but I'm loving the sass. And knowing it's making the OSG lose his freakin' mind is icing on the cake.
ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:32 pm Serious bullshit.
Mary L Trump @MaryLTrump wrote: I don't agree with Mitt Romney on mostly anything, but every Republican voter should see this:

Mitt Romney: “I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump. And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn't want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is really appalling."
What's even more appalling is that the GOP rank and file are willing to go along with this.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump wants to impose a 10% tariff. Here's what happened when Nixon tried the same thing.

Ben Werschkul·Washington Correspondent
Sun, January 28, 2024 at 3:00 PM GMT+1·

It was Aug. 15, 1971, and then-President Richard Nixon delivered an address to the nation to lay out a new economic approach for a country beset by economic worries and challenges to the US dollar.

A key prong of his plan was an "import surcharge" — in effect a new tariff — of 10% across America's trading relationships to prop up US business in the face of what Nixon called unfair exchange rates.

"This import tax is a temporary action, it isn't directed against any other country," Nixon said. "When the unfair treatment is ended, the import tax will end as well."
The measure was implemented by executive order but was gone by the end of that year.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/dona ... 02092.html
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

The search for Trump’s running mate: ‘like auditions for The Apprentice’
At issue is whether potential vice-presidents, from Elise Stefanik to Tim Scott, could assume control – and whether Trump cares

David Smithn Washington
Sun 28 Jan 2024 12.00 CET

The last person who occupied the job of US vice-president ended up the target of a violent mob calling for him to be hanged. Even so, as Donald Trump closes in on the Republican nomination for 2024, there is no shortage of contenders eager to be his deputy.

It is safe to assume that Mike Pence, who was Trump’s running mate in 2016 and 2020, will not get the job this time. His refusal to comply with his boss’s demand to overturn the last election caused a permanent rift and made Pence a perceived traitor and target of the January 6 insurrectionists.

Undeterred, Trump’s campaign surrogates in the recent Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary, both of which he won handily, have been trying to outdo each other with extravagant displays of fealty. “It’s very clear he’s holding these open auditions like it’s The Apprentice,” said Kurt Bardella, a Democratic strategist. “He will flirt with everyone. He will make them dance. They will all debase themselves and humiliate themselves and jockey for that spot.”

When he first ran for president in 2016, Trump understood that he needed a vice-presidential pick who could help shore up support among Republican evangelicals and social conservatives, who were suspicious of the thrice-married reality TV star. Pence, the then Indiana governor and fierce social conservative, was from what Trump likes to call central casting.

This year Trump’s allies and Republican strategists believe that he needs help attracting suburban swing voters in a handful of battleground states, where November’s election will likely be decided. Many commentators therefore predict that he will choose a woman or a person of colour, especially since the demise of the constitutional right to abortion.

Michael Steele, a former chair of the Republican National Committee, said one of the factors important to Trump is “just how much of a sycophant they would be, not just in terms of ‘Oh, I love you, Donald Trump’, but do you love me enough when I tell you to violate your oath of office in the constitution that you’ll do it?’ And that person for me is Elise Stefanik.”

Stefanik, 39, the highest-ranking woman in the Republican conference in the House of Representatives and one of the first members of Congress to endorse Trump, appears to have timed her run perfectly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nning-mate
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

He will stretch this out for as long as he can as (a) he knows that not making a decision will generate column inches about HIM!!!, and (b) it will keep people flattering him in a desperate attempt to be the person. Then he will toss it at someone no-one has heard of in order to make everyone equally pissed off, but unable to say anything as it will make them look hypocritical if they complain.. Plus such a person will have no profile separate from Him and will therefore be totally dependent on him, and will be unlikely to take attention away from HIM!!!

Ya it wont be Stephanic, she has too much of a profile and might take an inch of the Newspaper coverage that is his as a divine right. The more the press covers a candidate the less likely it will be that candidate.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sarah Suckabee.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:58 pm https://x.com/brahmresnik/status/175060 ... 37475?s=20
► Show Spoiler
Isn't that his GA jailhouse picture cleaned up, and a new background added?
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:52 am https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... d1c4d62583
Some Attendees At Donald Trump's Autoworkers Speech Were Total Frauds: Report
The crowd included people exposed by a local newspaper for carrying misleading signs.

