MN-Skeptic

Re: Trump's influence going forward

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:07 am
bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 am

But only because they don't make a 45R.
Nah, he's just flabby. A 50B will do.
I don't think he'll live long enough to be #50.
Just fat size, not presidential number.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:17 am
bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:07 am

Nah, he's just flabby. A 50B will do.
I don't think he'll live long enough to be #50.
Just fat size, not presidential number.
I think we have the beginnings of a SNL skit here.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Andrea Chalupa wrote:An ex-POTUS living in his Florida club of corruption that serves as his base camp for money laundering, espionage, and war room against America, and who is forever owned by the Kremlin, belongs in prison or a psychiatric ward. How he looks is irrelevant. He’s a traitor.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He made a "surprise" visit to a Sarah Huckabee speaking engagement a couple of hours ago. Saw it on the FOX News Facebook page. No link or details as who the fuck cares.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sarah Who?
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

My own suspicion that Trump may not be a well man, even for his age, is how he has refrained from calling his buddies on Faux News. This leads me to believe:

1) Fox doesn't trust him to refrain from mentioning the fraudulent Dominion Vote Count conspiracies.
2) His handlers don't trust him not to betray his weakness and dementia.
3) He is suffering from sort of post-viral generalized exhaustion that makes planning anything much in advance, especially for the evening, very dicey.

Sundowners? Covid-19 long hauler syndrome? Compromised pulmonary system due to COVID-19 pneumonia? (I had a friend who got pneumonia in her sixties. It took her years to get over it, though she did wean herself off of supplemental oxygen. Colorado is not kind to people who have lung problems.)
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

tek wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:53 pm I'm thinking that as time goes forward, Trump is going to have less and less influence on, well, everything.

And that is going to drive him to do more and more insane things.

Not clear how that will affect his sycophants in politics, but I suspect it could be trouble if they aren't careful. Which they aren't.
I certainly hope that this is the case. I think it will be, but I also think that he is going to have a lot of influence until the 2022 midterm elections. The republicans are terrified right now of being "primaried" from the right.

If his influence is shown, or at least believed, to be a help to republicans being (re)elected, his influence will continue. If not, his influence will continue to wane. If it shown that his endorsements actually hurt republicans, his influence will drop like a stone.

So, I think that we are going to be stuck with him for at least two years, unless he goes to jail first.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Republicans flock to Mar-a-Lago for Trump fundraising, photo-ops
The events likely bring lucrative deals for Trump's business.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/republicans-f ... itter_abcn
Republicans have been making the trip to Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort in Palm Beach, Florida, to meet with donors -- despite running for office in other states. While it’s common for politicians to travel outside of their state to reach bigger donors, in the age of Trump, meet-and-greets with Trump at what was once deemed the "Winter White House" -- and is now the full-time home of the former president -- have become a particularly attractive option.

Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders held a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago over the weekend with Trump making a "surprise appearance." A loyalist of Trump's since leaving the administration, Sanders is vying for the position her father, Mike Huckabee, held from 1996 to 2007 as governor of Arkansas.

"Great weekend on the campaign trail featuring a surprise appearance at one of my events by President Trump," Sanders tweeted on Sunday evening, along with a photo of her and the former president. Social media posts on Instagram show Sanders at Mar-a-Lago with former White House deputy chief of staff and social media director Dan Scavino and other guests at the fundraising event.

:snippity:

The price tags of the recent Mar-a-Lago fundraisers have not yet been publicly reported and it's unclear how much money the Trump allies are raking in from those fundraisers. But they're likely lucrative deals for the former president's business, based on the five to six-figure expenditures that the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and various other GOP allies have reported in connection with hosting fundraisers at Mar-a-Lago in recent years.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bbflatt wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:24 pm
northland10 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:14 pm
There is a fun feature from Canada revenue that shows that the IRS is not the most stringent agency around. If a business contributes to a charity, like a symphony, and the symphony prints names of donors, the business may not receive a tax deduction if they are listed as that is considered to be a benefit to the business (i.e. advertising). If the business chose not to be listed, they could receive the deduction.
I know virtually nothing about Canadian tax law, but it seems to me that if it is to be considered advertising it should still qualify as a business deduction.
I think their audits involve a hockey fight and is conducted in Quebec French (which is very different from French French). :cantlook:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:21 pm Republicans flock to Mar-a-Lago for Trump fundraising, photo-ops
The events likely bring lucrative deals for Trump's business.

I guess those half a bil in loans aren't gonna pay themselves.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders held a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago over the weekend with Trump making a "surprise appearance."
"surprise" my ass.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Huckabee the senior, attempting to preserve Trump’s influence on the youth.

He claims it’s unbiased! :lol:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Get 'em while they're young...and make a few bucks off it while you are at it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I've seen that before, it's actually creepy.

But it's a great gift, get the grans, watching OAN through an IV to sign up for subscriptions to make good little Fascists and they never notice that they're sending Hucks $12.95 a month forever.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:39 am Get 'em while they're young...and make a few bucks off it while you are at it.
That's the model the tobacco companies used...

Zee Furher wishes he could get their numbers....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”