US v. Trump - Espionage Act - (9:23-cr-80101) District Court, S.D. Florida

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

Will this case go to trial before the primary elections?

Yes, and it will be a wonderful circus
23%
No, Judge Cannon will dismiss the case on a motion to dismiss
5%
No, Trump’s attorneys will work out a plea bargain
2%
No, the case will be in the appeals court through the 2024 election
19%
No, Judge Cannon will grant numerous motions to delay the case
29%
No, this case will NEVER go to trial, but I don't know what will happen
8%
Some other option, which I will describe in a post.
3%
Debilitating brain aneurysm
10%

Total votes: 124

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump allegedly discussed US nuclear subs with foreign national, Mar-a-Lago Club member: Sources
Trump allegedly discussed info about the U.S. submarine fleet, sources say.

Katherine Faulders, Alexander Mallin, and Mike Levin
Thursday, October 5, 2023 10:59PM

Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The potential disclosure was reported to special counsel Jack Smith's team as they investigated Trump's alleged hoarding of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, the sources told ABC News. The information could shed further light on Trump's handling of sensitive government secrets.

Prosecutors and FBI agents have at least twice this year interviewed the Mar-a-Lago member, Anthony Pratt, who runs U.S.-based Pratt Industries, one of the world's largest packaging companies.

https://abc7ny.com/donald-trump-sensiti ... /13868194/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Some people are acting like tfg sharing our nuclear secrets is worse than what Obama did.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Eric Tucker, Associated Press wrote: Lawyers for former President Donald Trump have asked a judge to postpone his classified documents trial until after next year's presidential election, saying they have not received all the records they need to review to prepare his defense.
Hey Trump loyazz: if your client does the crime you gotta find the time, capeesh?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Maybe the quadfectee knew that all US Navy submarines today are nuclear powered. That's common knowledge and not secret at all.

But what could this idiot, Prisoner #P01135809, possibly know about our submarines that isn't commonly known? He's a manual typewriter in a world of super high tech computers!

I looked up the ship my niece Mary served on, it was a guided missile frigate, a fancy new type of destroyer. I tried to read the Wikipedia article, and that ship has more unpossible high tech electronics and electronical gizmos than you could ever imagine. I couldn't understand the stupid Wikipedia article, that's how crazy it is. That ship is WAY more high tech than the Enterprise in the original Star Trek. Except for the warp drive, of course.

But it's all publicly published. Yet the quadfectee somehow knew something secret about our submarines that isn't even in Wikipedia and can't be discovered by a diligent search of the internet?

That, my fellow Earthlings, seems highly improbable. To me, anyway. I suppose there has to be something. But how could he know it, when he's the biggest dunce who ever sat in the White House? :daydreaming:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:08 pm Maybe the quadfectee knew that all US Navy submarines today are nuclear powered. That's common knowledge and not secret at all.

But what could this idiot, Prisoner #P01135809, possibly know about our submarines that isn't commonly known? He's a manual typewriter in a world of super high tech computers!
:snippity:
The hyper secret that nobody is aware of is that during his reign the submarines were retrofitted with steam engines to keep his coal mine owner donors happy :twisted: The Navy had to quietly give in so that the aircraft carrier could be outfitted with that modern magnetized plane launcher :silenced:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, steam powered submarines, and nobody knows! Those are probably some really terrible submarines, but I bet they have really delicious steamed dumplings in the mess!
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:30 pm Oh man, steam powered submarines, and nobody knows! Those are probably some really terrible submarines, but I bet they have really delicious steamed dumplings in the mess!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British ... _submarine

The K-class submarines were a class of steam-propelled submarines of the Royal Navy designed in 1913. Intended as large, fast vessels with the endurance and speed to operate with the battle fleet, they gained notoriety and the nickname of "Kalamity class" for being involved in many accidents. Of the 18 built, none were lost through enemy action, but six sank, with significant loss of life, in accidents. Only one ever engaged an enemy vessel, K-7 hitting a U-boat amidships, though the torpedo failed to explode with what has been described as typical "K" luck; K-7 escaped retaliation by steaming away at speed.[2]
Dave from down under

The secret, that Donnie appears to have illegally shared with a foreign National is the actual distance a US Hunter-killer can be undetected behind a Russian submarine.

While there is a lot of speculation and hyperbole.

That actual distance is a closely guarded secret until Donnie gave it away.

But who knows what he gave Vlad at Helsinki etc
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the secret was how close we can get to a Russian sub without being detected.

But again, the quadfectee I know couldn't get that right unless the answer was "one mile". He couldn't get it right if it was 500 meters, he'd claim it was 300 yards. And he would lie about it, because he lies about everything, especially to Australians who become billionaires by packaging stuff in America!

