Donald J. Trump 2024

sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:39 pm
bob wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:58 pm It isn't illegal to destroy your own money; just dumb. Doubly so if you pay someone to do it for you.
I was going to ask on that. I have never heard of anyone arrested and prosecuted for defacing currency. And if its their own money it may end up refused/worthless. Dumb.
Look at some counterfeit cases. Changing a $10 bill to a $100 bill or whatever is pretty much what that law was written for.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:15 pm
bob wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:58 pm It isn't illegal to destroy your own money; just dumb. Doubly so if you pay someone to do it for you.
I was going to ask on that. I have never heard of anyone arrested and prosecuted for defacing currency. And if its their own money it may end up refused/worthless. Dumb.
Look at some counterfeit cases. Changing a $10 bill to a $100 bill or whatever is pretty much what that law was written for.
Gotcha. And that makes total sense!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by poplove »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:15 pm
Good to know it's okay that I wrote #TRUMPTREASON on all those $20s with a permanent marker. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Quite the venue

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: They made him pay a deposit in advance

https://www.wunc.org/2024-08-13/city-co ... auditorium
The City of Asheville confirmed receipt of a $82,247.60 payment from the Trump campaign, ahead of the former president’s Wednesday campaign event in Asheville.

The deposit will cover a two-day rental of the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, a city-owned building that’s part of the Harrah’s Cherokee Center complex in downtown Asheville. The auditorium is the smaller of the complex’s two venues, with a maximum seating capacity of 2,431, according to the venue website.

Of those funds, $22,500 is the rental amount for the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium event space, according to city spokesperson Kim Miller.

“The remainder of the funds go to cover additional costs such as venue and security staffing, production equipment rental, and exterior items like attendee queue stanchions and related items.” Miller wrote in an email.
He appears to be renting smaller and smaller venues. Probably in order to make it appear to be packed to the gills, 100,000 people attending, which is what he will say. He'll probably claim 35,000 at this one since it's smaller.

Also, $82,000 is a crap ton of money to pay to speak to less than 2500 people. Ouch.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Saw that. I think the story stated it was because a short-notice booking?
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The video Dr. Ken posted of today's venue shows a time stamp of 3:58pm ET. Aaron Rupar has been live tweeting Trump's speech using NewsMax's video. His first tweet shows a NewsMax time of 4:08pm. So Dr. Ken's video was shot right before the speech began and was an accurate representation of crowd size.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:25 pm Saw that. I think the story stated it was because a short-notice booking?
I saw that too. Good for them.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

Does anyone know how far in advance these are usually scheduled? According to this article, he announced a Wednesday rally over the weekend.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/new ... 765408007/
ASHEVILLE - Former President Donald Trump — and 2024 Republican presidential candidate — announced over the weekend that he is making an upcoming visit to Asheville this Wednesday, Aug. 14.

The announcement said that Trump will "deliver remarks on the economic hardships created by the Harris-Biden Administration" during the speech.

"Hard-working Americans are suffering because of the Harris-Biden Administration’s dangerously liberal policies," the announcement said. "Prices are excruciatingly high, and the cost of living has soared — leaving those on a fixed income unsure of how they are going to afford a basic standard of living in the future."
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

Palm Beach Mayor Explores Closing Mar-a-Lago as Residents 'Don't Feel Safe'

https://www.newsweek.com/palm-beach-may ... ty-1939174
An indefinite road closure near former President Donald Trump's Florida property has prompted Moore to direct the Town Council to research whether it could close the beach club until the road reopens.

The Secret Service closed South Ocean Boulevard, the road running along Mar-a-Lago, almost a month ago, in the wake of the July 13 assassination attempt on Trump. Security has also been increased around Trump's other properties, including the Trump Tower in Manhattan and his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

So far, there are no plans to reopen the road. Local police have said that "at a minimum" the shutdown would last through Election Day on November 5.

Amid the road closure and new checkpoints, Mar-a-Lago has remained open for business. Town officials are now wondering how effective increased security is if hundreds of people continue to be invited to the property for various events.

"You can't have it both ways, boys and girls," Moore said during a Tuesday Palm Beach Council meeting, the Palm Beach Daily News reported. "Either the club's open or not."

:snippity:

During Tuesday's meeting, Council Member Julie Araskog said she had received calls from residents complaining that the new checkpoints made it difficult for caregivers and other staff to reach them and expressing worries that it could affect the speed at which first responders are able to attend to emergency situations, the Palm Beach Daily News reported. She also said some had also called about safety concerns given the threats Trump has received.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:54 pm Palm Beach Mayor Explores Closing Mar-a-Lago as Residents 'Don't Feel Safe'
Isn't he supposed to be incarcerated now and we would all be safe?

