Hijack This Thread

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hooray for Ms. Shizzle too!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Boom! :boxing:
:lovestruck: :thumbsup: :bighug:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:22 pm After 10 YeARS being cancer free, I have been released by my Oncologist!!!

https: //media.giphy.com/media/gFi7V9CRBQVW0/giphy.gif

https: //media.giphy.com/media/htHMAjOrrDcUXW7Bn8/giphy.gif
That's great news. Congrats!
roadscholar

Hijack This Thread

Post by roadscholar »

Happy happy joy joy!
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Lani

Hijack This Thread

Post by Lani »

roadscholar wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:22 pm Happy happy joy joy!
Hurray!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Flatpointhigh is an intense, amazing, tough (very tough) lady. She has survived a lot more than cancer, if you've been paying attention. She's a New Yorker, and she's the best of what New York means to me. Do you remember when she was kicked out of her apartment for freaking months during the pandemic? They put her in a hotel, IIRC, but still ...

Growing up in America, New York was the biggest city in the world, with 8 million people.

I know that's a laughably small number today. Tes lived in Shanghai. :shock:

But New York is, or was, the pinnacle in this great land of ours. If you can make it there ...

Flatpointhigh can make it there. That lady is awesome. :lovestruck:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 am :snippity:
But New York is, or was, the pinnacle in this great land of ours. If you can make it there ...
Even more after a certain FL senior citizen left the place for greener pastures ;)
Patagoniagirl

Hijack This Thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 am Flatpointhigh is an intense, amazing, tough (very tough) lady. She has survived a lot more than cancer, if you've been paying attention. She's a New Yorker, and she's the best of what New York means to me. Do you remember when she was kicked out of her apartment for freaking months during the pandemic? They put her in a hotel, IIRC, but still ...

Growing up in America, New York was the biggest city in the world, with 8 million people.

I know that's a laughably small number today. Tes lived in Shanghai. :shock:

Flatpointhigh can make it there. That lady is awesome. :lovestruck:
This made me remember how TFB is an amazing nest of truly tough, resilient Bowzers. And not just resilient but kind, smart, funny, introspective and decent. doG knows how many times it dragged me kicking and screaming back to the world.

Some here share struggles and concerns. Some may not, but hopefully know that this is more than just an online forum. Weez Fambly.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -tennessee
Jack Daniel’s facility blocked as whiskey vapour blamed for spread of fungus

At least it makes the angels happy.

Ethanol vapour released through porous whiskey barrels during the ageing of bourbon might bring a smile in the heavens – the fumes are known as the “angel’s share” – but it can mean misery for local mortals. A strain of black whiskey fungus feeds on the alcoholic gases, coating neighbourhoods around distilleries with a stubborn mouldy crust.

The spread of the fungus has become such a problem in Lincoln county, Tennessee, that a local court has halted construction of a new barrel warehouse for the world’s biggest-selling brand of American whiskey: Jack Daniel’s.

The move came after the owner of an events venue next to six operating warehouses sued the local zoning office, saying the fungus was out of control and damaging her business.

The fungus, Baudoinia compniacensis, is a familiar pest in the vicinity of barrelhouses which rely on wooden casks. Up to 2% of the volume of the alcohol can evaporate through the barrels each year as the drink matures, sending vapour into the air and encouraging the fungus.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Black Fungus. Well, that would certainly explain the taste.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Black Whiskey Fungus is the name of my next death metal chamber ensemble. :batting:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I posted this in my own thread but though more might see it here... Hope no one minds!
I've rejoined Facebook. If you're interested in connecting, my URL is https://facebook.com/kriseldagray, or just post your URL and I can send you a friend request.
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Patagoniagirl

Hijack This Thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Thanks, Doc! I bow to Stewart.
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

Here's the full interview
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

That is what I would call a verbal jack to the jaw... :boxing:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

That guy was such a dumbass to go toe to toe with Jon. Jon did a rope-a-dope on him.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

;) That wasn’t so hard, was it? Ask a question, refuse to move on until they actually answer (after they’ve run out of their prepared talking points). Don’t back down.

Stewart should start a J School.
Patagoniagirl

Hijack This Thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:01 pm ;) That wasn’t so hard, was it? Ask a question, refuse to move on until they actually answer (after they’ve run out of their prepared talking points). Don’t back down.

Stewart should start a J School.
I'm trying to think of anyone claiming to practice "journalism" who does what Stewart does. Jamie Raskins does hold people's feet to the fire. Thank doG he's doing that in hearings and in interviews.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Barbara Walters ( Baba Wawa in Radner speak) is one who comes to mind.
much ado

Hijack This Thread

Post by much ado »

Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

Albuterol shortage hits hospitals after manufacturer closes

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/02/albute ... nufacturer
Hospitals and health systems are dealing with a shortage of the inhalation drug albuterol after one of the last manufacturers producing the drug shuttered operations.

Why it matters: Liquid albuterol is a mainstay for treating asthma in kids and was in heavy use for RSV and COVID-19. Health systems have scrambled to get more supplies and figured out workarounds after drugmaker Akorn ceased operations in late February, the Washington Post reported.

Where things stand: Albuterol has been on the national medication shortage list for months, and without action by the Food and Drug Administration, a quick replacement is unlikely to materialize in the near future.

The FDA is reviewing how Akorn's closure will impact the nationwide supply of all the pharmaceuticals they were producing.

The details: Supply chain issues have dogged health care systems throughout the pandemic, including for some of the most commonly used medications.

The FDA could clarify if a new supplier could purchase the technology from Akorn or needs to submit an abbreviated new drug application — a process that could take months.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I've never needed breathing-related drugs, so I both know little and have no skin (or bronchioles) in the game.

But the Albuterol shortage: is that a US thing or worldwide? According to the Great Oracle of All Wisdom:
Wikipedia wrote:Salbutamol was patented in 1966 in Britain and became commercially available in the UK in 1969. It was approved for medical use in the United States in 1982. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines. Salbutamol is available as a generic medication. In 2020, it was the seventh most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 61 million prescriptions.
That makes it sound like it's probably available in that scary for'n country, Restoftheworldia.

Return to “General Stuff”