Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:24 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:44 pm Weird-o-sphere. I like it. May we add it to the lexicon?
By all means!

Someone clipped the judge's speech. It's awesome. Do NOT miss it.
https://
twitter.com/PettyLupone/status/1841913003366875431
My Gawd that was glorious!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Dunno if anybody is interested, but I wondered "what happened with the titular Belinda of the topic title?" The events were a looong time ago for those of us with falling memories who have not followed this case and this topic closely.

Colorado Public Radio has a short piece from August 2022 ( :o more than two years back – too long for my brain cells!) at Tina Peters’ deputy clerk pleads guilty, will cooperate with investigation into her boss.

Briefly, Belinda Knisley was Tina Peters' deputy and did her bidding. Knisley had enough sense to put her hands up and grass up her chum/boss. The judge grumbled that he thought she should be behind bars but accepted the prosecution's agreement to light community punishment in rerun for full and continued cooperation with putting Peters where she belongs.

I am sure Knisley's testimony has been reported and reviewed upthread, anyway CPR also wrote about it: Tina Peters Trial Day 5 — ‘I’m F—ed’: Former deputy clerk testifies
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

"Belinda Knisley". Ah ha. So THAT'S the name!
The thread title was poorly written.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

dan1100 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:20 pm Just tuning into Tina Peters' self-immolation.

Wow.

She's got a bad case of believing her own bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/live/QUxGR32q2XI
Hi, dan!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

neonzx wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:30 am "Belinda Knisley". Ah ha. So THAT'S the name!
The thread title was poorly written.
It's a spoof on the Bill and Ted's *** Adventure movies
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:28 pm Is the judge the only one in the entire county who doesn't have white hair?
Yep. I noticed that too and got distracted a bit from the judge’s benchslap!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:42 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:44 pm Weird-o-sphere. I like it. May we add it to the lexicon?
By all means!

I watched it three times (although a bit distracted by the sniffling and lip smacking). I wish fierceredpanda were around because he spent a fair amount of time on regular joe criminals who don't have four lawyers and several assistants and other symbols of the privilege she takes for granted, whose iives were pointed in the wrong direction from the get go. He made it clear that if they're remorseful and qualify, he's willing to give them a second chance in the community. But Tina is beyond hope. She has all the advantages of life and messed up bigly.

Makes you wonder how she got to be an elderly lady with a presumably crime-free life and now is a convicted criminal.

The most painful point he made was that her deceased son served with honor and adhered to his oath while she broke hers. That seemed to me devastating.

I'm curious what health condition she has that requires a magnetic mattress.
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:06 pm Oltmann getting threaty

Oltmann has the walls closing in on him. He is currently being fined $1000 a day for refusing to answer questions from the court in his role as defendant in Eric Coomer's lawsuit against him for defamation. He is trying to crowdfund his way out of the hole.
https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... c7024ae1c7
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder about the points the Judge made about younger offenders who will be offered to take classes that will accrue for good time in prison and early release possibilities, and how she did not finish her state prescribed education for her position, and that the prison system does not have any age appropriate courses for reintegration into society. Looks like he hinted that she will stay in the Grey Bar Hotel for most of her nine years.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Most of the J6ers had the brains to pretend they were sorry in front of the judges.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:24 am I wonder about the points the Judge made about younger offenders who will be offered to take classes that will accrue for good time in prison and early release possibilities, and how she did not finish her state prescribed education for her position, and that the prison system does not have any age appropriate courses for reintegration into society. Looks like he hinted that she will stay in the Grey Bar Hotel for most of her nine years.
I didn't hear any of the above points, and I'm pretty sure I heard the entire speech (including the part early part left out of the wonderful clip that is circulating today.

I didn't hear "younger" offenders; I heard offenders who did not have her privilege or her defiance. I didn't hear "age appropriate." He did mention her not finishing the clerk training, in passing, as an example of her arrogance. As for her sentence length, I heard him say (early on, I think) that she would no doubt not serve the entire sentence, and of course she could appeal, but he was at peace with the idea that he had done his best. Also he has zero say in how much of her sentence she will serve.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:09 am
keith wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:42 am
By all means!

I watched it three times (although a bit distracted by the sniffling and lip smacking). I wish fierceredpanda were around because he spent a fair amount of time on regular joe criminals who don't have four lawyers and several assistants and other symbols of the privilege she takes for granted, whose iives were pointed in the wrong direction from the get go. He made it clear that if they're remorseful and qualify, he's willing to give them a second chance in the community. But Tina is beyond hope. She has all the advantages of life and messed up bigly.

Makes you wonder how she got to be an elderly lady with a presumably crime-free life and now is a convicted criminal.

The most painful point he made was that her deceased son served with honor and adhered to his oath while she broke hers. That seemed to me devastating.

I'm curious what health condition she has that requires a magnetic mattress.
That's the question, isn't it. I think, at this point, that she is just MAGA; that all MAGA think this way. As the judge says, they do not respect the court, they do not respect that they have superiors in their jobs, they think they are above the law, and that because they believe they are innocent/justified, they think they can do anything they want.

As to "why", yeah, that remains an enigma. I waver between group psychosis and simple ignorance laced with racism.

PS I also watched the sentencing statement three times. :bighug: The judge made a passing comparison between her dead son's sacrifice to his country, and her betrayal of her country. Stunning.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Not mentioned yet was her "threat" about her being a "child of God" and that God doesn't like people who go after "his children."

