Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Thanks.

When I was on a jury for a Texas murder trial we determined the sentence but didn't get anything like a parole report. Just the judge's explanation of the possible sentences.

It took us longer to agree on a sentence than to reach the guilty verdict.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Responding to the discussion on why some NG verdicts:

The identity of each juror, and the two alternates, is known. Judge Barrett addressed a few of the jurors by name today. Yeah, that surprised me too. Simpler times? Colorado? I am hoping that the Judge doesn't live to regret this--after all, these are election deniers he's messing with.

Anyway, perhaps we will soon here what the issues were with the NG verdicts.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have a question for the lawyers.

If I am on a jury and have information such as, how a particular program works, but no evidence at all was presented about that, would it be considered to be a juror "doing their own research" if I used the information I have in jury deliberations? I found myself wondering how I would actually handle that situation of a juror knowing how Signal works and using that to convince the other jurors that it may not have been Wood on that chat. (Of course, it may HAVE been Wood on that chat, I do realize that). But I'm not sure if something like that is acceptable, especially if the jurors use information like that gleaned from another juror and then it "gets out", could the defense argue some kind of jury misconduct?
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
bob

Post by bob »

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:30 pm If I am on a jury and have information such as, how a particular program works, but no evidence at all was presented about that, would it be considered to be a juror "doing their own research" if I used the information I have in jury deliberations? I found myself wondering how I would actually handle that situation of a juror knowing how Signal works and using that to convince the other jurors that it may not have been Wood on that chat. (Of course, it may HAVE been Wood on that chat, I do realize that). But I'm not sure if something like that is acceptable, especially if the jurors use information like that gleaned from another juror and then it "gets out", could the defense argue some kind of jury misconduct?
Gooooooood question.

Jurors are expected to bring "life experience" into the jury room. (Different people's experiences means people see the same evidence differently, or give it different weight.)

But some people's "life experience" includes training or knowledge that other jurors don't have. There are countless cases of, "Well, I was a [soldier/paramedic/drug user/whatever*], and let me tell you, that's not how things work" cropping up during deliberations. (The worst (IMO) are engineers, who try to mind engineer solutions way beyond their expertise.)

The more likely scenario would be if a juror says, "Hey, that's not how things work," which causes another juror to go home and do some extra-curricular research, which would be totally unacceptable.

* Most lawyers are clever enough to say, "I will disregard what I know about the law, and listen only to law as explained by the judge." ;) ;) ;)
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

RV, I saw a thread from a non-crazy person who thought Wood was "squirrely" on the stand. I remember him testifying but was not paying super close attention (I was doing other stuff at the same time). Maybe as a fellow traveler re election fraud, the jury leaned more toward "yeah he's on their team, he'd let them do that." Remember he went to the cyber symposium, too. But his whole story could fall into "reasonable doubt" so maybe the jurors leaning guilty on that were ok with NG since they could see a reasonable explanation the other way...and they wanted to be done with the trial so didn't fight very hard.

As to juror personal knowledge, I think that would be fine during deliberation. I'd want to know that that person really does know what they're talking about (or if it's just anecdotal "knowledge" based on not very much...lots of "know-it-alls" out there) and listen to their information. An auto mechanic is going to know about car operation and parts, if that's part of the case. I have an EV and can relate how mine works if no one else has experience with that. A person with provable special knowledge would be like Marisa Tomei's character in My Cousin Vinny. LOL

Side note: I happened to remember that Peters is the person who fled CO to TX and no one could find her. Lindell flew her down there and stashed her away, from what I remember. Yep she knew she was fucked.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 46m
⚖️ #TinaPetersTrial #TinaPetersGUILTY It's being reported that Tina Peters' Counts 1, 2, and 4 have a sentencing range of 2-6 years each.
Count 6: 12-18 months.
Counts 8, 9 & 10: 90-364 days each.
The total range appears to be: 7.75-22.5 years. #TinaPetersTrial #copolitics

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

LOCK HER UP!!!

