January 6 Select Committee

W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The right-wing obsession with HAIRY MALES doesn't seem to extend to the Secret Service. I wonder why... :think:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:32 am From what I saw on MSNBC tonight, apparently the Secret Service left it up to the individual agents if there was anything on their phones that needed to be saved, and somehow, none of them found anything they thought was worthy of preservation.

Uh, yeah...

Philip Baker from WaPo reported that anything that was ever stored in iCloud is recoverable, so he seems to think the story isn't over yet.

I'm just disappointed in and frustrated by the Secret Service's handling of this. I've long thought they were one of the better services (better being relative, of course), but that view is quickly changing.
My view done changed already. I thought they were professional but for several years they've had several incidents proving they're not much better than over-aged frat boys.

Today I went through annual corporate training on information retention. Surprisingly, upgrading devices, etc., doesn't allow you to delete or remove information if its time isn't up.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Secret Service has been hopelessly compromised for quite some time. Tony Ornato, known tfg boot-licker, is an Assistant Director! It’s clearly unsafe to try and salvage it. I would be for its complete disbandment and the opening of a new, non-partisan agency in its place. Once upon a time I was very respectful of someone who worked for the Secret Service. Now? I’m immediately suspect. And that isn’t good.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am The right-wing obsession with HAIRY MALES doesn't seem to extend to the Secret Service. I wonder why... :think:
:confuzzled: I don't understand the reference at all - what am I missing??
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:21 am
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am The right-wing obsession with HAIRY MALES doesn't seem to extend to the Secret Service. I wonder why... :think:
Hairy emails = her emails
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:23 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:21 am
Hairy emails = her emails
:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda,

Carol Leonnig of the Washington Post wrote a book about two years ago, so before this fiasco, Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service. She would beg to differ.

I haven't read the book yet, but, yeah, I used to think the same thing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Even the Papal Swiss Guard in Rome is filled with assholes.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One more day, but at least these breadcrumbs will tide us over.

Jan. 6 committee aides, previewing tomorrow's hearing, tell reporters they'll demonstrate who was talking to Trump on 1/6 and what they were urging him to do then, in addition to when he was made aware of what was happening at the Capitol
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:03 pm One more day, but at least these breadcrumbs will tide us over.

Jan. 6 committee aides, previewing tomorrow's hearing, tell reporters they'll demonstrate who was talking to Trump on 1/6 and what they were urging him to do then, in addition to when he was made aware of what was happening at the Capitol
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

What a coincidence that all twelve or so SS agents in the thick of things decided not to back up their phones during the migration, after receiving instructions to do so.

I mean, one or two. Or half. But all of them? All this group of agents blew off the instructions?

No coordination there, I'm sure.

All his pretty chickens and their dam, at one, fell, swoop.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:41 pm What a coincidence that all twelve or so SS agents in the thick of things decided not to back up their phones during the migration, after receiving instructions to do so.

I mean, one or two. Or half. But all of them? All this group of agents blew off the instructions?

Out of all the agents only one text message survived... Sorry I'm not buying it. Totally coordinated cover-up
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:41 pm What a coincidence that all twelve or so SS agents in the thick of things decided not to back up their phones during the migration, after receiving instructions to do so.

:notworthy1: :banana:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Finger pointing everywhere:

This is the scandal that Hillary's email wasn't.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I feel the SS needs to all be shut down, and start fresh!

Rigorous background checks including social media and family social media needs to be the first thing, before they even get in the door.

Growing up, we were led to believe the SS would be the best of the best and unquestionable. Well, I believe I have more integrity than any of them!
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I wonder if they acid washed the phones.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

There are vary great risks in moving against, let alone upsetting the praetorian guard.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

It’s rather shocking, the distance between how most of us perceive the SS as an institution and how they actually operate.

I was shocked to read in Leonnig’s book how disorganized they were on the trip to Dallas with Kennedy. After carousing all night at bars kept open specially for them, they were unfocused and short-handed, and broke their own protocols. And no one was punished.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

24 agents. TWENTY FOUR. This was not just a handful of guys being lazy.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Nice guy :sarcasm:
Dave from down under

Time to subpoena all 24 to testify under oath (even if they are oathbreakers) - then suspend them all pending outcome of investigation of their destruction of government records.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-21/ ... /101256390
Dave from down under

If you cannot suspend them.. then assign them all to Trump duty.. after all.. that is where their loyalties lie.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:33 pm Time to subpoena all 24 to testify under oath (even if they are oathbreakers) - then suspend them all pending outcome of investigation of their destruction of government records.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-21/ ... /101256390
Ask them all under oath if they deleted any messages on their phone, and how many. Then, if (when) that information is found in some other source compare the answers with the truth.

It may be the actual messages are lost, although they somehow managed to get Peter Strzok's, but I refuse to believe that Verizon or AT7T or whoever cannot say "there were X messages to and Y messages from number XXX-XXX-XXXX between 4-7 January, 2021.

If nothing else I'd bet a Confederate Dollar that the NSA has them, in 1040HD.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”