💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Post by keith »

The signees claim their reneg of duty and oath of office won't affect national security, but at least one I'd the signors has already done a lot of that.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It's not like those 10 have ever done anything.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:30 pm It's hard to see how a do-nothing Congress can do even less. And how is "We're doing nothing!" a winning whining election strategy?
FTFY and answered the question in the process.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:30 pm It's hard to see how a do-nothing Congress can do even less. And how is "We're doing nothing!" a winning election strategy?
It's the sign up list for the VEEP sweepstakes.
101010 :towel:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:17 pm Image
A who's who of nut jobery.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As will never be said on a news broadcast, "10% of 100 people agree."
Hic sunt dracones
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Note that even Ted Cruze, Miss Lindsey and Rando Paul are not part of that.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Nor Tom Cotton? I thought doing end-runs around Democratic presidents was his specialty.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Deadline White House right now reporting the Speaker Johnson has appointed Scott Perry & Ronny Jackson to the House Intel Committee. Access to all that sensitive intel info.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I thought this was interesting, especially with Steve Vladek's tweet -

Tim O'Brien
@TimOBrien

Conservatives want a floor vote on a bill that would allow current or former presidents to move any state case brought against them — such as the one in New York that resulted in Trump's conviction — to federal court.

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/04/trump- ... ke-johnson
And Steve Vladek's reaction to that bill -
Steve Vladeck
@steve_vladeck

I literally used this as a hypothetical on my Federal Courts exam last year—to test all of the ways in which such a bill would be unconstitutional.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Whaaaaaa??????
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

A bill that allows presidents - and presidents only...and only Trump tbh to move states cases to federal system. All his co-conspirators in GA are left out in the cold. Oh well.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Eff this tool.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Fox host: You just voted against a woman’s right to contraception

Trump VP contender Tim Scott: Yes, I did

Fox host: Why?

Scott: It’s a shame that Democrats are trying to politicize this issue
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Eff this tool too. Also. (Byron Donalds)
They just make shit up.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Phillip: I'm going to interrupt you on the facts. Congressmen, the Black unemployment rate was the lowest in American history under Joe Biden. The poverty rate for Black people is the lowest under Joe Biden.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, its been dropping for Decades. Which is why Turnip nasal whined that it was the lowest in his Fredidency, ignoring the fact that it was the lowest in his predecessor as well.

Not that the Media will do it's just and point out that the Sky is blue when Republicans say it's green.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: Former GOP Rep. Ken Buck: “I left because I couldn’t tell the lie. The 2020 election wasn’t stolen. The Jan. 6 defendants aren’t political prisoners...There’s a lot of life out there besides arguing about nothing and telling lies. I made a choice to go enjoy what I’ve got left.”
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:37 pm Eff this tool too. Also. (Byron Donalds)
They just make shit up.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1798540704798617673
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Phillip: I'm going to interrupt you on the facts. Congressmen, the Black unemployment rate was the lowest in American history under Joe Biden. The poverty rate for Black people is the lowest under Joe Biden.
Donalds is having a bad day in his tfg ass kissing wannabe VP rounds. Maybe he should stop making shit up. Just sayin' :mrgreen:
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reid: You on your own brought up Jim Crow. In fact, you said Jim Crow three times for emphasis. It wasn't the media or the Democrats or gaslighters who brought up Jim Crow. It was you.
And as long as we are dunking on Donalds, here's a detailed refutation of his comments regarding Jim Crow. It's well worth your four minutes to listen.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

We live in Bizarro-Land.
Manu Raju @mkraju wrote: GOP Rep. Troy Nehls, a staunch Trump supporter, told us in response to this: “Paul Ryan you’re a piece of garbage. You’re a piece of garbage and we should kick you out of the party. … Don’t go spouting your mouth off and saying that you’re a conservative. You’re spitting in the face of the leader of our party. I mean grow up a little bit.”
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Ryan: You swear an oath to the Constitution and if you’re willing to suborn it to yourself, I think that makes you unfit for office
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN played a clip of Nehls commenting on Paul Ryan earlier this morning. That's some potent :koolaid: :crazy:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:08 am CNN played a clip of Nehls commenting on Paul Ryan earlier this morning. That's some potent :koolaid: :crazy:
Manu Raju @mkraju wrote: GOP Rep. Troy Nehls after former Speaker Paul Ryan criticized Trump and said he wouldn't vote for him.
Nehls: "Paul Ryan, you're a piece of garbage...Don't go spouting your mouth off and saying that you're a conservative. You're spitting in the face of the leader of our party."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks RDA for getting the clip.
raison de arizona

ALL 49 Senate Republicans sign statement in support of IVF, the following day they blocked IVF protections from moving forward.
Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen wrote: Literally one day apart.
raison de arizona

Adam Schiff @AdamSchiff wrote: It’s bring your felon to work day.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Return to “Current Politics”