Tsk tsk tsk .....

Turns out that according to the campaign finance reporting they paid $20'000 to the company to stage the event.

recommended viewing the first 2 mins (Ben Meiselas speaking)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:53 am
Suranis wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:52 am
recommended viewing the first 2 mins (Ben Meiselas speaking)

https://youtu.be/fTAEskPhohQ
No, I don't listen to "commentary" and the info has been previously provided. But thanks. 8-)
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:02 am No, I don't listen to "commentary" and the info has been previously provided. But thanks. 8-)
Once the content started being really monetized, the commentary started going way downhill. I mean this in general regarding social/political/cultural commentary, not just about MT. I find that the educated but hobbyist video posters -- i.e., talented professionals using their skills but just not monetizing the video content -- tend to post with more substantive thoughts.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:02 am No, I don't listen to "commentary" and the info has been previously provided. But thanks. 8-)
Once the content started being really monetized, the commentary started going way downhill. I mean this in general regarding social/political/cultural commentary, not just about MT. I find that the educated but hobbyist video posters -- i.e., talented professionals using their skills but just not monetizing the video content -- tend to post with more substantive thoughts.
And not nearly as many CAPS and !!!s and BREAKING and assorted other "you won't BELIEVE this" SHOCKING hooks to get you to watch it. My "ONE CRAZY TRICK" is to ignore them and just get my news and videos from legit news sources.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump's Criminal Stooge REVEALS Secret Plans on FOREIGN TV

MeidasTouch
5 Feb 2024

Anthony Davis reports on Steve Bannon's recent appearance on a foreign TV show where he opened up about his plans to take over and destroy the federal government if Trump is reelected.

RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

‘In a word, horrific’: Trump’s extreme anti-environment blueprint
Allies and advisers have hinted at a more methodical second term: driving forward fossil fuel production, sidelining scientists and overturning rules

Oliver Milman and Dharna Noor
Tue 6 Feb 2024 12.00 CET

The United States’s first major climate legislation dismantled, a crackdown on government scientists, a frenzy of oil and gas drilling, the Paris climate deal not only dead but buried.

A blueprint is emerging for a second Donald Trump term that is even more extreme for the environment than his first, according to interviews with multiple Trump allies and advisers.

In contrast to a sometimes chaotic first White House term, they outlined a far more methodical second presidency: driving forward fossil fuel production, sidelining mainstream climate scientists and overturning rules that curb planet-heating emissions.

“Trump will undo everything [Joe] Biden has done, he will move more quickly and go further than he did before,” said Myron Ebell, who headed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) transition team for Trump’s first term. “He will act much more expeditiously to impose his agenda.”

The prized target for Trump’s Republican allies, should the former president defeat Joe Biden in November’s election, will be the Inflation Reduction Act, the landmark $370bn bill laden with support for clean energy projects and electric vehicles. Ebell said the legislation, signed by Biden in 2022 with no Republican votes, was “the biggest defeat we’ve suffered”.

Carla Sands, a key environment adviser to the pro-Trump America First Policy Institute who has criticized Biden’s “apocalyptic green fantasies”, said: “Our nation needs a level regulatory playing field for all forms of energy to compete. Achieving this level playing field will require the repeal of the energy and environment provisions within the Inflation Reduction Act.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... econd-term
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

So you're saying fuckhead wants to turn the USA into Mordor?
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

What is this bullshit about whether you were better off four years ago? Four years ago, all the restaurants closed (among other things) and hundreds of thousands lost their jobs. We were worried about groceries, cleaning supplies, they were in short supply. And I can't be the only person that struggled GETTING TOILET PAPER. Basic things were near impossible to locate. The school were closed. The offices were closed, everyone had to work from home. It was a Pretty Big Deal. Morans.

Fuck no I wasn't better off four years ago.

Asshats.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm What is this bullshit about whether you were better off four years ago? Four years ago, all the restaurants closed (among other things) and hundreds of thousands lost their jobs. We were worried about groceries, cleaning supplies, they were in short supply. And I can't be the only person that struggled GETTING TOILET PAPER. Basic things were near impossible to locate. The school were closed. The offices were closed, everyone had to work from home. It was a Pretty Big Deal. Morans.

Fuck no I wasn't better off four years ago.

Asshats.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “US President”