Just a thought.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Maybenaut »

I suppose Trump is trying to sway those independent voters in Asheville, but in the last Presidential election they voted, like, 60% Democrat.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I wondered why he would spend so much money in Asheville, a fairly well-known liberal enclave. We have friends, rich, snobby republicans, who live in a gated community about 20 miles (ca. 32 km) south) who really wanted to attend the Episcopal church in Asheville. But they joined a smaller Episcopal church nearer them rather than have to go to Asheville every week. Long-time high school friend of my husband.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-campaign ... 1723585741
Former President Donald Trump's campaign was forced to pay more than $82,000 in advance for this week's rally in Asheville, North Carolina.

Trump is set to take the stage at Asheville's Thomas Wolfe Auditorium on Wednesday after paying $82,247.60 to the city for a "last-minute" rally, according to Blue Ridge Public Radio (BPR). The campaign, struggling to effectively blunt the momentum of Vice President Kamala Harris, reportedly first contacted the city about the rally on August 8.

City of Asheville spokesperson Kim Miller told BPR that $22,500 of the amount paid is a two-day rental fee for the auditorium, while "the remainder of the funds go to cover additional costs such as house support, production staff, production equipment rental, and exterior items like queue stanchions and port-a-loos."

While the campaign paid in advance due to Asheville's policy for short-notice bookings, Trump has a long history of failing to pay cities for billed rally fees, leaving the White House in January 2021 with at least $850,000 in unpaid rally debt. Most of the bills are still unpaid, including more than $500,000 owed to the city of El Paso, Texas.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:05 am Aware but bedridden & unable to communicate, with only big, black & latino male nurses to take care of him. And no wife, no kids, the only visitor he ever gets is Laura Loomer.
Will they have tears in their eyes when they call him 'Sir'?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:12 pm He appears to be renting smaller and smaller venues. Probably in order to make it appear to be packed to the gills, 100,000 people attending, which is what he will say. He'll probably claim 35,000 at this one since it's smaller.
Somebody on his staff is working hard to not commit a Romney.

101010 :towel:
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

It was really Romney that started this thing about crowd sizes. He did start pulling big crowds towards the latter part of his run, but he was talking about his crowd sizes before that as he really was an arrogant shit.

W Bush had a miserably small inauguration crowd and he didn't talk about it after as he didn't give a shit.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:21 am
RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:18 pm
Resume18 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:39 pm :snippity:

I'd love to see him campaigning in a GPS tether, if not from a jail cell. Mostly though, I just want him gone.
I have been hoping that he will drop dead from a heart attack. Just freaking DIE, PLEASE!!!!!

I don't feel bad at all for wishing him dead. Not at all.
personally, I want him to stroke out, not dead.

I want him to be fully awake and aware of what's going on around him, but unable to speak coherently.

I want him shambling around Mar-a-Lardo like Frankenstein's monster, howling in inchoate rage.

But that's just me.
Take it a step further-the only thing left that works after a stroke are his eyes and how no one in his family want to change his s%#$y diapers
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

I don't wish DonOld any ill will. There couldn't be an easier opponent for Kamala to go up against. Only the pubs could nominate him despite the polls showing how disliked he is. Karma got you, Donnie.
Largo al factotum.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:21 am
RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:18 pm

I have been hoping that he will drop dead from a heart attack. Just freaking DIE, PLEASE!!!!!

I don't feel bad at all for wishing him dead. Not at all.
personally, I want him to stroke out, not dead.

I want him to be fully awake and aware of what's going on around him, but unable to speak coherently.

I want him shambling around Mar-a-Lardo like Frankenstein's monster, howling in inchoate rage.

But that's just me.
So you don't want him to change in any way?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

--Jane Goodall
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

Some interesting viewpoints.

--Jane Goodall
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Luke »

Ticket to the sewer: This is a list I put together of people who work for the impeached convicted felon.
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious

🐘 Keep up with the #TrumpVance2024 team's posts on X. #TrumpVance List: https://x.com/i/lists/1824150648331571315

4:08 PM · Aug 15, 2024

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

These "on topic" press conferences could actually be very effective, especially if he keeps on topic, which is iffy, but not entirely impossible.

Price of food is off the freaking charts. It's going to be important for Harris to point out that companies are making astronomical profits - today's prices do not seem to be a function of supply and demand, but more "as long as people are dumb enough to pay these prices, we are going to keep them up". There is no reason for any company to lower their prices as long as people are willing to continue to buy things at these high prices. They may be selling less than at lower prices but if it's not "enough less" to actually impact total profits, those prices are going to remain high.*

*I am quite sure economists can say it much better than I have, but I think most will get the gist of what I'm babbling about.

--Jane Goodall

Return to “US President”