:bwahaha: :fiesta: :cheer1: :cheer2: :bwahaha: :fiesta:
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:30 pm Judge Barrett treating his calendar to his famous glare.

Sentencing Oct 3 (I think).
I’d have that expression on my face too, if I had to deal with Tina Peters’ flying monkeys and wackaloon conspiracists bombarding
me with phone calls. IIRC Mike Lindell disclosed the judge’s phone number to her online audience.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Peters Conviction Tweet.jpg
Peters Conviction Tweet.jpg (244.01 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

"I will coninue to fight" means she deserves the longest possible sentence. She won't learn a lesson, dammit, and who do you think you are, Judge, trying to get me to have any remorse for violating the law in a holy cause, huh? She may be mentally ill, but the sad truth is we can't fix that yet. So lock her up for the longest possible amount of time, and keep her from spreading the insanity, as she vows she assuredly will.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

She can use her hopefully long stint in the pokey to pen her manifesto. It can be a billiion pages long and list every single grievance. Then it can be shredded and used for hamster cage bedding, because it'll be worth more as that.

Seriously, she probably has every ability to write out her whole nutty claim about dominion and the sos and put it on substack or something. Afaik no one is telling her not to talk about this. Go for it, Tina (she may even end up providing some information helpful to LE investigating other cases).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But we WILL win in the end.
No. No you will not.
:bwahaha:
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I have kind of a basic question because I'm not well-versed in stupid:

Is Peters' whole beef that Dominion somehow changed votes through the voting software in Mesa Co in the 2020 election? Was she trying to find vote totals? Was she trying to prove somehow that Dominion's software was programmed to change votes?

Conspiracies are confusing to me because there seems to be a lack of consistency.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:42 pm I have kind of a basic question because I'm not well-versed in stupid:

Is Peters' whole beef that Dominion somehow changed votes through the voting software in Mesa Co in the 2020 election? Was she trying to find vote totals? Was she trying to prove somehow that Dominion's software was programmed to change votes?

Conspiracies are confusing to me because there seems to be a lack of consistency.
Pretty sure the evils of Dominion and the Sec of State knew no bounds, and still know no bounds, but.... The specific thing she was trying to do was to make a copy of the data before the trusted build, so that if (read: when) Dominion erased files during the trusted build, they would have that copy. What would they do with that copy? I have no idea. I reckon they thought they could compare it with later copies and prove malfeasance.

Keep in mind all the testimony about Peters trying to get observers into the trusted build. Sec of Sate / Dominion wouldn't let her bring the public in. To her mind, that was evidence* of evil doing. Never mind that in no trusted build previously done had there been public observers, because it was not the agreed-upon practice. Keep in mind that the SoS was happy with the public viewing the video of the trusted build after the fact. Keep in mind that Peters turned off the cameras before the trusted build so that there was no video.

I was browsing down her Twitter feed this AM (where I pulled the tweet from after the trial). There is a swamp of election denialism there, of all kinds. Knows no bounds.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

She was making a copy of the actual voting results? I don't understand how the TB would affect that. I thought there was testimony that copies were made of the voting results (someone testified about making couple of copies on a thumb drive?)...so that would be available, because I thought the TB erased all the data (and always had, so that's why they made a copy). If this is the case then after the TB there would be no voting data on there at all. V possible I misunderstood their procedure.

TBF I don't know much about data/server stuff, so maybe all that info remains on the server and that's what they were after?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:02 pm She was making a copy of the actual voting results? I don't understand how the TB would affect that. I thought there was testimony that copies were made of the voting results (someone testified about making couple of copies on a thumb drive?)...so that would be available, because I thought the TB erased all the data (and always had, so that's why they made a copy). If this is the case then after the TB there would be no voting data on there at all. V possible I misunderstood their procedure.

