Estiveo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 am Jason Momoa/Aquaman
Aquaman! Thanks, I should have known that! :thumbsup:
He also Stars in 'SEE' on TV iirc.
And occasionally in my dreams :batting:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is what I did last night. Sold out show at the Coach House with Al Di Meola. A sample. ETA the second clip is his sound check.

The last song he did was an instrumental of Gordon Lightfoot’s If You Could Read My Mind

The opening act was a guy playing a Chapman stick, kind of a body-less electronic guitar. Never seen one in the wild before. This isn’t him but this is what it sounds like.

It was a fine way to celebrate Mr Smith’s Washington work. :biggrin:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:49 pm This is what I did last night. Sold out show at the Coach House with Al Di Meola. A sample. :snippity:
Very nice, Phoenix520! Looks like you all had a fine evening. We don't get these types of artists here in SW Florida.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/gi ... r-AA1cn9zf
One of two giant rubber ducks on display in Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbor was deflated on Saturday to protect it from sweltering temperatures.

Organizers said they made the decision to deflate the duck just one day after the pair arrived in the harbor, after an inspection found that its surface had stretched in the hot weather.

The deflated duck will be sent for repairs, while its friend will remain in the harbor as part of a pop-art installation dubbed “Double Duck.”

Locals and tourists had gathered at the waterfront in the scorching sun to catch a glimpse of the artwork – with some left disheartened at only seeing one duck.

One Hong Kong resident, 35, explained that she had brought her child out specially to see the oversized bath toys.

“Today, we originally planned to bring my child to see the yellow duck. We saw it 10 years ago as well. Back then, there was only one yellow duck, but today we came to see double ducks.

“However, unexpectedly, there is only one duck now. We don’t feel disappointed though. As long as the children are happy, that’s enough.” l
Double ducks would be so cool. The first rubber ducky debuted in Victoria Harbor. Second stop, Pittsburgh. And she was awesome!

We went down to see her several times while she was in Pittsburgh, from the land and from the rivers.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

George Soros, the legendary investor, philanthropist and right-wing target, is handing control of his $25 billion empire to a younger son—Alexander Soros, a self-described center-left thinker who grew up self-conscious of the family’s wealth and wasn’t thought to be a potential successor.

The 37-year-old, who goes by Alex, said in the first interview since his selection that he was broadening his father’s liberal aims—“We think alike,” the elder Soros said—while embracing some different causes. Those include voting and abortion rights, as well as gender equity. He plans to continue using the family’s deep pockets to back left-leaning U.S. politicians.

“I’m more political,” Alex said, compared with his father. He recently met with Biden administration officials, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and heads of state, including Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to advocate for issues related to the family foundation. :snippity: :snippity:
WSJ free link. https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-sor ... malertNEWS

AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

Now, the right will have to change their target. Maybe he can make the checks come faster? :shrug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:02 pm :thumbsup:

Now, the right will have to change their target. Maybe he can make the checks come faster? :shrug:
He'll get everybody set up with direct deposit..... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

End of an era.

I let the internet domain plainsradio.com lapse. Hughdomains.com snapped it up and is willing to sell it for $2795.

Finally some value to Ed Hale’s stuff.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Lani

Hijack This Thread

Post by Lani »

For some reason, yesterday people I know were talking UFOs & aliens. :? Supposedly Congress has been notified. I was encouraged to look into various websites. Instead I looked at the NASA website.

NASA Announces Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Study Team Members
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-annou ... m-members/
NASA has selected 16 individuals to participate in its independent study team on unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP). Observations of events in the sky that cannot be identified as aircraft or as known natural phenomena are categorized as UAPs.

The independent study will begin on Monday, Oct. 24. Over the course of nine months, the independent study team will lay the groundwork for future study on the nature of UAPs for NASA and other organizations. To do this, the team will identify how data gathered by civilian government entities, commercial data, and data from other sources can potentially be analyzed to shed light on UAPs. It will then recommend a roadmap for potential UAP data analysis by the agency going forward.
The pro-UFOs pointed to this:

US urged to reveal UFO evidence after claim that it has intact alien vehicles
Whistleblower former intelligence official says government possesses ‘intact and partially intact’ craft of non-human origin
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... spacecraft

However, https://thehill.com/opinion/4038159-stu ... le-urgent/
Despite that title, the article states: "Grusch has not provided proof of his allegations. Similarly, the notion that such monumental revelations could remain secret for any appreciable amount of time strains credulity."
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:56 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:02 pm :thumbsup:

He'll get everybody set up with direct deposit..... :biggrin:
It's about damn time!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Hijack This Thread

Post by Uninformed »

Probably a “suck eggs” video for this forum, but it is quite well stated:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

Jeebuz…

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

US halts appointments using migrant phone app at Texas border crossing
Move follows reports of extortion by Mexican officials in Nuevo Laredo who threaten migrants with missing asylum appointments

Associated Press
Tue 13 Jun 2023 11.00 BST

The Biden administration has stopped taking mobile phone app appointments to admit asylum seekers at a Texas border crossing that connects to a notoriously dangerous Mexican city after advocates warned US authorities that migrants were being targeted there for extortion.

