US v. Trump - Espionage Act - (9:23-cr-80101) District Court, S.D. Florida

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

Will this case go to trial before the primary elections?

Yes, and it will be a wonderful circus
23%
No, Judge Cannon will dismiss the case on a motion to dismiss
5%
No, Trump’s attorneys will work out a plea bargain
2%
No, the case will be in the appeals court through the 2024 election
19%
No, Judge Cannon will grant numerous motions to delay the case
29%
No, this case will NEVER go to trial, but I don't know what will happen
8%
Some other option, which I will describe in a post.
3%
Debilitating brain aneurysm
10%

Total votes: 124

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Isn't that cool? Send in some Cokes.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:24 am
Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:30 am You legal eagles out there, does this CNN leak of audio content damage the prosecution case in any way, in terms of potential prejudicial information for future jury members, hearing this content in advance?
The only part I heard is already quoted in the indictment. Is there more?
I thought this audio clip was longer, but just checked the indictment again and yeah, it seems to be the same, with the paper rustling It just sounds more incriminating than it reads. :lol:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:05 am
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:24 am
Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:30 am You legal eagles out there, does this CNN leak of audio content damage the prosecution case in any way, in terms of potential prejudicial information for future jury members, hearing this content in advance?
The only part I heard is already quoted in the indictment. Is there more?
I thought this audio clip was longer, but just checked the indictment again and yeah, it seems to be the same, with the paper rustling It just sounds more incriminating than it reads. :lol:
And the sound of them all laughing is more disturbing than it reads in the transcript.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Walt Nauta couldn’t get a flight to Miami. Trump’s co-defendant will NOT be arraigned today. (Storms jammed his flight on the tarmac)

But .. it turns out .. he hasn’t found a local attorney yet anyhow. He was gonna ask for delay anyhow

New arraignment date - July 6
somerset

Post by somerset »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:09 am
ALERT: Walt Nauta couldn’t get a flight to Miami. Trump’s co-defendant will NOT be arraigned today. (Storms jammed his flight on the tarmac)

But .. it turns out .. he hasn’t found a local attorney yet anyhow. He was gonna ask for delay anyhow

New arraignment date - July 6
Is he looking for a local attorney to actually represent him, or local sponsor for his current attorney to represent him PHV in Florida?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
And yes... Magistrate Judge Edwin Torres reminded Nauta's current defense attorney Stan Woodward that if Nauta can't afford a lawyer, Torres would appoint one

(The search for Florida counsel for Nauta continues....)
bob

Post by bob »

It could create fodder for an appeal, but not especially good fodder.

I think the worst-case scenario for the prosecution is that some prospective jurors will be dismissed because they can't be objective about the the evidence that'll be presented in court. So maybe the prosecutor will lose some otherwise favorable prospective jurors.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump didn't send Trump Force One to take Nauta to Florida via a circuitous bad weather avoiding inland route? :o

Nauta might start to think Trump is not a good friend. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

What strikes me about the audio is how casually he discussed the document with people who had no real relevant interest in it. It's how somebody talks when it's something they do all the time. I'm betting there are a hundred other stories just like this one that nobody is talking about.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CEO of Trump Media Devin Nunes hops on Newsmax for some damage control. He said the leaked audio is a “nothingburger” and “probably taken out of context,” and Trump was just trying to show how woke Gen Milley had gotten.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:56 pm What strikes me about the audio is how casually he discussed the document with people who had no real relevant interest in it. It's how somebody talks when it's something they do all the time. I'm betting there are a hundred other stories just like this one that nobody is talking about.
YES THAT.

I have no idea why he would whimsically share information like that. He is mental. State secret intel, for real Donny bro?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:06 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:56 pm What strikes me about the audio is how casually he discussed the document with people who had no real relevant interest in it. It's how somebody talks when it's something they do all the time. I'm betting there are a hundred other stories just like this one that nobody is talking about.
YES THAT.

I have no idea why he would whimsically share information like that. He is mental. State secret intel, for real Donny bro?
Because it makes him feel like a Big Man, it makes him feel Important.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I hope at least one more of these audios shows up. I'd guess there are more.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I think I heard somebody say that the meeting (and audio) was with Mark Meadows for his attempted-fawning-but-backfired book. Probably everybody there was secretly recording ala Omarosa. T**** is the worst leaker of all so wouldn't surprise me if a lot of this is coming from him to get ahead of it.

Leo is doing more Spaces. He actually starts this one with Darth Vader's theme, also known as "The Imperial March".

Leo Donofrio, Esq. @LCDLAW1 3h
TRUMP 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED BY NARA & FBI
sudden Space#1 @realDonaldTrump @DonaldJTrumpJr

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1OdJrzVVdLwJX?s=20

Leo Donofrio, Esq. @LCDLAW1 21h
MAL Warrant was obtained by fraud & the initial subpoena could not have been enforced, as there was no "Custodian" of the FPA "Office". Trump was right not wanting to "play ball". 2d subpoena for videos was to Bobb as "Custodian" of "Trump Oganization" [sic].

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1dRKZMNMXVXxB?s=20

REALIST, I'm getting close to PANICKING... first Kari Lake and now this. We may need the 699th to STOP THIS before Leo wins again. Who TF is letting Leo run wild and destroy the government's case? WHO IS FUNDING THIS?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:26 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:06 pm
YES THAT.