TBF I don't know much about data/server stuff, so maybe all that info remains on the server and that's what they were after?
I don't think it was the results, no. But I don't know for sure (Narrator: Who does?). They talked about "erasing files" a lot. So whatever was in there, they wanted copies in case they were erased. 1) The dude who did a talk for Tina and her staff gave the details of some of the nefarious deeds the Sec of St was engaged in (you can listen to the recording for details of what he was talking about). 2) They all talked about "so they can't erase files"; in the aftermath of the illegal copying, the MAGAts boasted that some hundreds or thousands of files had indeed been deleted. No discussion, of course, as to what those deleted files were--since in any update, old files of all sorts are gonna be erased. No statement that data was released. Indeed, as one of the witnesses pointed out; the election techs were charged with and did indeed make and keep copies for this exact reason: so that nothing would be lost.

It's all pipedream.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It's scary that the person who was the local overseer of voting didn't understand what voting means and did/doesn't understand what retention of voting records means. The data contained on a voting tabulator does not represent voting records. Voting records are the actual ballots, which are retained according to law. She had a whole office full of employees who were familiar with the process and understood how it all works.

Also, there is a reason that after the trusted build is completed that they test the system using every example of good and bad ballot marking, to ensure that after the system is updated it still counts votes correctly and still identifies all the variations of problems correctly.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Thanks, y'all. I thought I was missing something. Maybe it's the same nonsense that Dominion is suing Lindell about. All I really know about that case is it's for defamation, but I really don't know what Lindell said or what his claims are. I don't really care, actually!

Who else chuckled when the judge talked about not knowing her status in her misdemeanor case?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Tina Peters did NOT take a day off. She had to be at probation at 2pm today. Lying until the end.

🚨⚖️ 8/12/24 FINAL Day 9 🧵of #TinaPetersTrial: 🔔 "The Bell Tolls for Tina". TINA PETERS GUILTY OF 4 FELONIES. Ex-@MesaElections Clerk Tina Peters CONVICTED. Sentencing 10/3/24. Total range appears to be: 7.75-22.5 years.

1:

2:

ThreadReaderApp 1: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1822 ... 50302.html

2: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1823 ... 02539.html

Weiser.JPG
Weiser.JPG (150.2 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

Thanks Judge.JPG
Thanks Judge.JPG (151.83 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

John Tina.JPG
John Tina.JPG (274.29 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

Hit Job A.JPG
Hit Job A.JPG (141.37 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

Hit Job B.JPG
Hit Job B.JPG (128.13 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Thoughts and prayers for victims of gun violence but something happens to one of their folks, send money.
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I wonder if they can present this at her sentencing.
Hours after being convicted of tampering with voting machines in Colorado in the name of Donald Trump, former Mesa County clerk Tina Peters griped that the outcome was a “sad day for our nation and the world” while continuing to spout false election-related conspiracy theories about “vote-flipping software that is basically in Serbia.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-elec ... ned_social
bob

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:31 pm I wonder if they can present this at her sentencing.
The prosecutor can.
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:49 pm
Rolodex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:31 pm I wonder if they can present this at her sentencing.
The prosecutor can.
I hope they do. The sentencing on this has a rather wide range from what I saw, and I expected they'd go something like 18-24 months. But she does have other issues (trying to kick a cop who was trying collect her iPad she'd used to illegally video Belinda's hearing). Persistent weird beliefs may not factor in sentencing, but IANAL so it may be wishcasting.
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

Check this out. This is from a couple years ago, however it’s pretty funny. People who followed the Bundy Saga will have some déjà vu here. Not only has Tina Peters done speaking engagements for CSPOA, but she’s also a Bundy-grade idiot who can’t even go into hiding correctly.

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Kyle Clark is great! He has some current stuff interviewing Boebert and other nuts.

I wonder what happened in this situation he's reporting about - Peters not following the terms of her bond by leaving the state without permission.

I'm sure she and the other recount screamer did not end up footing the bill to get a recount in their giant losses in their primaries. Guess they really weren't *that* convinced (or couldn't convince Lindell to pay for that).

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”