George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

George Santos Shows Early Signs of Tilting to the Hard Right
Through his staff hires and his public appearances with members of the House Freedom Caucus, Representative George Santos has signaled a move away from the mainstream.

By Michael Gold
Jan. 18, 2023, 3:00 a.m. ET

On his first day in Congress, Representative George Santos of New York spent most of his time alone, isolated from his new colleagues. But by week’s end, he had found his place: alongside members of the hard-right House Freedom Caucus, including Representatives Matt Gaetz of Florida and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

As a growing number of fellow Republican representatives called for his resignation, Mr. Santos dug in further, appearing last week on “Bannon’s War Room,” the podcast of Stephen K. Bannon, a former adviser to President Donald J. Trump who was involved in the effort to overturn the 2020 election.

For seven minutes, Mr. Santos chatted with Mr. Gaetz, who was filling in for Mr. Bannon. He spoke little about his political views. Instead, with Mr. Gaetz’s support, he swatted away mounting concerns about his lies about his background, his campaign spending and the inquiries he is facing about both ethical violations and potential crimes.

Mr. Santos’s actions in the House chamber so far this year, his willingness to appear on Mr. Bannon’s podcast and the few public hires he has made to his congressional staff all suggest that his stance in Congress, should he remain for his full two-year term, will be further to the right than the one he adopted on the campaign trail.

His appearance on the Bannon podcast, often a platform for election deniers and far-right conspiracy theorists, has revived campaign questions about where the congressman sits on the conservative spectrum.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/nyre ... staff.html
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:26 pm That's despicable.

:explode:
Gawd, that's horrible. Killed the dog, broke the human's heart.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:40 am https://twitter.com/TheNewWorks/status/ ... 2074173440
Rep. Dan Goldman

Jan 15, 2023
@RepDanGoldman

Bombshell reporting from @nytimes revealed that @SpeakerMcCarthy and @RepStefanik knew about George Santos’s scheme to defraud the American people all along. In the name of transparency, they must cooperate with all investigations to uncover the truth.

@TheNewWorks

FYI kept track of lies. Here's a cheat sheet for those of you following
9:17 PM · Jan 15, 2023
Seems to relate to the NYT article posted above at https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 94#p167294
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"I have never ever been in a position where I have suffered any kind of discrimination in Republican circles. But it happens constantly in Democrat circles."
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: On the Steak for Breakfast Podcast in August, Republican Congressman George Santos claimed he “used to go to the Met Gala,” but now they, along with the NYC Pride Parade and NYC museums, are discriminating against him over his “ethnicity,” “orientation,” and “political opinions.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:21 am
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: On the Steak for Breakfast Podcast in August, Republican Congressman George Santos claimed he “used to go to the Met Gala,” but now they, along with the NYC Pride Parade and NYC museums, are discriminating against him over his “ethnicity,” “orientation,” and “political opinions.”
Well!
If George Santos says it, it MUST be true!
raison de arizona

*gasp* :yawn:
George Santos’ latest doozy: Records show his mom wasn’t in NYC on 9/11
The embattled congressman’s claim that his mother worked in the World Trade Center is contradicted by newly discovered documents
:snippity:
https://forward.com/news/532350/george- ... documents/
tldr; immigration records place his mother in Brazil on 9/11.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

But she was the top female executive in Brazil. Right?
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:43 pm But she was the top female executive in Brazil. Right?
Yup.
The records show that she wasn’t a bean counter, but a bean picker. As a young woman with a ninth grade education, she came to the United States on a Seasonal Agricultural Workers visa and worked on a South Florida bean and squash farm for $2.50 an hour. Later, she moved to New York and worked as a home aide and housekeeper.
raison de arizona

No idea if this one is true, been seeing it all morning, but now that it is being reported by an @msnbc reporter, I guess it's post-worthy. More info at the tweet thread.
Marisa Kabas @MarisaKabas wrote: NEW: I just spoke by phone with Eula Rochard, a Brazilian drag queen who was friends with George Santos when he lived near Rio. She said everyone knew him as Anthony (*never* George), or by his drag name, Kitara, and confirms this photo is from a 2008 drag show at Icaraí Beach.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:45 am
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:21 am
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: On the Steak for Breakfast Podcast in August, Republican Congressman George Santos claimed he “used to go to the Met Gala,” but now they, along with the NYC Pride Parade and NYC museums, are discriminating against him over his “ethnicity,” “orientation,” and or “political opinions.”
Well!
If George Santos says it, it MUST be true!
A simple one word fix, since 'or' can pull so much duty, there. Political opinions *can* be the basis of discrimination, and should, though we're all pretty well aware of that here.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Wonder if Gaetz knew about this and got some sugar in exchange for friendship with Anthony.

