The Stupid Thread

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

A friend had it done when he was 35 or so. I don't know why. He said he wouldn't recommend it.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Lani

The Stupid Thread

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:27 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:12 am
neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:06 am :shrug:

I have no ear-lobes in the game here. The story was this male child (age not provided) was held in a "choke hold" and given an ear piercing. But then the child also said he wanted it. Who to believe?

Frankly, I find it very weird when parents pierce their young toddler daughter's ears without their consent. But that is the conservative side of neon talking.
Do you also find circumcision weird?
Actually, yes, it is weird. None of my nephews were chopped. That choice has been left to them at a latter date for themselves. (I was not given that choice for myself-- but it makes me part Jewish, I guess :shrug: )
Yep, weird. When my son was born, nurses and doctors came to see me when I wouldn't let them circumcision him. Then I had my baby brought to my room b/c they wouldn't leave us alone. I was told that he would be unhappy if I didn't do it. Nope. He thank me.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

The Stupid Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:06 am :shrug:

I have no ear-lobes in the game here. The story was this male child (age not provided) was held in a "choke hold" and given an ear piercing. But then the child also said he wanted it. Who to believe?

<snip>
That’s not uncommon victim behavior.

Too bad for the dad that it doesn’t matter whether the kid wanted it or not, because it apparently doesn’t have anything to do with consent.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette. They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people wasn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it.

Seven days later, they all came together to discuss their experience.

Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had various bandages on his body and limbs, went first.

"Well," he said, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary, Mother of God, he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him First Communion and Confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and both legs in casts, and had an I.V. drip.

In his best fire-and-brimstone oratory, he proclaimed, "WELL, Brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quickly DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising JEE-zus!"

The priest and the reverend both looked down at the rabbi, who was laying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with I.V.s and monitors running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape.

The rabbi said, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start."
Hic sunt dracones
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

9ciyTBfvYnmRXhbWFLrTS8Snw27e6nt34KTMPj_A7GY.jpg
9ciyTBfvYnmRXhbWFLrTS8Snw27e6nt34KTMPj_A7GY.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Just let the truck stand in a Walmart parking lot over night and some clever guy will know how to open it to get at the stash of dimes ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

Any halfway decent armored truck AI would graciously open the door for them. :roll: :mrgreen:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
RVInit

The Stupid Thread

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:32 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:39 am
northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:37 pm It would also give me room for a separate beer fridge so I can stop having various ales at too cold a temperature.
You sound like you might know this :) What's the difference between beer and ale?
This could be wrong, but I think I heard once upon a time that it has to do with whether the yeast mass floats or sinks. Further discussin with Dr. Google is required, but I gotta go to sleepy bye now.
I brew beer and you are correct that it has to do with the yeast. There are beer yeasts that ferment at room temperatures and yeasts that require cooler temperatures. When a beer is fermented at room temperatures using "ale" yeasts, those are ales, and when brewing a lager a brewer generally will use a refrigerator that has been modified to cool only down to the temperatures required for lager yeasts, which is cooler than room temperature but not as cool as typical food refrigeration. Typically lagers are considered to be more "smooth" and slightly less malty than ales, but the malt and hops do not denote the difference between lagers and ales, it's all in the yeast.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

I can't explain the bras. Why is there an obvious cut right before she starts actually hitting them?

(video is a woman in a US flag bikini top shooting a few dozen cans of Bud Light with an assault-style rifle)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:39 pm I can't explain the bras. Why is there an obvious cut right before she starts actually hitting them?

(video is a woman in a US flag bikini top shooting a few dozen cans of Bud Light with an assault-style rifle)
it heats the incels up
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dave from down under

The Stupid Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:39 pm I can't explain the bras. Why is there an obvious cut right before she starts actually hitting them?
At least the first 3 rounds are into the bras.

they had to cut out the next section where she just kept missing the cans because it is just so ironic. :rotflmao:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The Stupid Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

:snippity:
As this Marine Corps range coach can tell you, she's a piss poor shot, one of her most outstanding flaws is she jerks the trigger, you do a gentle squeeze to the rear with the trigger, her foot stance is not great either, guess if she did it right it would lessen her ass show off for viewers. At least she knew to keep right elbow hanging down naturally rather than cocking it out to the side...

