Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So the NY Post has been Blathering that a "RUSSIAN OLIGARTH SENT 3.5 MEEELION DOLLAHS TO HUNTER BIDEN AND SHE WASNT SANCTIONED!!!!!!!!1111!!!"

Firstly she isn't really an Oligarch She was the wife of the Moscow mayor who has made Billions in real estate, and was listed as a fugitive by the Moscow courts. https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-court-d ... 48065.html

But whether she was an Oligarch or not isn't the point.

As I do, when someone waved the NYP article at me as proof of H bdens corruption I looked at the NY Post article... and it says she paid the money to a company H Biden FOUNDED, but does not say he is still associated with it. I call this burying the bullshit.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/20/white-hou ... r-problem/
Well, just for starters, Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina, who paid $3.5 million into a bank account ASSOCIATED WITH Hunter and his business partner Devon Archer, was not sanctioned along with other oligarchs allied with President Vladimir Putin this month."

"Baturina wired $3.5 million on Feb. 14, 2014, to Rosemont Seneca Thornton, a consortium formed between Rosemont Seneca — the firm co-founded by Hunter, Archer and Chris Heinz — and the Thornton Group.

Baturina’s wires were flagged in “suspicious activity reports” provided by the Treasury Department to a Senate Republican inquiry by the Finance and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committees.

Hunter’s lawyer has denied Hunter profited from the transaction, telling CNN: “The claim that he was paid $3.5 million is false.
The persons response was to send me another article, this time from the daily fail. I responded by saying that confirmed She paid zero dollars and zero cents to Hunter Biden. When he said He didn't see where it says that (meaning he didnt read the article and expected me to be intimidated by the headline,) I copy and pasted this part which is buried in the middle of the tect and all the pictures.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arket.html

Hunter Biden was paid $3.5 million by Russian oligarch - when Joe was VP - to open doors for her construction business in America, her brother claims <-- Headline
Still, the findings did not show that Hunter's dealings ever influenced Joe Biden or impacted the White House's policy.

The GOP report also states that between May 6, 2015 and December 8, 2015, Baturina sent 11 wires in the amount of $391,968.21 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA LLC, a technology startup based in Buffalo, New York. The transactions all listed 'Loan Agreement' in the payment details section.

Nine of the 11 transactions, totaling $241,797.14 were first sent from Baturina's accounts to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton bank account, which then transferred to the money to BAK USA, according to the report.

BAK USA, which proposed to manufacture computer tablets in partnership with unnamed Chinese partners, was repeatedly touted by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as a success story in his tax-break scheme to lure startups.

The company filed for bankruptcy liquidation in 2019 with $39.4 million in debts and just $147,000 in assets. It's unclear what connection Hunter Biden or his firm had to the now-defunct company.
That "it is unclear" sentence is Daily Fail speak for "Hunter Biden wasn't associated at all with that company but we are not going to say that as it makes our entire bullshit story a complete fucking lie." And, like I said, this is buried in the middle of a LOT of text. I have learned to speed read over the years and this has helped me a lot.

So, ya, in 2014 a company Hunter Biden founded with a bunch of other people (but it is not mentioned whether he was still working with nudge nudge wink wink) took money and forwarded it to another company Biden had nothing to do with. In 2016 she bought into the American land market. 2022 she was not sanctioned, assuming that is also true. This does not equal "Oligarch pays Hunter Biden 3.5 million dollars and gets favours."

:confuzzled:
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

IFF anyone wants a Youtube channel with RWNJ stuff, and Biden did, and Biden did more, and then Hunter did or didn't he?

The Rubin Report

https://www.youtube.com/c/RubinReport/videos

ps. the guy has 1.6 million subscribers
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fox-n ... d=msedgntp
Things got a bit awkward on "Fox & Friends First" on Friday morning when the anchors tried to welcome former First Daughter-in-Law and senior Trump campaign adviser Lara Trump to the show.

As co-anchors Carley Shimkus and Todd Piro began introducing their guest, the studio accidentally played a clip of Fox News contributor Karl Rove warning Donald Trump not to pardon Lara's former campaign colleague Steve Bannon.

Piro had been discussing President Joe Biden's deal with the European Commission to help Europe become less dependent on Russian energy.

However, the clip that played was instead from a January 2021 episode of "America's Newsroom" that aired a few days before Trump went through with pardoning his former campaign strategist.

"Presidents should be very careful of unlimited, of exercising unlimited power. Steve Bannon is under investigation, is under indictment now for fraud," Rove said in the clip. "But just simply saying I'm going to pardon him for it because he was in my campaign, that would be very problematic, I think, for the president."
much ado

Post by much ado »

Do we have a mole at Fox News?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

How Hunter Biden's laptop was the cause of the war in Ukraine in only 52 truly amazing seconds.

People watch this crap. A LOT of people.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/chris ... 665e94e4be
Chris Wallace, who left Fox News last December after 18 years for cable news rival CNN, said that working at Fox News after the 2020 election was "unsustainable" and he "just no longer felt comfortable with the programming at Fox."

"I'm fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion," Wallace told the New York Times in an interview published Sunday. "But when people start to question the truth -- Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? -- I found that unsustainable."

Wallace, who is launching his own interview show on Tuesday on the new CNN+ streaming service, confirmed that he complained to Fox News leadership about Tucker Carlson's streaming documentary "Patriot Purge," which falsely claimed that the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a "false flag" operation intended to tarnish conservatives.

"Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox," Wallace told the Times. "And since November of 2020, that just became unsustainable, increasingly unsustainable as time went on."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

On Fox and Friends this morning, all three hosts had Easter baskets and complained about the rising cost of Easter candy.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: it's all Obamas fault :!:
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:48 pm How Hunter Biden's laptop was the cause of the war in Ukraine in only 52 truly amazing seconds.

Would someone be so kind to summarize the 52 second garbage. I just ate breakfast and want to keep it down. Thanks
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:51 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:48 pm How Hunter Biden's laptop was the cause of the war in Ukraine in only 52 truly amazing seconds.

Would someone be so kind to summarize the 52 second garbage. I just ate breakfast and want to keep it down. Thanks
Because "the cabal" covered up Hunter's laptop, Trump wasn't in the White House to stop Putin invading Ukraine. 🤪🤡
Image Image Image Image
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Thanks!
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox host this morning to GOP Congress candidate (KS) Amanda Adkins: “Amanda, you are Hispanic. No surprise from these polls, Hispanics are fleeing the Democrat Party. Tell me, why do you think Hispanics are so dissatisfied?

Adkins: “Well, I’m not Hispanic.”
:roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

After ranting about cognitive decline, Hannity introduces his guest “Kellyanne Trump”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.rawstory.com/fox-viewers-ch ... ewing-cnn/
A groundbreaking new study paid viewers of the Fox News Network to watch CNN for 30 days. What they found is that the viewers ultimately became more skeptical and less likely to buy into fake news. The early impacts, after just three days, showed that the viewers were already starting to change.

The findings of the study, written by David E. Brockman and Joshua L. Kalla, explained that the experiment used content analysis comparing the two networks during Sept. 2020.

"During this period, the researchers explained that "CNN provided extensive coverage of COVID-19, which included information about the severity of the COVID-19 crisis and poor aspects of Trump's performance handling COVID-19. Fox News covered COVID-19 much less," said the study. The coverage of COVID-19 it did offer provided little of the information CNN did, instead giving viewers information about why the virus was not a serious threat. On the other hand Fox News extensively but highly selectively covered racial issues, and its coverage of these issues provided extensive information about Biden and other Democrats' supposed positions on them and about outbreaks of violence at protests for racial justice in American cities. CNN provided little information about either. The networks both covered the issue of voting by mail, but again dramatically different information about it (in addition to offering different frames)."

"It's far from obvious," they surmised, that viewing different networks would affect the beliefs and attitudes of the viewer. In fact, it wasn't so much that viewers were tuning in because they already felt that way, their attitudes were actually being formed from the Fox network.
Based on other articles I've read and a few books written about parents doing political 180s, this makes complete sense to me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Srsly tho, it is encouraging. Now all we have to do is pay every Fox viewer to watch CNN.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of CNN. They follow the wind. If Rs are in power, they rag on Rs, if Ds are in power, they rag on Ds. But when I'm in the car, I listen to CNN because I don't want to be bubbled. I figure, if both sides are mad at you, you're doing something right.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Like I keep saying, Fox News needs to be shut down BEFORE you can start healing as a country.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

In all honesty, I hate CNN. It just rubs me the wrong way. I'll listen to Fox News before I listen to CNN. I normally flip between Fox News and MSNBC when I'm in the car listening to news. That and flipping between hate listening to toxic talk radio.

That said, I agree America has a real Fox News problem.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:31 pm Like I keep saying, Fox News needs to be shut down BEFORE you can start healing as a country.
You got to give Murdoch his devils due...

He's managed to do more damaged to the US in the last quarter century than every enemy combined in it's 245 years of existence...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

NPR! NPR!
Audiobooks! Audiobooks!
This Is Criminal!

Anything but Fox or CNN! :sick:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:23 pm NPR! NPR!
Audiobooks! Audiobooks!
This Is Criminal!

Anything but Fox or CNN! :sick:
I was on a project at the first of the year. There were 2 of us and shared a rental car. At first it was ok but after about 4 days I noticed the radio was on and tuned to Fox News. I held my tongue at first, I figured I could always put in my airpods to cover it up.
Finally my partner said something about going somewhere. I said no I didn’t want to listen to that effen Fox News any more than I had to. He said he just found it and it was better than CNN. I replied that he wasn’t going to tell me that Fox wasn’t biased.

He asked what I used for News. I told him usually in the car NPR, or PBS on tv.

To be honest I didn’t know CNN is on radio. I also don’t have cable anymore, and have found that antenna and some streaming sites are perfectly fine.
I like antenna because I get local weather alerts. Even fox doesn’t screw up the weather.

The radio ended up staying off the rest of the trip
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Audiobooks always for anything beyond our local community radio stations range.
(Unfortunately their news is Macquarie syndicate which is biased/sensationalist.)

If I want news or opinion on the radio Auntie (ABC) always.
raison de arizona

I love NPR, but I can’t put something like Fresh Air in the same category as MSNBC, CNN, Fox News etc. The latter I flip around on, tune in and tune out. Typical NPR fare, I settle in and listen.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:29 pm I love NPR, but I can’t put something like Fresh Air in the same category as MSNBC, CNN, Fox News etc. The latter I flip around on, tune in and tune out. Typical NPR fare, I settle in and listen.
I agree. To be honest I don’t need continuous news. 20 years ago I had to take a job 55 miles away. I listened to talk radio. Hannity on the way to work, and Colmes on the way home. I decided which was more fair.
After Colmes Coast To Coast AM came on. That was entertaining, but the Q has usurped Art Bell, George Nouri.

Return to “Current Politics”