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
George Santos' voters will be so proud when they hear about Kitara. So will @mattgaetz & @HouseGOP. Anthony/Kitara should live his best life and not be lying about it. #DragOnTheHouse #KitaraSantos

Must be a pal of Dr. Oz:

Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe
Two New Jersey veterans say George Santos promised to raise funds for a lifesaving surgery for a service dog — then disappeared.
https://patch.com/new-york/oysterbay/di ... s-gofundme
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Why did he say he had two names then?”
“Well, he used zebrosky for his gofundme. He would say oh, well the Jews will give more if you're a Jew. So that is the name he used for his gofundmes”
I queued up last night's show and watched the whole interview. Worth the time to see it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Erin Burnette/Outfront says she'll have the veteran who lost his dog on this hour.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

FB_IMG_1674088602655.jpg
FB_IMG_1674088602655.jpg (55.19 KiB) Viewed 568 times
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Huh. Lookit that. Drag queens do groom people… to be Republican “politicians”. :lol:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:28 pm
news lady raison linked to wrote:NEW: I just spoke by phone with Eula Rochard, a Brazilian drag queen who was friends with George Santos when he lived near Rio. She said everyone knew him as Anthony (*never* George), or by his drag name, Kitara, and confirms this photo is from a 2008 drag show at Icaraí Beach.
IMO, this is really the least newsworthy thing about Santos. I mean, the Republicans aren’t going to like it and I’m generally in favor of exposing things they don’t like. But who cares if Santos was or is a drag queen?

I don’t know enough about what Santos has said about the LGBTQ community and I’m willing to retract my who-gives-a-rat’s-ass if it turns out he’s said or done bigoted things towards that community and this info exposes him as a hypocrite. But the fact of the drag queen-ness by itself is OK with me.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The PBs and other miscreants are hassling drag shows and events because of the Republican Party party line on trans people - hell, sex in all its forms except missionary- as vocalized by Tucker and the far right poseurs. Of course we don’t care if they’re drag queens, unless they’re going to smirk at us from a stolen seat in Congress while smoking a Cuban cigar bought while fighting in the Bay of Pigs campaign. Fer chrissakes, this guy is making fools of EVERYBODY and they don’t seem to care.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The picture of Santos as an alleged drag queen is so grainy and of such poor quality that it is impossible to know if it is photoshopped or not.

This is just the kind of thing that some people love to create, using doctored photos. The picture of him in a Dallas Cowboys uniform is a much better photoshop job, but is obviously a fake.

Personally, I'm not ready to accept the drag queen story as true, just based on that picture.
much ado

Post by much ado »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 pm
Personally, I'm not ready to accept the drag queen story as true, just based on that picture.
Yeah. We need video.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Agree we need more on the drag queen story, it's the hypocrisy of the MAGA GOP doing everything possible to be vile to gay and trans people. Marisa has 53K followers and seems like a responsible journalist now. It's putting him forward as the face of the GOP for 2024 and that's going well.
Marisa Kabas @MarisaKabas freelance writer/reporter • @msnbc columnist • 💌: MKwrites4000@proton.me Brooklyn, NY thehandbasket.substack.com Born August 4 Joined April 2009
998 Following 53K Followers

About the dog:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:46 pm The PBs and other miscreants are hassling drag shows and events because of the Republican Party party line on trans people - hell, sex in all its forms except missionary- as vocalized by Tucker and the far right poseurs. Of course we don’t care if they’re drag queens, unless they’re going to smirk at us from a stolen seat in Congress while smoking a Cuban cigar bought while fighting in the Bay of Pigs campaign. Fer chrissakes, this guy is making fools of EVERYBODY and they don’t seem to care.
He's a vote. As long as he does what he's told, he can drink baby's blood on Fox and Friends while reciting the Satanic Mass and no one is going to do a thing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, he's an unmovable object. But there's an irresistible force, and that's the people who voted for him. He represents a lot of rich Republicans who aren't very happy right now. And they are not going to sit back and say, "Well, he shore fooled me, by gum." They didn't get to be rich Republicans by sitting on their thumbs.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:12 am Yeah, he's an unmovable object. But there's an irresistible force, and that's the people who voted for him. He represents a lot of rich Republicans who aren't very happy right now. And they are not going to sit back and say, "Well, he shore fooled me, by gum." They didn't get to be rich Republicans by sitting on their thumbs.
Yes, but. They didn’t do any vetting, either. Or the locals GOPers let the national party do it’s work for them, and they don’t care so long as there’s an R in parentheses after the candidate’s name, and it doesn’t look like the Dems are coming out with anything.

And speaking of people who were asleep at the switch…

So this was a clusterfuck all the way around.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Current Politics”