A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

this MTN contri utor suggests that there is another Republican plan to subvert the Electoral College process
Trump TERRIFIED of LOSING with Last-Ditch Plan

MeidasTouch
4 Aug 2024

Donald Trump's plot to undermine the 2024 election should he lose in November is being exposed through his ties to multiple far-right organizations. Anthony Davis reacts.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Mark Cuban Just DROPPED A BOMBSHELL On Trump’s Campaign

Occupy Democrats
1 Aug 2024
Billionaire business tycoon Mark Cuban just blindsided the Trump campagin with brutal news that may have a big impact on the election. Well done, Mark Cuban!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Yep. We know many real billionaires who could sell TFG over many many times.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

LIVE: Former FBI Agent Strzok Gets ULTIMATE REVENGE on Trump | The Weekend Show

MeidasTouch
started streaming 53 minutes ago The Weekend Show

As the Justice Department settles with Russia investigation FBI officials targeted by Donald Trump, former agent Peter Strzok joins Anthony Davis to discuss vindication, Trump’s incitement of violence, his abuse and racism. Plus the positivity and re-energized Democratic campaign with VP Kamala Harris at the helm - only on The Weekend Show.
https://www.youtube.com/live/KY7GLFRnp60
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Really good show this morning on 1A about VP pick (I guess I should xpost it there).

Good discussion of what difference - if any - a VP pick makes. Interesting comments from listeners. A lot of discussion about the need for Harris to pick a "moderate" candidate to "balance" her (although I think of her as moderate, but idk what the common wisdom is about her). There was discussion that the notion of a VP pick bringing voters from a geographic area is not as compelling as it once was (LBJ was probably the last good example I think they said). One caller said she'd voted for Trump in 2016 only because he'd picked Pence.

Then most interestingly, to me at least, is a discussion about what the sought-after "moderate" voter even is. Is it policy? Is it pragmatism? Is it an undecided person? The pragmatist take really resonated with me. While I'd personally probably be "liberal," I also know I'll never in a million years get everything I want in a candidate or policy. I'm in the camp who, as they say, work to get 60% of the loaf which is better than 0%. Not as good at 100%, but at least I get to eat. So am I a "moderate" in that respect? Maybe?

You can listen or there's a transcript you can read. SUPE interested discussion.

https://the1a.org/segments/if-you-can-k ... te-voters/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

Post by bob »

Too also, to the extent geography (read: electoral votes) is still a consideration, Waltz comes off as very Midwestern.

If that encourages turnout in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, then he's done his job.
Image ImageImage
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

IMG_1889.jpeg
IMG_1889.jpeg (163.86 KiB) Viewed 250 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:02 pm Too also, to the extent geography (read: electoral votes) is still a consideration, Waltz comes off as very Midwestern.

If that encourages turnout in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, then he's done his job.
He's also the comedian, or as someone said able to say things that aren't presidential.

He's got more hillbilly cred than Weirdo 2.

Infertility problems and IVF. That's on the nose.

I like that he's a hunter and was pro gun rights, but after the Stoneman shooting his daughter talked him into common sense gun control. That's what used to be normal back in the day.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:02 pm Too also, to the extent geography (read: electoral votes) is still a consideration, Waltz comes off as very Midwestern.

Rural midwestern.

Saw a high school classmate, a hunter and Army vet, mocking the "tampons in the boys' room" thing. Well, I guess you gotta run with what little you have.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

poplove wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:50 pmIMG_1889.jpeg
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin

Return to “US President”