I refuse to believe he can get any statistic correct, unless it's written on his hand with a Sharpie or sumpin'. Or "one mile" or something similarly simple; god I love alliteration, don't you?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:27 pm
The hyper secret that nobody is aware of is that during his reign the submarines were retrofitted with steam engines to keep his coal mine owner donors happy :twisted: The Navy had to quietly give in so that the aircraft carrier could be outfitted with that modern magnetized plane launcher :silenced:
:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:45 pm The secret, that Donnie appears to have illegally shared with a foreign National is the actual distance a US Hunter-killer can be undetected behind a Russian submarine.

While there is a lot of speculation and hyperbole.

That actual distance is a closely guarded secret until Donnie gave it away.

From the ABC report:
“…an excited Trump -- ‘leaning’ toward as if to be discreet -- then told Pratt two pieces of information about U.S. subs: the supposed exact number of nuclear warheads they routinely carry, & exactly how close they supposedly can get to a Russian submarine w/o being detected.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

“…an excited Trump -- ‘leaning’ toward as if to be discreet -- then told Pratt two pieces of information about U.S. subs: the supposed exact number of nuclear warheads they routinely carry, & exactly how close they supposedly can get to a Russian submarine w/o being detected.”
What a thoughtless, clueless piece of shit. He needs to go: to prison, to Russia Russia Russia . . . wherever.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:45 pm
The translator
Dave from down under

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:50 pm
The translator
Who was Russian…
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I assume any information he gave an Aussie, he did 10X matching!

... when he told it all, and more, to his BFF Vladimir. :|
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:52 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:50 pm
The translator
Who was Russian…
Conveniently so.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Who blew the whistle on him? This is really, really serious. I'll bet that Trump demanded a fee from the Australian billionaire for spilling these nuclear secrets. Which the Australian billlionaire then spilled to God knows who. It does sound like the Aussie told the truth when interrogated by the FBI.
raison de arizona

SuzieC wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:17 pm Who blew the whistle on him? This is really, really serious. I'll bet that Trump demanded a fee from the Australian billionaire for spilling these nuclear secrets. Which the Australian billlionaire then spilled to God knows who. It does sound like the Aussie told the truth when interrogated by the FBI.
I think I read it was a club employee that blew the whistle.
Sources said another witness, one of Trump's former employees at Mar-a-Lago, told investigators that, within minutes of Pratt's meeting with Trump, he heard Pratt relaying to someone else some of what Trump had just said.

According to the sources, the former Mar-a-Lago employee also told investigators he was "bothered" and "shocked" to hear that the former president had provided such seemingly sensitive information to a non-U.S. citizen.
ABC link RTH posted.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I wonder whether it is one of the Mar A Lardo employees who have already turned state's witness against him.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Well Tony Pratt is exactly what his name means in the vernacular, but I don't see him paying Trump for gossip - I see it more as Trump bragging about it to impress a possible source of income. I don't like Pratt in anyway shape or form, but I rate him as a lot smarter than Trump.

Of course, he was pulling a lot of the former PM Scotty 'from marketing' Morrison puppet strings, and after hearing this bit I can understand who was behind Morrison's cancelling the submarine deal with France to go with USA or British subs.

Problem is, the French subs were already about 5 years behind, and now its gonna be an extra 10 or 15 years added to the 'no-modern-sub-in-the-fleet' problem. They haven't even decided on USA or Britain as the supplier (99% USA probably). Meanwhile, Australia's Collins class subs are obsolete and never worked all that well in the first place.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya Trump would have been sucking up and showing off to the important dude about how knowledgeable and important he was. No need for any money changing hands, he just wanted the actual Billionaire to be impressed by him.

Rupert Murdoch would probably be on Trumps shit list for refusing to tell FOX News to reverse its Arizona prediction on Election night, and then for immediately not bothering to return his calls once he lost.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Delayed, and we all know what justice delayed is...
https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status ... 99521?s=20
Tristan Snell @TristanSnell wrote: BREAKING: Judge Cannon strikes again, gives Trump huge, indefinite delay in Mar-a-Lago documents case.

Again, ANY other defendant, with such grave national security implications, would already have been detained and tried.

Will DOJ do 2nd indictment in different district now?
It's a delay to consider a further delay, apparently.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

She'll keep doing it, too. There's nothing to stop her.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:30 pm Oh man, steam powered submarines, and nobody knows! Those are probably some really terrible submarines, but I bet they have really delicious steamed dumplings in the mess!
A nuklee-err powered sub is in fact a steam engine powered sub.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

keith wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 pm
A nuklee-err powered sub is in fact a steam engine powered sub.
Good point!

Which is why diesel subs running on batteries can be quieter than nukes with their kettles..

Back in the day the Oxley class would on exercises sneak past the USN carrier screens to cause embarrassment with firing solutions on US carriers. :whistle:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”