US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) gave no explanation for its decision to stop scheduling new appointments via the CBP One app for the crossing in Laredo, Texas.

Several asylum seekers told the Associated Press that Mexican officials in Nuevo Laredo, across the US-Mexico border from Laredo, Texas, had threatened to hold them and make them miss their scheduled asylum appointments unless they paid them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... redo-texas
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/anc ... 148141.php
“The inflationary impact of product costs in San Francisco is one factor,” Singer said. “Couple that with a highly competitive craft beer market and a historically costly steam brewing technique. [They’ve] probably been mulling over this decision for a year. It’s not something they take lightly.”

Another big change: Anchor Brewing will no longer make its iconic holiday beer, Christmas Ale. The spice-laden winter warmer has been a brewing tradition since 1975 and something that Northern California beer lovers look forward to every November. Singer said costly brewing and packaging requirements led to the change. It’s also a time-intensive brewing process, he said.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Not Anchor Steam!!!!! Nooooooo!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:28 pm Not Anchor Steam!!!!! Nooooooo!
Steam will still be brewed, but will only be available in California. It's the Christmas Ale that is being discontinued
castigat ridendo mores.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:53 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:28 pm Not Anchor Steam!!!!! Nooooooo!
Steam will still be brewed, but will only be available in California. It's the Christmas Ale that is being discontinued
I understand, but, BUT it's in CALIFORNIA!!!!!!! I'm in ARKANSAS!! I know! Fogbow Meet up in California!!!!!!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I apologize in advance, but here's the schedule for the poor ol' rooster who everybody loves to kick around whenever they're bored or havin' a bad day, and why I can't envision a Meetup in the immediate future:

1. Rest of the summer - shoulder replacement surgery and post-op, followed by

2. Beginning of September to mid-December - is health insurance season, both over- and under-65. This will probably be our last year before we sell and retire, or maybe not, who knows? :shrug: Ol' Wifehorn has plenty of energy, and I still do back office and support, and fright quankly, we're good at what we do, and we had fun last year after the boys moved out to college. But this year for sure, we will be BIZZY.

3. Mid-December until New Year's 2024 - holiday season

4. Post holidays - At some point next year I need my fourth and hopefully final major joint replacement surgery, on my right knee. Shoulders are replaced with titanium, knees are an alloy of chromium and cobalt. (Yes, that will be on the quiz.) And ol' Wifehorn, having put up with me through three major joint surgeries, wants to tour Europe with me.

So in all honesty, we're talking about summer 2024, which will be nice because it will be the last time we can have a Meetup, if Trump is re-elected. :shock:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Thanks for the update, Foggy. I was just a'playin'.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Well, and after getting both knees and both shoulders replaced, I am ready to play another twenty years of touch football. 🏈
Edit: No, no, you don't understand. Football is fun!
Edit: Ol' Wifehorn was heard twice telling our Numbah One Son and our niece that I was surprisingly pleasant and non-grumpy during my recovery from the first surgery, and she can expect it to be a better experience next time around.
:oldman:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:55 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:53 pm
I understand, but, BUT it's in CALIFORNIA!!!!!!! I'm in ARKANSAS!! I know! Fogbow Meet up in California!!!!!!
I feel ya. I'm in NYC, and Anchor was a link to my NorCal roots
castigat ridendo mores.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

I PRESENT TO YOU, THE COAT OF ARMS OF MAGADONIA!
Magadonia flushed -2.png
Magadonia flushed -2.png (164.35 KiB) Viewed 731 times
castigat ridendo mores.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Pat Sajak will continue to chair Hillsdale College board after leaving Wheel of Fortune
Famed Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak is set to retire from the show at the end of its 41st season.

https://humanevents.com/2023/06/15/pat- ... of-fortune
Sajak has been an outspoken conservative, and in his upcoming departure from the evening game show, Sajak will continue to serve as Hillsdale College’s Board of Trustees chairman.

Hillsdale College, a prominent conservative college in Michigan, announced Sajak’s promotion to chairman in 2019, following the announcement that William Brodbeck would be retiring.

“Pat is a brilliant mind. He brings a sound knowledge of the school,” Brodbeck told the Hillsdale Collegian at the time. “He can dramatically move Hillsdale forward, both on campus and around the country.”

Sajak said in his promotion to chairman from vice president, a role which he had served since 2003, said he wanted to see Hillsdale’s national reach continue to spread.

“Our funding comes from people who have never stepped foot on campus,” he said. “And that’s the challenge: the outreach.” :snippity:
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

A "brilliant mind" wouldn't be associated with Hillsdale. Their teevee advertising is transparent.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

My grand baby girl has grown up. She's heading downtown for the Taylor Swift concert. :think: :biggrin: :eek: :( :cantlook: :confuzzled: :oldlady:

Return to “General Stuff”