Because it makes him feel like a Big Man, it makes him feel Important.
:yeahthat:

He does say in the video that they probably hadn’t believed him. I think it made him feel big to prove to others he was that important to have such papers and that they were so impressed that he was right (about having the classified documents and that he proved Milley wrong).
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

This is my feeling about the women he's assaulted as well. No one wants to come forward to state on the record that he bragged about his assaults, because they know they would be hounded to death, but you KNOW there are a lot of people who *could* be witnesses if they were up to the public flaying they'd receive.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 Trump just may have incriminated himself further in an interview with Fox Digital:
"I had a whole desk full of lots of papers and mostly newspaper articles, copies of magazines, COPIES OF DIFFERENT PLANS, copies of stories having to do with many, many subjects.”

Asked by Fox if he is concerned about his voice on the recordings, Trump responds: "My voice was fine. What did I say wrong on those recordings?... We had a lot of papers, a lot of papers stacked up. In fact, you hear the rustle of the paper."

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

You know, he could be just this clueless. Once he has convinced himself of something, that's it. :shrug:

Until the next person comes along.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -documents
Donald Trump’s valet charged in the classified documents case was forced to abandon his top choice Florida lawyer after the person hiked his fees, two people familiar with the matter said, leaving him unable to enter a plea and forcing a magistrate judge to delay his arraignment scheduled for Tuesday until early July.

The valet, Walt Nauta, appeared alongside Trump when the former president pleaded not guilty to 37 criminal charges in federal district court in Miami this month but could not himself enter a plea – a necessary step to start trial preparation – because he lacked local counsel.

Two weeks later, Nauta remains without a lawyer admitted to practice in the southern district of Florida after the person at the top of the shortlist drawn up by Nauta’s defense team decided he needed to charge higher fees to represent him the night before the arraignment, the people said.

The previously unreported dispute over fees in effect meant Nauta could not retain the person as his Florida lawyer, the people said, even though he would be paid by Trump’s political action committee Save America, which has also been paying the fees of his lead lawyer, Stanley Woodward.

The reason for the rate hike was not clear, but at least one Florida lawyer who had seriously considered representing Nauta decided several days ago that the reputational and legal risk of working with Trump’s co-defendant in the documents case presented major complications.
raison de arizona

Well I guess that answers the question of who is paying Nauta's legal fees, tfg's political donors. Big surprise.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:18 pm Well I guess that answers the question of who is paying Nauta's legal fees, tfg's political donors. Big surprise.
Didn’t we know that already?

I don’t know how these lawyers are managing to stay non-conflicted.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:13 pm https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -documents
Donald Trump’s valet charged in the classified documents case was forced to abandon his top choice Florida lawyer after the person hiked his fees, two people familiar with the matter said, leaving him unable to enter a plea and forcing a magistrate judge to delay his arraignment scheduled for Tuesday until early July.
:snippity:
Two weeks later, Nauta remains without a lawyer admitted to practice in the southern district of Florida after the person at the top of the shortlist drawn up by Nauta’s defense team decided he needed to charge higher fees to represent him the night before the arraignment, the people said.
:snippity:
The reason for the rate hike was not clear, but at least one Florida lawyer who had seriously considered representing Nauta decided several days ago that the reputational and legal risk of working with Trump’s co-defendant in the documents case presented major complications.
It's an interesting thought experiment: a despised defendant with substantial sources of funding for defense counsel; a likelihood that this representation will damage your professional reputation, or possibly destroy it. How much money do you need to live for the rest of your life in enough comfort that you don't regret the loss of your ability to earn a living as a lawyer?

The problem is that the number most competent lawyers would come up with is probably larger than the defense funders (themselves not on the hook) would be willing to pay.
raison de arizona

But...but...
However, despite difficulties retaining new legal representation, Trump bragged to a group of supporters at a fundraiser at Bedminster that some of the “biggest” firms and lawyers have called him asking to represent him in the upcoming federal trial.

“I tell all these people, they all come in — they want to help,” Trump said speaking about the upcoming 2024 election. “The biggest, some of the biggest people, the biggest law firms, the biggest lawyers, I say listen, “I don’t need any help. I don’t want any help in campaigns.”
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-sa ... -any-help/

Are you calling tfg a liar?!?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:21 pm But...but...
However, despite difficulties retaining new legal representation, Trump bragged to a group of supporters at a fundraiser at Bedminster that some of the “biggest” firms and lawyers have called him asking to represent him in the upcoming federal trial.

“I tell all these people, they all come in — they want to help,” Trump said speaking about the upcoming 2024 election. “The biggest, some of the biggest people, the biggest law firms, the biggest lawyers, I say listen, “I don’t need any help. I don’t want any help in campaigns.”
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-sa ... -any-help/

Are you calling tfg a liar?!?
They're coming to him with tears in their eyes, these biggest, burliest lawyers. Sir, they beg, we want so much to represent you because you are the most innocent man on earth and in history. The Jones Days of the world, the biggest and best law firms, they all love him. He doesn't need them because he's so innocent that the DOJ is going to drop the charges and Jack Smith and Merrick Garland, crying, will beg him for mercy, sir.
raison de arizona

:lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”