MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RVInit

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by RVInit »

Apparently his campaign brought the numbers to him. He had said that if the campaign's internal polling showed no path to victory that he would bow out. His campaign brought the numbers to him on Sunday.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
pipistrelle

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:03 pm I really really don't see anything mentally wrong with Biden. So I dint buy anything involving Dementia, that really is the media putting words in peoples mouths.

Its possible that something broke physically with him though. At that age the smallest thing can cause a cascade effect.
Endless headlines about Biden's poor/disastrous performance. Where were the ones about tfg's poor performance and lie-o-rama? And not that much about his subsequent good performances.

I suspect most of the pressure boiled down to $$$$$$$$$$. Doesn't everything? Today's headline is about how much $$$$$$$$$$ they're getting with his removal.

He's slowed down since the dog broke his foot, and the falls haven't helped. The final blow (aside from the attacks from his "friends") was likely another nasty bout with COVID. My guess is Jill Biden told him how much the job is hurting his health (it aged younger men like Clinton and Obama) and that she'd like to have him around a few more years. She's 8 years younger and probably doesn't want to be a widow quite yet.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:41 pm :yeahthat: I totally agree. The majority of Americans did not want a Trump/Biden rematch, they want something different. For many reasons, including that one, I had hoped Biden would not run again. He was 77 in 2020 and he took the job of POTUS seriously enough to have been one of the most consequential presidents of my life. And it aged him horribly, as any serious person is aged by that kind of responsibility. Americans are ready for a new generation and someone youthful to run for President. I love Joe Biden with all my heart and he saved us in 2020. I believe Harris can energize Democrats, especially with Biden's blessing. Young people love her, and I don't mean just the college age who are not reliable voters, but young as in under 50. And women will go for her, I believe. She's a more effective communicator than she's given credit for.
Yeahbut, Turnip is not a serious person and never takes responsibility for anything. He'll actually get younger during a second term.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:28 pm Or his bucket of fucks could just about be empty, and he knew it. So, he stepped aside.
Several pundits said the Hunter investigation and constant attacks were meant to break Joe. I believe it. He can be proud they didn't.
RVInit

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:24 pm
RVInit wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:41 pm :yeahthat: I totally agree. The majority of Americans did not want a Trump/Biden rematch, they want something different. For many reasons, including that one, I had hoped Biden would not run again. He was 77 in 2020 and he took the job of POTUS seriously enough to have been one of the most consequential presidents of my life. And it aged him horribly, as any serious person is aged by that kind of responsibility. Americans are ready for a new generation and someone youthful to run for President. I love Joe Biden with all my heart and he saved us in 2020. I believe Harris can energize Democrats, especially with Biden's blessing. Young people love her, and I don't mean just the college age who are not reliable voters, but young as in under 50. And women will go for her, I believe. She's a more effective communicator than she's given credit for.
Yeahbut, Turnip is not a serious person and never takes responsibility for anything. He'll actually get younger during a second term.
He's the only POTUS in my lifetime that did not age beyond normal aging during his "presidency". All he did was golf and line his pockets. The weight of responsibility was lost on him completely because you are right, he never takes responsibility for anything at all. Other presidents, even the ones I did not vote for, at least took the job seriously and it weighed on them, as it should have.

— Demetri Martin
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:42 pm :snippity:
He's the only POTUS in my lifetime that did not age beyond normal aging during his "presidency". All he did was golf and line his pockets. The weight of responsibility was lost on him completely because you are right, he never takes responsibility for anything at all. Other presidents, even the ones I did not vote for, at least took the job seriously and it weighed on them, as it should have.
He is the only one that in my [short by most members here at 48, this FRI BTW] lifetime that I have ever seen actively on a day to day basis work to divide the country into those that support Zee Orange Furher, and those that don't, who are automatically his enemies...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by AndyinPA »

He looked to me, even before the debate, that he had slowed down. We hadn't seen him bicycling in a while. His movement seemed different. I see nothing to say that he isn't still mentally sharp, but it takes more than that to be president. I'm not sure that he would have run again if it hadn't been tfg. I think he felt he was the only one who beat tfg, and he had to do it again. But gradually, his heart may not have been in it in the same way. The travel, the debate, and then another bout of Covid may have helped in his decision.

I am close enough to his age that I am very aware that although I feel pretty good on a daily basis, it could be the last good day I have. My husband last year was pretty good one day and on his deathbed the next. That was a real jolt. Then, a few diagnoses I've talked about here, A-fib and probable Parkinson's, delivered more jolts within a few months after I lost him. This is an age where you are very aware of your mortality.

I was very pissed when I heard the news yesterday. But it didn't take long to be thankful that he had made this decision, and the sooner he made it, the better. I think he has made the decision because it's best for the country. It's probably also best for him. My wish is that he has a well-deserved and long retirement.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
June bug

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by June bug »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:05 pm
bill_g wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:28 pm Or his bucket of fucks could just about be empty, and he knew it. So, he stepped aside.
I think a big part of that is having caught COVID again for the third time in four years...

At his age that shit is deadly....
I don’t think the deadly part was the issue. But I do think he was probably feeling very sick and very tired and that, along with no good news on the horizon, was the tipping point for him. The tipping point because the most important thing for him was and is what’s best for the country he loves.
❤️ you, Joe!
Sam the Centipede

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by Sam the Centipede »

At Biden's or Trump's age, mental and energy reserves are always reduced, so there is much less resilience to tiredness, infections, severe stress, etc. Many of us know that from personal experience!

Dementia is not necessarily a part of it so all.

Having Covid too is not good for an oldie. Even if nothing extreme happens, the weaker immune system takes longer to clear out the virus and repair of any damage is slower.

My personal view is that no-one should start presidenting or similar mega-jobs after the age of about 70. The additional life experience does not compensate for the reduced resilience. Plus people that old are personally further from their days as carers for young children, students, new workers, etc. Would I make it a law? Probably not, but it might guide my view on candidates.
RVInit

MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLES

Post by RVInit »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:13 pm He looked to me, even before the debate, that he had slowed down. We hadn't seen him bicycling in a while. His movement seemed different. I see nothing to say that he isn't still mentally sharp, but it takes more than that to be president. I'm not sure that he would have run again if it hadn't been tfg. I think he felt he was the only one who beat tfg, and he had to do it again. But gradually, his heart may not have been in it in the same way. The travel, the debate, and then another bout of Covid may have helped in his decision.

I am close enough to his age that I am very aware that although I feel pretty good on a daily basis, it could be the last good day I have. My husband last year was pretty good one day and on his deathbed the next. That was a real jolt. Then, a few diagnoses I've talked about here, A-fib and probable Parkinson's, delivered more jolts within a few months after I lost him. This is an age where you are very aware of your mortality.

I was very pissed when I heard the news yesterday. But it didn't take long to be thankful that he had made this decision, and the sooner he made it, the better. I think he has made the decision because it's best for the country. It's probably also best for him. My wish is that he has a well-deserved and long retirement.
I agree, the aging that I see in his is physical, I do not buy into the BS about dementia, at all. I don't think the debate had anything to do with mental issues, most of what I saw was him trying to give 5 minutes worth of answers within the 90 second time limit and then tripping over his own tongue because of it. He had fulsome answers to what has become just ridiculous debate rules. I remember when debates were substantive, candidates were allowed to spell out a fairly substantive account of their position. Debates have become nothing more than useless soundbites that benefit candidates that have nothing more than the equivalent of vaporware to offer. Joe is sound of mind and tired of body from what I have seen.

— Demetri Martin

Return to “Current Politics”