Right Wing Low Lifes

These people suck. They are bad people.
Mrich

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Mrich »

There are a bunch of tweets - some deleted but there are screen shots - of people making fun of this young man who was overwhelmed by the love expressed by and to his father. I thought it was sweet (and I had no idea he is on the spectrum). What is wrong with people?
RVInit

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RVInit »

Mrich wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:00 pm There are a bunch of tweets - some deleted but there are screen shots - of people making fun of this young man who was overwhelmed by the love expressed by and to his father. I thought it was sweet (and I had no idea he is on the spectrum). What is wrong with people?
I couldn't agree with you more. In real time as I watched him I was moved by his response. When he started saying "that's my dad, that's my dad" I have to say I almost cried myself, it was one of the most touchingly beautiful things I have witnessed, especially at a political convention.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
MN-Skeptic

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There's been plenty of push back towards the people criticizing Gus for his reaction, most of the supporters citing his challenges. But I liked one tweet which said No, don't say it's all right because of Gus's challenges. Say it's all right because it's all right for EVERYONE to react like that! Every man, woman, and child should be allowed to get emotional when the situation calls for it.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RVInit

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:25 pm There's been plenty of push back towards the people criticizing Gus for his reaction, most of the supporters citing his challenges. But I liked one tweet which said No, don't say it's all right because of Gus's challenges. Say it's all right because it's all right for EVERYONE to react like that! Every man, woman, and child should be allowed to get emotional when the situation calls for it.
I agree! I had no idea that he is neurodivergent until today when someone linked an article about it. I did not in any way think anything "different" about him or about his reaction while I was watching it. I thought it beautiful and touching, period.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Suranis

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Suranis »

Its possible they just saw the photo and not the video of the incident. I have not seen the video, and that photo makes him looks pretty rediculous.

And that's probably why that photo was carefully chosen to be the one shared around the Intertubes. These guys are very good at their lying.

So I would just say to people have a look at the full video of when he said that and you will come away with a different impression.

I know you will say "why are you talking about this if you haven't seen the video" and I would counter that makes me well qualified to talk about what someone who has NOT seen the video and is ONLY reacting to that photo would think. Not everyone is watching every detail of the DNC, you know. So you have to step back a touch and see it from the other direction a little. If you have just seen the photo with no other context, what would you think?
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Reddog »

Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:03 pm Its possible they just saw the photo and not the video of the incident. I have not seen the video, and that photo makes him looks pretty rediculous ridiculous.
:snippity:
If you have just seen the photo with no other context, what would you think?
No other context, hmm… I may think a lot of things. Ridiculous, or weird isn’t one of them. I would think it is a normal reaction to a father he loves, making an emotional speech.
I may think that someone cherry picked a photo to stir people, too effen lazy to research what they are seeing, to make a snap judgement.
What’s bizarre to me is defending another person without an iota of context in what they were thinking. I may think that I’ve seen waaay more ridiculous photos of people at a convention, sporting event, Thanksgiving dinner, or any number of Norman Rockwell paintings.
I may think it’s a great representation of sheer raw emotion.
I always thought Politicians minor children have historically been off limits.
I may think you’re still weird for rationalizing an assholes tasteless whatever they call a tweet now .
Suranis

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Suranis »

I'm not "rationalising" one asshole's tweet. I'm "rationalising" why people might believe this particular picture makes the person look ridiculous, particularly if its framed in a bubble of "All democrats are bad" like this one is. Remember they said that they have seen this pic being shown by a lot of people which means this pic is being shared around now as part of an organised program of slander.

You know, like Obama's tan Suit.
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Reddog »

Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:59 pm I'm not "rationalising" one asshole's tweet. I'm "rationalising" why people might believe this particular picture makes the person look ridiculous, particularly if its framed in a bubble of "All democrats are bad" like this one is. Remember they said that they have seen this pic being shown by a lot of people which means this pic is being shared around now as part of an organised program of slander.

You know, like Obama's tan Suit.
Nope, you’re still wrong, and wronger now. You’re reframing your argument. It’s like playing whack-a-mole

I’m not sure why you’re putting scare quotes around rationalizing. I used it as I meant it.
To dismiss or minimize the significance of (something) by means of an explanation or excuse.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition •
You gave a reason to excuse the plethora of right wing pundits mocking him.
Its possible they just saw the photo and not the video of the incident. I have not seen the video, and that photo makes him looks pretty rediculous.
ridiculous? To me it’s rediculous ridiculous what you consider ridiculous.

There was no excuse to mock Tim Walz’s son.
I don’t know what the tan suit has to do with anything.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by keith »

Language Warning:

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Reddog

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Reddog »

Thanks Keith,
I couldn’t have said it any better!
Suranis

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Suranis »

Reddog wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:57 pm There was no excuse to mock Tim Walz’s son.
I wasn't mocking Tim Waltz son.

Get that out of your head and try rereading what I was actually writing about.

People asked why they would think that's ridiculous, and I answered them - that they are being shown the worst photo the opposition could find. That photo was framed as "ridiculous."

It's basic social media manipulation. If you are finding that thought uncomfortable then ya you have likely been manipulated by similar tricks in the past by people "on your side"
I don’t know what the tan suit has to do with anything.
They said that Obama's tan suit looked unpresidential when it wasn't and turned it into a media storm. Just another example of turning something fairly normal into a massive liability, just by framing the conversation everyone is having around it.

I could try this with diagrams if you want, but at this point I'm done explaining the obvious.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Uninformed »

I think Suranis made a valid point. I do think that he seems to have an ability to sometimes use phrasing that provokes an adverse reaction to his otherwise interesting, and often helpfully informative, posts. Over the years he has honestly stated opinions that others may disagree with, so what? I see no malice in his statements.

Yes people should not judge a person on a single still image or a video clip showing what some will see as an overly emotional reaction, but the simple fact is there are many many people who will do just that. We’re talking about people who amongst other totally ridiculous opinions declare tfg does not lie and expect them to research or fact check anything?

I first saw a short video clip without any real context and was surprised (the right word?) by the emotion shown. I knew nothing of Governor Walz’s son Gus before this occurrence and still know almost nothing about him. I found his public show of love and pride very moving - if only everyone had someone who felt the same about them.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RTH10260 »

A white supremacist told me to comply to his demands. He's now in custody.

NewsChannel 5
21 Aug 2024

He warned me there would be consequences if I failed to comply with his demands to air a white supremacist video. Now, that man faces his own consequences.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by bill_g »

Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”