TTO - liquidation sale - Everything must go!

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

What will be the first to get sold off?

Boeing 757, missing an engine
19%
Sikorsky executive helicopter (reduced to sell!)
22%
Trump Hotel DC
19%
Doral golf course
No votes
Other golf courses
3%
Vornado buys out Trump’s share of two towers.
34%
St. Martin Mansion (airbnb potential!)
3%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes: 32

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: TTO - liquidation sale - Everything must go!

Post by Frater I*I »

It should [too] also be mentioned that aircraft in storage require certain maintenance checks at 7, 15, 30, and 45 day intervals to maintain an airworthiness cert, and A&P mech don't work pro bono. If that another bill he's deciding to skirt, welp there's always the re-cert process he can go through with the FAA to get it to ferry flight status...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

And then he has to find a flight crew and pay them up front.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

On a slightly related note, I was looking at the Google Maps satellite view of Channault Airport in Lake Charles, which I assume is what he is referring to. You can tell when that satellite shot was taken. The airport and much of Lake Charles are a mess. It must not have been too long after Laura last year. It looks like Laura relocated a DC-9 unless they are in the habit of parking the plane half on the tarmac, half on the lawn, and the tail on top of the low section of a hanger.
101010 :towel:
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 pm On a slightly related note, I was looking at the Google Maps satellite view of Channault Airport in Lake Charles, which I assume is what he is referring to. You can tell when that satellite shot was taken. The airport and much of Lake Charles are a mess. It must not have been too long after Laura last year. It looks like Laura relocated a DC-9 unless they are in the habit of parking the plane half on the tarmac, half on the lawn, and the tail on top of the low section of a hanger.
That's a derelict trainer used by the tech school there for the Airframe & Powerplant program....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:53 pm
northland10 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 pm On a slightly related note, I was looking at the Google Maps satellite view of Channault Airport in Lake Charles, which I assume is what he is referring to. You can tell when that satellite shot was taken. The airport and much of Lake Charles are a mess. It must not have been too long after Laura last year. It looks like Laura relocated a DC-9 unless they are in the habit of parking the plane half on the tarmac, half on the lawn, and the tail on top of the low section of a hanger.
That's a derelict trainer used by the tech school there for the Airframe & Powerplant program....
Take it back.. I guess it's a 727. Sometimes hard to tell from above since you don't know if the top engine is just a funny shot of a reflection or odd image joining of a regular tail or the actual engine. I assume it is still the same derelict trainer.

ETA.. I assume this is the one you are referring to as the trainer (and yes, my sloppiness said DC-9 when it really is a 727.
https://chennault.org/2017/10/10/sowela-plane-revealed/

And how the hurricane reparked it and damaged it.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:49 pm
chancery wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:40 pm
Off Topic
It seems a little strange to me that an engine can be rated as safe for exactly one cycle, but not more. Can anyone elaborate?
Off Topic
It wouldn't be, he needs one to rent for the ferry flight to the repair station for the airframe overhaul, or send that one out, wait for it to be overhauled, sent back, installed, and ops checked, then send the aircraft for depot work.

Ah, so it's a one-cycle rental, not a one-cycle safety certificate?
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

chancery wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:25 pm
Off Topic

Ah, so it's a one-cycle rental, not a one-cycle safety certificate?
Correct, the FAA won't grant a ferry flight permit for a twin engine aircraft that has one "out of time" as we refer to it.

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:11 pm
Take it back.. I guess it's a 727. Sometimes hard to tell from above since you don't know if the top engine is just a funny shot of a reflection or odd image joining of a regular tail or the actual engine. I assume it is still the same derelict trainer.

ETA.. I assume this is the one you are referring to as the trainer (and yes, my sloppiness said DC-9 when it really is a 727.
https://chennault.org/2017/10/10/sowela-plane-revealed/

And how the hurricane reparked it and damaged it.
I was just mentioning about the A/C parking situation :batting:

Yeah, it messed up, but hell, you should see every A&P school trainer A/C :rotflmao:

Hell I'm jealous of those kids, they got a working tri-jet trainer aircraft they get to fire up :biggrin:

[Full disclosure, I'm old enough to be every person's in my class parent....]

Trent Reznor
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

That 757 is reaching the stage where it would be more cost-effective to part it out on the spot. It is very old, with one missing engine, and has not flown for several years. I think it might cost $1m just to get it to the point where it can make a one-time ferry flight to...a boneyard.
I think that the Scottish Trump properties are money pits. Unless Trump still launders cash through them, they would be among the first on the block.
I am intrigued by the supposed property in St. Martin. We are going there in September on vacation. I may have to take my most powerful set of binoculars...
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

gshevlin2 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:01 pm That 757 is reaching the stage where it would be more cost-effective to part it out on the spot. It is very old, with one missing engine, and has not flown for several years. I think it might cost $1m just to get it to the point where it can make a one-time ferry flight to...a boneyard.
I think that the Scottish Trump properties are money pits. Unless Trump still launders cash through them, they would be among the first on the block.
I am intrigued by the supposed property in St. Martin. We are going there in September on vacation. I may have to take my most powerful set of binoculars...
I think they are renting it out as an airbnb
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

gshevlin2 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:01 pm That 757 is reaching the stage where it would be more cost-effective to part it out on the spot. It is very old, with one missing engine, and has not flown for several years. I think it might cost $1m just to get it to the point where it can make a one-time ferry flight to...a boneyard.
:snippity:
Freight haulers will buy it, the first two "cookie sheets" [as we call them in the industry, 8"X8" pallets with cargo piled 4" high] pays for flight crew and fuel. Plus, too, also, freight haulers are under a much less stringent maintenance requirements than a passenger airline [simply put: 2 people die when a cargo aircraft falls out of the air, 200 die when a passenger aircraft falls out of the sky. This is how the FAA looks at it.]

Trent Reznor

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”