Donald J. Trump 2024

Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

I'm really confused about the whole situation.

This guy was 400-500 yards away (like 4-5 football fields). They found a scope, so I guess that would let you see anything that far away. But it's my understanding that the kind of gun (AR15) isn't really a "distance" gun. But why would this guy run away leaving all his stuff?

I also heard that it was a case of 2 guys shooting at each other. And I also heard no shots were fired at all. And that some guy saw him and watched him get in his car and took a pic which captured his license.

Was this nut actually going after Trump?

I saw some other posts on the bird site about his concocting some plan to get Afghans to Ukraine to fight Russia. Idk if he really did anything about that.

This story is very unclear to me. I usually wait for a few hours at least on these stories for the first nonsense to shake out and more clear/accurate info is available. But I still haven't seen anything very specific yet.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:10 pm I'm really confused about the whole situation.

This guy was 400-500 yards away (like 4-5 football fields). They found a scope, so I guess that would let you see anything that far away. But it's my understanding that the kind of gun (AR15) isn't really a "distance" gun. But why would this guy run away leaving all his stuff?

I also heard that it was a case of 2 guys shooting at each other. And I also heard no shots were fired at all. And that some guy saw him and watched him get in his car and took a pic which captured his license.

I saw some other posts on the bird site about his concocting some plan to get Afghans to Ukraine to fight Russia. Idk if he really did anything about that.

This story is very unclear to me. I usually wait for a few hours at least on these stories for the first nonsense to shake out and more clear/accurate info is available. But I still haven't seen anything very specific yet.
Ak47 effective range is 300 yards. 400 yards would be outside of that range.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
noblepa

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:24 pm
Rolodex wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:10 pm I'm really confused about the whole situation.

Ak47 effective range is 300 yards. 400 yards would be outside of that range.
It is my understanding that it is not known as a sniper rifle.
sad-cafe

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

would donOLD do something like this in a ploy to get sympathy votes?
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:37 pm would donOLD do something like this in a ploy to get sympathy votes?
Absolutely wouldn't doubt it. His numbers were tanking post debate. The Springfield thing is backfiring, he started shit with Taylor swift. He thinks the only thing to get his numbers up was the attempt back in July. I wouldn't be surprised if we have one of these up until election day
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

My understanding is that a SS ~400m ahead of the former guy saw a barrel poking through the chain link fence.

The ss opened fire on the likely gun man’s position causing him to flee.

Recovered was the weapon, a go-pro (looks to be attached to the fence) and two haversacks (also attached to the fence).

My speculation is that the gunman was looking to film his glory moment. But him running suggests he wasn’t looking to suicide.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

400m away does not mean that he had a clear line of fire.

Also - his go pro wouldn’t get good video at that range even if he was capable of getting a clear shot.

If he was a serious assassin it would have been a proper accurate rifle.

But then he wouldn’t have the video that he desired.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

2.36 miles is the longest verified kill according to

https://www.military.com/history/5-long ... y.html?amp

3798 meters
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

I’ll read this to see if anything more has come up

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-16/ ... /104354906
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

America is a gun…

Australian author and commentator Don Watson paints a picture of the political and cultural landscape in the US amidst an apparent assassination attempt on Donald Trump.

He says he didn't find it surprising.

"You never know what's going to come out of the United States and this is just another one," he says.

"Six weeks ago the world was completely different, Biden was still running for president then, and it's all changed.

"I do notice that Kamala Harris says there is no place for violence in America, that's her standard response.

"Well of course that's a nonsense, violence plays an important part in America, it's central to America.

"This is a country where schools conduct weekly rituals of preparation for mass shootings, it's a heavily armed country.

"If you give people guns, they're going to use them."
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

When I used to listen to the police scanner, most of the calls seemed to be about domestic violence. It’s a daily fact of life in more households than we’d like to think.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

We have government adds on prime time tv against domestic violence..
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by keith »

No description of the environment, where Target was, what Target was doing.

Gunman may have been 400 yards away when he was spotted, but may have been waiting/hoping for the target to come past into range (I dunno - drive past in his golf cart maybe?).
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
anowlcalledsage

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by anowlcalledsage »

An interesting thread about him posted 3 months ago on Twitter.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Any chance of a threat reader version as I’m not on twitter?
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Would it be irresponsible to speculate that there are few people in Donnie’s orbit who would directly benefit from him becoming lawn fertiliser?

:fingerwag: ok… it was just another American with a gun..
anowlcalledsage

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by anowlcalledsage »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:21 am Any chance of a threat reader version as I’m not on twitter?
I don't think you need an account just to read them, although I could be wrong, the snake oil salesman has screwed so much of it up that it could very well be the case now.

However, someone else unrolled it so here's the link.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1804 ... e_vignette
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:21 am Any chance of a threat reader version as I’m not on twitter?
a specialized version on terroristic activity :?: ;)
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Ta!

Perhaps I’m just a Luddite and others can view more on twitter.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:36 am
a specialized version on terroristic activity :?: ;)
Well the AK was a bit threat-y ;)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:37 pm would donOLD do something like this in a ploy to get sympathy votes?
I speculate it's possible, and probable.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Mr brolin »

Bit of gun geek info re the purported rifle.

Assuming it was in fact an "AK-47" style rifle in the standard 7.63x39 round, at 300 yards, you are really getting at the edge of where a reasonably competent rifleman can reliably hit a man sized target. NOT the range at which the round coud kill someone which is far longer.

The round comes in basically the same bullet weight (usually 123 -125 grains) and with little in the way of customisation by bullet construction.

At 300 yards, the drop from the rifle however can vary wildly depending upon the round manufacturer with ballistics charts showing a range from 14" to 28" so if the assailaint just had a grab bag of ammo and hadn't kept the same batch, of the same manufacturers ammo any zeroi'ing he had done will be all over the shop.

At 400 yards the drop runs from 41"-70" so really sub-optimal for "sniping"

Wannabe muppet not even a vaguelly thought through operation.
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:00 am Bit of gun geek info re the purported rifle.

Assuming it was in fact an "AK-47" style rifle in the standard 7.63x39 round, at 300 yards, you are really getting at the edge of where a reasonably competent rifleman can reliably hit a man sized target. NOT the range at which the round coud kill someone which is far longer.

The round comes in basically the same bullet weight (usually 123 -125 grains) and with little in the way of customisation by bullet construction.

At 300 yards, the drop from the rifle however can vary wildly depending upon the round manufacturer with ballistics charts showing a range from 14" to 28" so if the assailaint just had a grab bag of ammo and hadn't kept the same batch, of the same manufacturers ammo any zeroi'ing he had done will be all over the shop.

At 400 yards the drop runs from 41"-70" so really sub-optimal for "sniping"

Wannabe muppet not even a vaguelly thought through operation.
AK47 would be one of the worst weapons to use for sniping someone especially at that range.
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Just to clarify, in case anyone is still wondering, the shooter was lying in wait. He was waiting for fuckhead to get within range as he (fuckhead) advanced along the golf course. Like when you're deer hunting and you wait for the deer to pass by?

The secret service agents were moving some distance ahead of fuckhead along the golf course, checking for potential dangers. They call it (as I learned yesterday), creating a bubble around him. A bubble that moved as he moved, keeping him in the center. So they spotted the shooter well before fuckhead was in range.
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Saw this and it's pretty hilarious

Return to “US President”