Hijack This Thread

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:54 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:44 pm Just saw this in NYT:
Daniel Radcliffe to Play Weird Al Yankovic in New Biopic
The film, “Weird: The Al Yankovic Story,” will begin production next month and will be available for streaming on the Roku Channel.
That sounds like it might be fun. Radcliffe managed to transition from child actor to adult roles-- which is kinda rare. Looking forward to the production!
I saw that. Radcliffe actually looks enough like him. It was surprising.

And Emma Watson has been successful in movies, too. I've seen her in several good roles.

I think Rupert Grint has decided to take a slightly different path.

I watched the Harry Potter Twentieth Anniversary on HBOMAX a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09 pm I think Rupert Grint has decided to take a slightly different path.
I always thought that the name Rupert Grint sounds more like a J. K. Rowling invention than does Ron Weasley. I'm not trying to make fun of him or his name, but the name sounds odd to this very un-British ear.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

From UPI) A Michigan woman checking her email spam folder for a missing message made a far more surprising discovery — she had won a $3 million lottery jackpot. Laura Spears, 55, of Oakland County, told Michigan Lottery officials she bought a ticket for the Dec. 31 Mega Millions drawing on MichiganLottery.com. “I saw an ad on Facebook that the Mega Millions jackpot was getting pretty high, so I got on my account and bought a ticket,” Spears said. “A few days later, I was looking for a missing email from someone, so I checked the spam folder in my email account.” Spears said a message from the Michigan Lottery caught her eye.

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/01/21 ... 642799491/
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

I approve this message

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

I'm 69 years old. I have slept approximately 8 hours of every 24.

I have slept for 23 years. I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, too also.

What'd I miss? :confuzzled:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I set my phone to restart in the early morning because, just like me, everything likes a restart and feeling fresh in the morning. I have always shut down my laptop/desktops at night. My laptop is happy and potential hackers working late at night are not.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

yoyodyne.jpg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ive always wondered how the Overthruster worked its magic!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I have one on my desk if you want to see one. Oh wait, now it's gone. Ah, it's back. Wait ...
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jeff Tiedrich
@itsJeffTiedrich
·
3h
fun historical fact: when my uncle spent three years in a Warsaw basement, hiding from the Nazis, it wasn't because they wanted to vaccinate him
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Can't help you today, friend. I've been having eupnea lately. :blackeye:

:whisper: From Anu Garg's Word of the Day, pronounced yoop-knee-ah: Normal breathing :biggrin:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Recently there has beenposts about purchasing a car

here some advice by Steve Letho (posted Feb 2021)

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I worked at the Buick dealer in the little town I grew up in for a few months when I was in high school. I spent most of my time detailing cars and doing odd jobs around the place. It was a crappy job but it was an education in just how shady car dealers can be and the tactics they use. I've never played stupid car dealer games and have never spent more than a half hour negotiating a deal on a car. I've also done tons of research before I ever walk though the door.

My wife hates going car shopping and wants me to do everything so that all she has to do is sign the papers. The very first time she went car shopping with me was at a Honda dealer because she was sure she wanted an Accord. She hadn't driven one so I insisted she had to come along. They immediately started playing games and soon brought in the sales manager. They were way off on my trade and offered to come down $1,500 off the side sticker price which added $4,200 to the MSRP, of which $3,000 was "additional dealer markup". There's a lot more to this story but I had made it pretty clear before I brought my wife in that the side sticker thing pissed me off and that they were already down two strikes. They were at least 5 grand away from where I would even think about making a deal so I got up and told my wife we were leaving and walked out the door. She was in a bit of shock as she'd never seen me do that before.

We went to the Mazda dealer across the street where my wife drove a Mazda 6 that she liked better than the Accord anyway. It took less than 20 minutes to make a deal, half of which was spent finding the color she wanted at a different dealer. His first offer was $100 off from my target price so I let him keep it. I asked him about why the negotiations were so easy. He said something to the effect of "You guys in tech always do your research. If I screw around with you I'm just going to piss you off and I'd rather sell you a car." I bought three more cars from that guy before we moved back to the Midwest. The Mazda is 13 years old, looks almost new and is being driven by our youngest daughter.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

They don’t sound ‘murcan.
raison de arizona

That Fox Business clip is infuriating.

Anyway.

The pardoned women were unavailable for comment.
BBC News (World) @BBCWorld wrote: Catalonia pardons women executed for witchcraft https://bbc.in/3KIHx6N
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

More Perfect Union @MorePerfectUS wrote: All the workers at a Jimmy John's in central Florida quit.

Store managers posted a sign blaming the temporary closure on the labor shortage.

But workers responded with a sign of their own: "There IS no labor shortage! The owners of this establishment treated workers like dogs."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MSNBC
@MSNBC
·
4m
@MaddowBlog
: Hundreds of election workers faced threats and menacing messages. The DOJ is starting to file criminal charges.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Can anyone recommend a source of less expensive cat food, both dry and moist?

I have friends who are facing financial difficulties and am trying to help on several fronts. This one is stumping me.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:48 pm Can anyone recommend a source of less expensive cat food, both dry and moist?

I have friends who are facing financial difficulties and am trying to help on several fronts. This one is stumping me.
Check around with your local vets who provide boarding. My daughter works at a vet and brings home partial bags of food people leave with their pets when boarding. You might also want to reach out to local rescue groups. The ones around here seem to be particular about which brands they use and often have cheap stuff they won't feed the rescues.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks! :lovestruck:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:48 pm Can anyone recommend a source of less expensive cat food, both dry and moist?

You will still want to stay away from 'grain-free' junk (it's not WSAVA compliant), but Friskies is a Purina brand and probably the most cost effective and safe way to go. Purina have actual real veterinarians who are also nutritionists on staff to help formulate diets.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks. :bighug:

Return to “General Stuff”