Donald J. Trump 2024

p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Brilliant. Tx!
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:15 am Just to clarify, in case anyone is still wondering, the shooter was lying in wait. He was waiting for fuckhead to get within range as he (fuckhead) advanced along the golf course. Like when you're deer hunting and you wait for the deer to pass by?

The secret service agents were moving some distance ahead of fuckhead along the golf course, checking for potential dangers. They call it (as I learned yesterday), creating a bubble around him. A bubble that moved as he moved, keeping him in the center. So they spotted the shooter well before fuckhead was in range.
Nice of the SS to reveal their security protocols. Guess they're gonna hafta change it up now.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Yeah I heard a report on NPR this morning that they were one hole ahead of him on the course. As a candidate he has less SS than the POTUS but they may beef that up after this.

But hey getting shot is just a fact of life. - JD Vance
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

So he sat in the woods for about 12 hours. I don't actually think he knew trump was going to be there and would have been camping out for as long as possible. He had food packed as well as an SKS which has just as little range as the AK47. Charging documents reads that it was the secret service that fired in the direction of the rifle poking out through a fence. Doesn't look like he even fired once.

What's noteworthy in the charging documents. He's not being charged with attempted assassination of the former president. He's being charged with firearms violations

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -complaint
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Isn't shooting at people part of his 1A rights? :roll:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

If I'm understanding correctly, the Secret Service spotted the gun poking through the fence? Would it be a plausible assumption to say, if the guy had waited to poke the rifle through the fence until Trump was in sight, he might've been successful?
ImageImageImage x5
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

I’m waiting for Anders to show up and say he was just out hunting…
And that even if he did intend to shoot the orange one then it would be in self defence as he feared for his life because the orange one was a felon and was armed with a vorpal golf club..
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

bill_g wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:28 pm Isn't shooting at people part of his 1A rights? :roll:
Bridge sniper wasn’t convicted of pointing his rifle at LEO at the Bundy ranch gang attack.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:15 pm What's noteworthy in the charging documents. He's not being charged with attempted assassination of the former president. He's being charged with firearms violations

I would presume they'd start that way until they can show proof of his specific intent in being there, especially if he didn't get a shot off or get FJT anywhere near range and sights.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Maybenaut »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:56 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:15 pm What's noteworthy in the charging documents. He's not being charged with attempted assassination of the former president. He's being charged with firearms violations

I would presume they'd start that way until they can show proof of his specific intent in being there, especially if he didn't get a shot off or get FJT anywhere near range and sights.
They start with the low-hanging fruit. He’s a felon in possession. The circumstances (laying in wait and stolen vehicle tags) suggest no bail because he’s both a danger and a flight risk. Dude isn’t going anywhere. We can expect a superseding indictment after the FBI gets done waterboarding interviewing him.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:52 pm I’m waiting for Anders to show up and say he was just out hunting…
And that even if he did intend to shoot the orange one then it would be in self defence as he feared for his life because the orange one was a felon and was armed with a vorpal golf club..
No non nein. He was there providing security, and came with a medical kit just in case he needed to render aid. Plus he had water, an extra gun, plenty of ammo, and snacks. Totally harmless. Nothing at all like anders pet boy.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Surely the NRA (or it’s successor) will be along to defend his right to bear arms adjacent to a golf course.
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Yes, as they should.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

So, the latest poop from ABC this morning is that Trump decided at the last minute to golf on that day. So, nobody, not even SS knew that Trump was going to be on that golf course until minutes before. That adds a very interesting element to this story.

Why would a wannabe shooter just camp out near the golf course just in case Donnie decided to go golfing that day?
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
cjroberts
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by cjroberts »

Has anyone checked to see if the convicted felon or his armed companions were packing Skittles? The felon had already covered 5/6ths of the approach to this guy.
Go Land Crabs!
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

So, this guy is a real weirdo. I got into a long thread on the twit, and hoo boy. One of my big takeaways is who is funding this guy. Afaik, reports say he worked construction in NC. And he's currently (or was recently) living in Hawaii (not a cheap place to live). Plus, he's apparently traveled to Belarus, Ukraine and other places (stayed in Ukraine for several months!). I think his guns were pretty spendy, too (though I'm not an expert on that).

He was a rogue rando trying to recruit Afghans to go to Ukraine.

