INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Volkonski »

Trump waives right to speedy trial as Georgia prosecutor seeks to try him with 18 others next month

https://apnews.com/article/trump-waives ... 35c9434299
Former President Donald Trump and some other defendants are waiving their right to seek a speedy trial in the Georgia case in which they are accused of participating in an illegal scheme to overturn his loss in the 2020 presidential election.

Trump’s waiver of his speedy trial right was filed Tuesday on the heels of a brief filed by Willis’ office arguing that all the defendants should be tried together because of efficiency and fairness issues. Prosecutors said holding several lengthy trials instead of one beginning on Oct. 23 would “create an enormous strain on the judicial resources” of the court and would favor the defendants tried later, who would have the advantage of seeing the state’s evidence and arguments ahead of time.

The filings are part of the legal maneuvering as Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willisseeks to try all 19 defendants together starting next month. Most of the defendants have sought to separate their cases from some or all of the others, with many saying they will not be ready by Oct. 23, when a trial has been set for two defendants who have already filed demands for a speedy trial. The judge has expressed skepticism that all defendants could go to trial that day.

Trump was the first to file the speedy trial waiver. The early front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, Trump has previously sought to slow proceedings in his other criminal cases while he seeks a return to the White House in the 2024 election. He is facing prosecution in a state case in New York, as well as federal cases in Washington and Florida.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Flashing on the bottom of CNN, Fulton Co. Prosecutors give names of unindicted co-conspirators to Chesebro and Powell.
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

Now that the early birds have been severed, they can use the coffee boy defense - "I don't even know who this Trump fella is. Maybe he brought me coffee once."
Go Land Crabs!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was up too early, but if I'm following this correctly, some of the defense attorneys want to speak directly to the grand jurors? Oh, and I missed it, but prosecutors dumped a box of discovery on the defense table, Powell and Chesebro I think.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Judge severs Trump's Georgia election interference case, and 16 others, from trial starting in October

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-severs- ... =103185589
The judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case has severed the case, ordering that 17 defendants -- including Donald Trump -- will not be tried alongside speedy trial defendants Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell on Oct. 23.

Judge Scott McAfee said severing the remaining 17 defendants was "a procedural and logistical inevitability," and did not rule out the possibility that "additional divisions" may be required later.

The judge, however, said that any defendant who does not waive their right to speedy trial before Oct. 23 will "immediately" join the trial. Trump has already waived his speedy trial rights.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fulton County prosecutors hand over list of 30 unindicted co-conspirators to Chesebro and Powell

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/14/politics ... index.html
The two Georgia election subversion defendants headed to trial next month will get access to more information from prosecutors, including grand jury materials and details about unindicted co-conspirators, a judge decided Thursday.

Fulton County prosecutors on Thursday provided the names of the 30 unindicted co-conspirators in the election subversion case to the defendants, and Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said he would give defendants access to some witness transcripts from the special grand jury that recommended that charges be brought.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:06 am I was up too early, but if I'm following this correctly, some of the defense attorneys want to speak directly to the grand jurors? Oh, and I missed it, but prosecutors dumped a box of discovery on the defense table, Powell and Chesebro I think.

Here's what I heard: They want to quiz the jurors or whether or not they saw the whole list of charges or just a summary of the charges. I think. Too also, maybe quiz them on whether or not they were coerced??? Maybe.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

The Cheese and Squidney want to talk to the grand jurors in the same way that Alex Murdaugh's lawyers talked to the jury and got two of them to write up affidavits alleging the Clerk of Court tried to lead them to a guilty verdict. I know this isn't the Murdaugh thread, but I will give some backstory and I'm wondering if Cheese's attorneys aren't seeing what's happening with the Murdaugh case and thinking "there's an idea". In Murdaugh case a juror was bumped from the jury right before deliberations. It seems clear that she blames the Clerk of Court for getting her bumped. She did not deliberate, but was one of the two jurors that signed affidavits with allegations about the Clerk of Court trying to interfere with the jury verdict. I don't know of the other juror who signed an affidavit was an alternate or actually sat and deliberated. They also talked to two other jurors and the paralegal wrote up a synopsis of what they said, but they both declined to sign those statements. So, at best the defense might possibly have one juror that actually sat through deliberations that signed an affidavit alleging what would certainly be questionable behavior by the Clerk of Court, but probably not enough to get another trial, what IANAL so I don't really know what it takes to throw out a conviction and start all over. But I would think it would take quite a bit since the jurors were all polled at the end and all seemed pretty clear that "yes" this is my verdict. And none of them came forward until the defense lawyers contacted the one that got thrown off the jury and she was only too happy to give them something because she needs to defend her honor after getting booted from the jury after the judge determined she had talked about the trial, evidence, and her opinions to people outside of the jury all during the trial.

