Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Because once there is chaos, he can declare Martial Law, bring in the troops, and plan his perpetual leadership. His followers will love him until he turns his wrath on them. You have to wonder what the Third Reich was going to do once they "solved" the Jewish problem. Under Trump, we might find out.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And they were afraid video games were going to normalize violence. I've yet to hear of a drive-by banana peel or turtle shell attack.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
derevan

Post by derevan »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:42 am
derevan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:38 pm I'm down with Covid, so I'm watching a lot of the videos. At about 1 hr 31 min into this video, she podiums her lecturn, and the judge corrects her.

Made me smile.

Love it! “She podiums her lecturn.” Fogbow Snarkasaurus entry worthy!
Full disclosure, I got that from the Fogbow a long, long time ago. Can't remember who said it.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Hope you recover quickly, derevan. :bighug:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

derevan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:14 pm
derevan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:38 pm I'm down with Covid, so I'm watching a lot of the videos. At about 1 hr 31 min into this video, she podiums her lecturn, and the judge corrects her.

Made me smile.

Full disclosure, I got that from the Fogbow a long, long time ago. Can't remember who said it.
I seem to recall that it was some old guy out of California started that whole thing.

:oldman:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Yep
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:52 pm
derevan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:14 pm
I seem to recall that it was some old guy out of California started that whole thing.

:oldman:
Yep. The elder dude taught us all the difference between podium and lectern. *bow down we-are-not-worthy emoji*.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bill_g wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:10 pm Because once there is chaos, he can declare Martial Law, bring in the troops, and plan his perpetual leadership. His followers will love him until he turns his wrath on them. You have to wonder what the Third Reich was going to do once they "solved" the Jewish problem. Under Trump, we might find out.
Saw a reference to this today. A column from 1941 from an American journalist living in Germany at that time. She describes the types of people who would and would not become a Nazi.
It is an interesting and somewhat macabre parlor game to play at a large gathering of one’s acquaintances: to speculate who in a showdown would go Nazi. By now, I think I know. I have gone through the experience many times—in Germany, in Austria, and in France. I have come to know the types: the born Nazis, the Nazis whom democracy itself has created, the certain-to-be fellow-travelers. And I also know those who never, under any conceivable circumstances, would become Nazis.

Sometimes I think there are direct biological factors at work—a type of education, feeding, and physical training which has produced a new kind of human being with an imbalance in his nature. He has been fed vitamins and filled with energies that are beyond the capacity of his intellect to discipline. He has been treated to forms of education which have released him from inhibitions. His body is vigorous. His mind is childish. His soul has been almost completely neglected.
And then she goes on to describe different guests at a party. It's pretty chilling and boy have things changed NOT AT ALL.

https://harpers.org/archive/1941/08/who-goes-nazi/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Dorothy Thompson was a pretty big deal. She had lived in and reported from Germany, but she was expelled by the Nazi government in 1934, the first American journalist to be expelled. That was seven or so years before she wrote Who Goes Nazi?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Rolodex wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:29 pm
bill_g wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:10 pm Because once there is chaos, he can declare Martial Law, bring in the troops, and plan his perpetual leadership. His followers will love him until he turns his wrath on them. You have to wonder what the Third Reich was going to do once they "solved" the Jewish problem. Under Trump, we might find out.
Saw a reference to this today. A column from 1941 from an American journalist living in Germany at that time. She describes the types of people who would and would not become a Nazi.
That story is part of my concern. This country has already shown a great ability to objectify and persecute populations. Slavery and the conquest of the natives are the two prime examples. Both persisted for centuries. Inuring another generation to hatred is very American. Trump proved it did not take much effort on his part to get the pot to boil.

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”