Posting a threadreader in case folks can't/don't want to do the X. After reading all this, if it's accurate, it makes me think he's getting paid by Russia. Remember the "jet setter" guy that the Tenet broadcasting people were told was funding them (and they just accepted that answer even though that person had zero presence beyond the one photo Tenet got. I think maybe the youtubers who got $100k/video were told this is who was paying).

Anyway, I think this is going to be a complicated story. If Russia was funding this guy, not sure to what ends, though, bc Russia wants Trump. Maybe he was assigned to make a weak attempt to change the news cycles and drum up sympathy for trump so he could also fund raise off the event. :shrug:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1835 ... 41480.html
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:41 pm If I'm understanding correctly, the Secret Service spotted the gun poking through the fence? Would it be a plausible assumption to say, if the guy had waited to poke the rifle through the fence until Trump was in sight, he might've been successful?
The director may have something in his notes about that in his copy of the scene script. That may have been some ad libbing by the local talent hired for the part.
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

It didn't take the asshole very long.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-b ... =113727515
Former President Donald Trump on Monday blamed a polarized political environment and "rhetoric" from Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden for the possible assassination attempt on his life over the weekend.

He said that things Harris and Biden said caused the suspected gunman Ryan Wesley Routh to act on Sunday.

"He believed the rhetoric of Biden and Harris, and he acted on it," Trump said of the gunman in an interview with Fox News Digital. "Their rhetoric is causing me to be shot at, when I am the one who is going to save the country, and they are the ones that are destroying the country -- both from the inside and out."

While blaming Democrats for using "highly inflammatory language," the former president himself also attacked his opponents, calling them enemies and threats.

"These are people that want to destroy our country," Trump said. "It is called the enemy from within. They are the real threat."
This lunatic is stirring up more shit. I hate him.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:00 am Bit of gun geek info re the purported rifle.

Assuming it was in fact an "AK-47" style rifle in the standard 7.63x39 round, at 300 yards, you are really getting at the edge of where a reasonably competent rifleman can reliably hit a man sized target. NOT the range at which the round coud kill someone which is far longer.

The round comes in basically the same bullet weight (usually 123 -125 grains) and with little in the way of customisation by bullet construction.

At 300 yards, the drop from the rifle however can vary wildly depending upon the round manufacturer with ballistics charts showing a range from 14" to 28" so if the assailaint just had a grab bag of ammo and hadn't kept the same batch, of the same manufacturers ammo any zeroi'ing he had done will be all over the shop.

At 400 yards the drop runs from 41"-70" so really sub-optimal for "sniping"

Wannabe muppet not even a vaguelly thought through operation.
Awww c'mon. Doncha know there isn't anything you can't do with an AK-47 or AR15? Those are the two most versatile weapons ever made. You can hunt bear. You can hunt deer. You can do everything with these two rifles. That's why they are so popular. This is why everyone and their neighbor has one. You don't even need to aim the thing. Just point and shoot. That's how they used them in Vietnam. Ask any self-styled gun expert.
Largo al factotum.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

The guy is not being charged with anything related to an attempted assassination, at least not yet. The only shots that took place were by the Secret Service.

It would not surprise me if this was some kind of "false flag" like the right is always screaming about. Trump is sure benefitting from it. More talk about "they" are trying to stop him, "they" are trying to kill him. I don't see any "they" involved in either one of these unless "they" are paying this second guy to set himself up. Funny that he happened to be somewhere lying in wait for someone who wasn't known ahead of time was even going to be there.

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:39 pm The guy is not being charged with anything related to an attempted assassination, at least not yet. The only shots that took place were by the Secret Service.

It would not surprise me if this was some kind of "false flag" like the right is always screaming about. Trump is sure benefitting from it. More talk about "they" are trying to stop him, "they" are trying to kill him. I don't see any "they" involved in either one of these unless "they" are paying this second guy to set himself up. Funny that he happened to be somewhere lying in wait for someone who wasn't known ahead of time was even going to be there.

Well, he's certainly blaming Biden and Harris.
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

It just seems odd. Trump had a fundraiser out and ready to go within minutes of the incident being reported.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:14 pm So, the latest poop from ABC this morning is that Trump decided at the last minute to golf on that day. So, nobody, not even SS knew that Trump was going to be on that golf course until minutes before. That adds a very interesting element to this story.

Why would a wannabe shooter just camp out near the golf course just in case Donnie decided to go golfing that day?
He could have been camping there many times before and just never got noticed.

Return to “US President”