Lucky Loser by Russ Buettner, Susanne Craig

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

I know how you feel, honestly. I might buy the Kindle version, just to support the author. But I don't want to read anything more than the excerpts people on Fogbow are posting. I would learn nothing about the man's character - I know that only too well already. I don't think the book is going to move the needle in the election. So I'd really just be learning lots of new facts that agree with what I already think, and many of them are probably cringeworthy. Just not terribly interesting.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

That’s the nice thing about the public library system in the United States. I can just borrow this book and not have to buy my own copy.

That said, I already know as much above Trump as I can stand. There are many other books I would rather spend my time reading as opposed to one about Trump!
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Suranis wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:55 pm But the overall feeling I got was... I felt dirty. I felt dirty for even wanting to know about this idiot. Its not that I felt dirty for caring, it's that felt dirty for buying into the whole media frenzy that made me care. Something like that anyway. I guess just didn't want my money to go into feeding this monster about this frankly pathetic and stupid man.
Thanks for that insightful reflection.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Don't they have lending libraries in Eire?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

keith wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:05 pm Don't they have lending libraries in Eire?
They do, I might go that route,
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am a bit confused. The author is not a Trumpist so as far as I can tell, the issue is more not wanted to hear to much about the turnip. Checking it out from the library would negate that.

I do get not wanting to encourage authors to write more Trump books.

Will the libraries in the Red Regions ban the book?
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I bought it on Kindle. About 20% into it. So far, it's mostly about how his dad Fred made his fortune (spoiler: he cheated on government contracts).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:40 pm I bought it on Kindle. About 20% into it. So far, it's mostly about how his dad Fred made his fortune (spoiler: he cheated on government contracts).
How about grammar running hoes in Alaska?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

keith wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:31 am
Rolodex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:40 pm I bought it on Kindle. About 20% into it. So far, it's mostly about how his dad Fred made his fortune (spoiler: he cheated on government contracts).
How about grammar running hoes in Alaska?
So far, it hasn't gone back that far. Just Fred and Mary. A little tidbit: apparently Mary grew up in Scotland, speaking Gaelic and English was a second language for her. She came to America to work as a domestic and apparently had a thick accent. With so much time spent with immigrants, it's amazing shithead is so anti-immigrant (of course his experience is with non-brown immigrants). After her last baby, according to the book, Mary kind of checked out from the family.

Another interesing thing (so far as I've read) is that Fred was all in on don from the start. He approve of everything donnie did, never pushed back on his lies (which started at the beginning of his working with his dad).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Yeah, just think of what a difference if he'd been subject to a little discipline and control at a young age instead of constantly bailing him out.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”