So, Chesebro's attorneys want to talk to the grand jurors and from what I could gather they are hoping to get some kind of evidence that the special grand jury did all this work and the grand jury was used just to rubber stamp and not actually come to their own conclusions. At least that's what I thought the attorney was getting at. The trial judge hasn't actually committed to them being able to talk to them, but seems like if that does happen he is going to put pretty strict limits on it. He's asked them to draw up a list of questions that they want to ask and also to basically give him an argument for each question as to why they need to ask that question. It's not going to be the witch hunt that Murdaugh's lawyers went on, knocking on doors and confronting them in person. It sounds like they converged on some of those jurors with a large contingent, which would be pretty intimidating I would suspect. I think most people would be shocked and unprepared to open their door and see both of Murdaugh's lawyers along with their paralegals asking if they really truly, absolutely, now that you have had time to think about still think he's guilty.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: Puh-leeze!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:13 am The Cheese and Squidney want to talk to the grand jurors in the same way that Alex Murdaugh's lawyers talked to the jury and got two of them to write up affidavits alleging the Clerk of Court tried to lead them to a guilty verdict.

:snippity:
That's Cheeze and Krackens to you!

:oldlady: :rotflmao:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Well, isn't it appropriate to serve Cheeze and Krakens before the main course? :confuzzled: :think:

I says, gobble 'em down!
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:55 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:13 am The Cheese and Squidney want to talk to the grand jurors in the same way that Alex Murdaugh's lawyers talked to the jury and got two of them to write up affidavits alleging the Clerk of Court tried to lead them to a guilty verdict.

:snippity:
That's Cheeze and Krackens to you!

:oldlady: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao:

— Demetri Martin
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Anna Bower is live tweeting Jeffrey Clark's bid to remove himself to the federal court. Clark is not testifying and the judge disallowed a statement he wanted entered in. Here's the beginning of the tweet thread -

Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

900 prospective jurors to be called for first trial in Georgia election interference case

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/900-pr ... rence-case
Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, both lawyers, are scheduled to go to trial on Oct. 23 after invoking their right to a speedy trial. They are being tried separately from former President Donal Trump and the other co-defendants.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee ordered subpoenas to be issued for 450 potential jurors to appear Oct. 20 and with 450 to appear on Oct. 27.

Fulton County District Attorney Fanni Willis wanted all 19 defendants in the cast to be tried together. But, Powell and Chesebro successfully asked for their cases to be separated. However, the judge denied a request to separate Powell and Chesebro.

Chesebro is accused of helping further the conspiracy to change the results of the election in Georgia, including participating in the effort to use so-called "alternate electors" to prevent Joe Biden from receiving Georgia's electoral votes.

Powell, who acted as one of Trump's lawyers after his loss to Biden, is accused of computer theft, trespass and invasion of privacy in relation to the effort to improperly access voting machines in rural Coffee County.
raison de arizona

Oops.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Shouldn’t a lawyer have known that?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Michael Popok comments on Clark

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:00 pm Shouldn’t a lawyer have known that?
Lawyers who makes the majors should.

These parking lot level ambulance chasers are hut and miss.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Interesting look at what happened in Coffee County.
CNN @CNN wrote: CNN’s @elspethreeve speaks to locals who believe the alleged Coffee County election office breach wasn’t an accident, but instead because of a long history of voter suppression. Watch:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Michael Popok on the latest filing of Chesboro. It includes info on the fake electors meeting. They had a court recorder take a protocol of the proceedings. Chesboro includes the transcript in his filings. A lawyer for the former guy was also at this meeting!

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

Ken Chesebro and Sidney Powell's defense teams have permission to seek voluntary interviews with the grand jurors who indicted them, a Georgia judge ruled.

Judge McAfee said he'll maintain oversight.
https://themessenger.com/politics/georg ... and-jurors
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

All the other norms are getting battered I guess why not this one too.

— Demetri Martin

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”