But what do I know I was just rated expert 3 time by the Corps... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:01 pm
As this Marine Corps range coach can tell you, she's a piss poor shot, one of her most outstanding flaws is she jerks the trigger, you do a gentle squeeze to the rear with the trigger, her foot stance is not great either, guess if she did it right it would lessen her ass show off for viewers. At least she knew to keep right elbow hanging down naturally rather than cocking it out to the side...

She’s also, what, five feet away?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

I learned not to jerk the trigger, among other things, in boy scouts. We also learned very strict firearm safety in boy scouts, which is not part of the RWNJ gun obsession.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:51 pm

I learned not to jerk the trigger, among other things, in boy scouts. We also learned very strict firearm safety in boy scouts, which is not part of the RWNJ gun obsession.
Yeahbt, BSA= groomers... amirite?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:59 am A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette. They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

a followup video on the story of father getting arrested for piercing boys ear

bob

The Stupid Thread

Post by bob »

The bras were from the too-woke brand, Honey Birdette:
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

FBI called a Florida woman about the Jan. 6 attack. What she did next landed her in prison

Grethel Aguila, Omar Rodríguez Ortiz
Thu, April 27, 2023 at 9:46 PM GMT+2

A South Florida woman suspected of being involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol will spend more than a year behind bars — but not for her alleged role in the riot.

Suzanne Ellen Kaye, was sentenced to 18 months in prison by a federal district judge in West Palm Beach on Monday. The 61-year-old was found guilty of making threats toward FBI agents in a 2022 jury trial.

Kaye’s charges date back to January 2021, when the FBI called her up hoping to get an interview.

The agents wanted to question Kaye about her whereabouts on Jan. 6 as the FBI’s national threats operation center received an online tip that she may have been at the Capitol during the attack, court records say.

Kaye, who told FBI agents she was retired and couldn’t drive, agreed to meet in her Boca Raton home, according to court records. But before FBI agents showed up, she had posted three videos on her Facebook page, ANGRY Patriot Hippie.

In the publicly available videos, one of which she captioned “F*** the FBI,” Kaye mentioned that agents wanted to meet with her, court records say. Then, she threatened to exercise her “second amendment right to shoot your f****** a**” if the FBI pulled up to her home.

Agents learned of her social media posts in February 2021 through a second online tip, court records say. They then paid Kaye a visit more than a week later — and arrested her.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-called-f ... 53679.html
(original: Miami Herald)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Bud Light continues to tank, but is maintaining the top spot. For now. Wait until they see what All-American beer is in second place, :lol:. I'm doing my part, I've switched from water to beer flavored water bud light whenever I can.
Bud Light sales continue to plummet after transgender marketing controversy

Sales of Bud Light have been plunging since the company enlisted the help of transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney in a marketing campaign a month ago.

In the week that ended April 22, the brand’s in-store sales plummeted more than 26%, according to figures reported by Bump Williams Consulting, a Connecticut-based firm that specializes in the alcoholic beverage industry.

And the decline is only accelerating. The week before, sales dropped by 21%. The week before that, it was 11%.

Bud Light is still the bestselling beer in America by far, said Bump Williams, the founder, president and CEO of the agency that bears his name. In 2022, Anheuser-Busch InBev sold more than $4.8 billion worth of it in stores, he said, far outpacing Modelo Especial ($3.75 billion) and Michelob Ultra ($3.3 billion).

But if the company can’t stop the decline in sales, especially as the peak beer-drinking summer season approaches, “then Bud Light is in serious trouble this year. And I think it runs the risk of losing that No. 1 position at the end of calendar year 2023 to Modelo Especial,” Williams said.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:13 pm
In the week that ended April 22, the brand’s in-store sales plummeted more than 26%, according to figures reported by Bump Williams Consulting, a Connecticut-based firm that specializes in the alcoholic beverage industry.
Ya I had an argument with an idiot on facebook about that this morning. The thing is, that number is true if you take the reduction in sales figures FROM 2017. If you actually look at the last few weeks, the drop is only about 15-16%.

The fact is that Bud's prominence in the USA has been falling for 6 years. This is just another bump on a long downward sales graph. American tastes are changing, the Pandemic gave it a major slap as people tried out other alternitives, and Bud along with most American beer is now brewed in Mexico which causes a number of problems.