The first witnesses who spoke for the prosecution were Gerry Wood and his wife. He was a witness in the case - his identity was used by Peters to let her cyber "expert" in to the secure area where the election equipment is. He's a conservative and probably MAGA or MAGA-adjacent. He was happy, as a software engineer, to help Tina on a consultation basis. I don't know/can't remember if he was told exactly what he'd be working on, but in the end, he never showed up at the clerk's office.

Anyway, apparently his wife Wendy and he are pastors at some church, and in their impact statement, they mentioned how angry they were about Tina "hiding" behind her faith and using it as an excuse. Maybe they are waking up to the danger of Christian Nationalism [I don't know anything about their church or its beliefs, but husband/wife teams are usually leaders of "off-brand" non-denominational charismatic type groups].

Anyway, this morning I had a delicious piece of quiche for breakfast along with my bespoke blend of coffee from the local roaster. I'm sure Tina did not have a breakfast like that. Oh well.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Has Tina been in lockup all this time or is this her first experience of it now? (Can't recall.)

Kinda funny when the judge missed count 6, which added another 15 months.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:10 pm Has Tina been in lockup all this time or is this her first experience of it now? (Can't recall.)

Kinda funny when the judge missed count 6, which added another 15 months.
She's been out, pretty sure. I base this on the judge mentioning that she had earned two days off her sentence for previous jail time. And that she was at the County building a couple of weeks ago with her film crew, when she had been barred from going there and speaking to employees. Plus all the podcasts she's been doing. Trip to see her mother.... Yeah, she's been out.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I glossed over that. This is the first time that she'll be in jail with no prospect (except winning appeal) of getting out. Wonder how long she'll remain defiant.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I wonder too. Self-righteousness is a hell of a motivator. Whether or not it's misplaced--in her world, she's a martyr to the cause.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I imagine that part of Tina's arrogance came from the absolute belief that she was following the directives of the President of the United States.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:50 pm I imagine that part of Tina's arrogance came from the absolute belief that she was following the directives of the President of the United States.
I think it's a combination of several things. I think she absolutely believes her nonsense. She's a Christian, so God of course is on her side. Everyone around her applauds what she did and encourage her, feed her ego. She got to meet her hero - trump! and proximity to fame is important to some people.

In her mind she is not a criminal. Criminals beat people up, rob homes, steal cars, deal drugs. You know...thugs. And she can't think of herself as a thug. She's not violent. She goes to church. Pays her taxes. Has car insurance. Keeps her lawn neat. Very distressing cognitive dissonance to view her behavior as criminal.

Plus, she operates in a silo - and all the folks there believe the same thing. There are celebrities in that world (pillow guy, Dr Franks, etc) and she doesn't mind rubbing elbows with them. She might be a minor celeb in that world, too. Her twitter page still has tons of fans wishing her well and saying she was done wrong and shouldn't be in prison.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:42 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:50 pm I imagine that part of Tina's arrogance came from the absolute belief that she was following the directives of the President of the United States.
I think it's a combination of several things. I think she absolutely believes her nonsense. She's a Christian, so God of course is on her side. Everyone around her applauds what she did and encourage her, feed her ego. She got to meet her hero - trump! and proximity to fame is important to some people.

In her mind she is not a criminal. Criminals beat people up, rob homes, steal cars, deal drugs. You know...thugs.
That's why the judge brought up the people who'd sat in the chair before she did. Some of them had been dealt harsh hands, and some were sorry or at least appeared to be sorry, so they got an opportunity to prove themselves, a second chance.

Not Tina.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

And when she comes out, she will have learned nothing, except a few prison skills. Her whole sense of worth now is based on believing she's innocent and a victim, and she can never let go of that delusion.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:50 pm And when she comes out, she will have learned nothing, except a few prison skills. Her whole sense of worth now is based on believing she's innocent and a victim, and she can never let go of that delusion.
I think there may other folks in prison - even those who've committed violent crimes - who also think they are a victim. Some actually are (DV victims, for example).

She reminds me of all the women in those "karen" videos who get pulled over by the cops, always asserting their case is special.

She's gonna be asking to speak to the manager. That will go over well.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the manager here is called "the Warden," Ms. Peters. He isn't interested in becoming personally familiar with you or your concerns. :fingerwag:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina_Peters_(politician)
Peters says she has a degree in "holistic nutrition" from the non-accredited correspondence school Clayton College of Natural Health.[2][3] Clayton has been classified as an illegal supplier of educational credentials in Texas and labeled a potential diploma mill in Oregon.[6][7] Peters was involved in selling alternative medical products in association with a multi-level marketing company named Nikken.[8] Peters also helped manage her former husband's construction company.
Prior to being taken into custody in October 2024, Peters lived in Grand Junction, Colorado. She and her husband, Thomas Peters, had a daughter and a son. Their son, Remington J. Peters, a combat veteran serving in the US military as a Navy SEAL, died in 2017 at age 27 in a parachute accident performing at an air show in New York City.[103][104][105]

She legally separated from her husband in June 2017 and filed a decree of legal separation in January 2018. At the time, she had power of attorney over her husband's affairs for health reasons. The couple officially divorced in November 2021. On October 2, 2021, Tina Peters filed a quit-claim deed for a home that Thomas Peters had purchased separately eight months after the couple separated. A civil complaint filed by Thomas Peters, which later included his sister, Katherine Egan, alleged that Tina Peters filed the quit-claim deed "through deceit and deception".[106] Thomas Peters' daughter Cayce joined Egan as a plaintiff in a civil suit against Tina Peters on behalf of the estate of her father as his personal representative, alleging the quit-claim deed was filed, placing the house in her own name, on the same day her power of attorney over Thomas Peters was rescinded. Thomas Peters died on December 31, 2023.[103]
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

She's a peach.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”