More in this article "The Real reason Bud Light sales are plunging."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... s-america/
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

'I fell for it': Florida principal resigns after sending $100K to scammer posing as Elon Musk

ByClaire Metz, WESH, CNNWire
Thursday, March 30, 2023

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A principal of a charter school in Volusia County resigned after writing a $100,000 check to an internet scammer posing as Elon Musk.

Dr. Jan McGee worked at Burns Science and Technology Charter in Oak Hill since its inception. The school and McGee have always been well thought of. Burns Science and Technology is A-rated with just under 1,000 students and a huge waiting list. The principal who has guided it all these years is a superstar in many circles, but a huge lapse in judgment has cost her her job.

"I am a very smart lady. Well-educated. I fell for a scam," McGee said.

McGee told a packed audience she was taken in by a fake Elon Musk, someone posing online as the space pioneer. Someone she'd been talking with for at least four months despite being warned by staff that the person was a fraud. She claims he groomed her, WESH reported.

"Grooming is when you talk to somebody and you believe in them, and they get you to trust them that this is really real, and so I fell for it," McGee said.

For years, principal McGee talked to anyone who would listen about getting Musk and his money involved in the STEM school, a stone's throw from the Space Coast, and apparently thought she'd finally gotten his ear.

"Somehow she believed it," board chair Albert Amalfitano said. "He must have been really convincing."

Amalfitano says that McGee wrote a $100,000 check out of the school's account. She reportedly believed the person she made the check out to was Musk's right-hand man.

"Matching funds with this guy and he was supposed to give like $6 million to the school," Amalfitano said.

https://abc7chicago.com/fake-elon-musk- ... /13044937/
Maybenaut

The Stupid Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:03 am
'I fell for it': Florida principal resigns after sending $100K to scammer posing as Elon Musk

Thursday, March 30, 2023

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A principal of a charter school in Volusia County resigned after writing a $100,000 check to an internet scammer posing as Elon Musk.
People who really want to give you money never, ever ask you to give them money.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

The Stupid Thread

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 am

Thursday, March 30, 2023

People who really want to give you money never, ever ask you to give them money.
First, it's surprising that this woman would voluntarily resign after being scammed like this. We're increasingly used to people like George Santos, who have absolutely no shame whatsoever. So when she does the honorable thing, it's almost quaint.

Second, it occurs to me that the person running the scam may not be some random online scammer but may be someone who knows her and the school well, because she had apparently wanted to get Musk (specifically) as a donor for years. Someone who knows this particular school might have decided to target them based on some knowledge that you can't just find in a broad Google search. I wonder if they catch the person.

Third, this is the price of hubris: "out of the 65,000 elementary schools in the US, I wanted ours to be recognized as one of the most special because it's one of only a handful to get money from the Smartest Guy EverTM." Of course, just underneath is the implicit message that it would be special because of her brilliant leadership.
Maybenaut

The Stupid Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:07 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 am
First, it's surprising that this woman would voluntarily resign after being scammed like this. We're increasingly used to people like George Santos, who have absolutely no shame whatsoever. So when she does the honorable thing, it's almost quaint.

Second, it occurs to me that the person running the scam may not be some random online scammer but may be someone who knows her and the school well, because she had apparently wanted to get Musk (specifically) as a donor for years. Someone who knows this particular school might have decided to target them based on some knowledge that you can't just find in a broad Google search. I wonder if they catch the person.

Third, this is the price of hubris: "out of the 65,000 elementary schools in the US, I wanted ours to be recognized as one of the most special because it's one of only a handful to get money from the Smartest Guy EverTM." Of course, just underneath is the implicit message that it would be special because of her brilliant leadership.
According to the article, she resigned, not only because of this but because other people who worked at the school and described a toxic environment told the board they would quit if she didn’t resign. I think she saw the handwriting on the wall.

I wonder whether the scammer really wasn’t interested in getting the money as much as getting her out. She not only wrote a check to the scammer, but it was for double the amount she was authorized to draw. I wonder if the scammer knew that. The article doesn’t say how the business manager for the school found out about the check in time to stop payment. But I agree it was likely not some rando, and I wonder whether it wasn’t some scheme to force her out.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”