Donald J. Trump 2024

pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

New Turtle wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:13 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:52 pm
RVInit wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:10 pm Montana is a solid red state and I'm pretty sure he scheduled a red state venue in order to salve his wounded ego.
Unfortunately. Not so long ago it was supposed to be purple.
They are trying to flip John Tester's seat. I'm sure Donald has a deal with a big donor there to do some appearances.
Yep, that's why he was in Montana. Not exactly a state he needs to go to himself.

Would be nice if he'd stayed a few days and done some mountain hiking. I'd pay to see that.
jemcanada2

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by jemcanada2 »

Yeah! Like that time Kamala Harris pretended she was waving at all the fans at a NASCAR race or coming out of her building in New York or in front of the courthouse for her fraud trial.

Oh wait! That was turnip and his projector :crazy: :crazy:
Estiveo
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Estiveo »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:22 pm

I don't know if this is true, but it sure is funny. The other story I saw on Twitter was that he owed the airport fees and so they would not re-fuel him if he landed there.
As far as credibility goes, Rep Rich (Dick) Dangler is a parody account. He is not a rep, there is no 11th district in WA.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:13 pm
Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:09 pm My my, people really are talking about JD a lot aren't they. And now its infecting his most holy thread on Fogbow!

I wonder if the Boss has noticed yet.
Nope. He's onto Olympics and sportsball distractions.

I know you don't approve of Pete.. But no worries. He is married with children now.
I just out to clarify that by "the Boss" I meant DonOld.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Maybe I’ve gotten worse’: Trump’s attempt at discipline unravels
The Trump campaign has been praised as tighter – but when Harris became the opponent, it lost control of its candidate

David Smith Washington bureau chief
Sun 11 Aug 2024 18.00 CEST

His name was spelled out in bright lights reminiscent of a Broadway show. Donald Trump thanked God for sparing him from an assassin’s bullet. To thousands of devoted fans, the carefully stage-managed Republican national convention felt like the coronation of a man poised for victory over an ageing, ailing incumbent.

But Trump’s long and grievance-filled address that night hinted at trouble to come. For months his US presidential election campaign had been praised as tighter, smoother and more professional this time around. Then, when Democrats upended the race by replacing Joe Biden with Kamala Harris as their nominee, the wheels came off.

For the past three weeks the former president has been lashing out, pushing lies, hurling insults, trialling nicknames, trafficking in racism and trotting out nonsense as he struggles to regain the narrative from Vice-President Harris.

“The campaign is disciplined; their candidate is not,” said Frank Luntz, a consultant and pollster who has a long track record of advising Republican campaigns. “Their candidate is single-handedly destroying his chance for re-election. This is the weakest Democratic nominee in terms of record in a long time but [Trump’s] insistence on making the attacks personal and vicious are blunting their impact and, in fact, backfiring on him.”

Although Trump has amply demonstrated his inability to change, he seemed easier to rein in when times were good. The leaders of his third consecutive White House campaign, the veteran operatives Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles, earned applause from Republicans as the former president steamrollered opposition during this year’s primary elections.

The new sense of command and control seemed to hold as Trump, 78, held a consistent edge over 81-year-old Biden in opinion polls. The Republican nominee’s preposterous riffs about sharks and Hannibal Lecter on the campaign trail raised eyebrows but did nothing to blunt his momentum.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... rris-biden
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just a thought... when Trump loses in November, will he immediately declare his candidacy for the 2028 election in a bid to claim election interference when the government continues to go after him?
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:24 pm Just a thought... when Trump loses in November, will he immediately declare his candidacy for the 2028 election in a bid to claim election interference when the government continues to go after him?
If Trump declares his candidacy for 2028 and the Republicans haven't learned their lesson from their 2020-2024 MAGA era, they'll go down in defeat again.

Watching the Trump trials next year will be more interesting than watching the old OJ trial.
Largo al factotum.
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

zekeb wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:38 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:24 pm Just a thought... when Trump loses in November, will he immediately declare his candidacy for the 2028 election in a bid to claim election interference when the government continues to go after him?
If Trump declares his candidacy for 2028 and the Republicans haven't learned their lesson from their 2020-2024 MAGA era, they'll go down in defeat again.

Watching the Trump trials next year will be more interesting than watching the old OJ trial.
That's what the gop didn't seem to understand. Trump wasn't a genius. Him winning in 2016 was always a fluke
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

I think the most likely scenario is passing the baton to DJTJ, lest someone else try to claim the grifter crown.

By the way, he* is back on Twitter. A sure sign he and his platform are flailing.

I've already blocked.

* His comms team.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:00 pm
I think the most likely scenario is passing the baton to DJTJ, lest someone else try to claim the grifter crown.

By the way, he* is back on Twitter. A sure sign he and his platform are flailing.

I've already blocked.

* His comms team.
All I've seen is the ad. Nothing shows in his timeline since he was banned
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:28 pm All I've seen is the ad. Nothing shows in his timeline since he was banned
► Show Spoiler
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

I thought I saw somewhere that his agreement with truth social was that he couldn't be on twitter. He got kicked off but then musk let him back on. He didn't immediately return which I thought was a bit odd bc he was such a huge presence, but an agreement with TS might have been why.

I never followed him and I'll block if musk tries to force him. I already blocked elon, long ago.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

The fact that the "weird" meme is being polled is...scrumptious.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:57 pm The fact that the "weird" meme is being polled is...scrumptious.
Unfortunately, some of those will vote for him anyway.
Largo al factotum.
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:57 pm I thought I saw somewhere that his agreement with truth social was that he couldn't be on twitter. He got kicked off but then musk let him back on. He didn't immediately return which I thought was a bit odd bc he was such a huge presence, but an agreement with TS might have been why.
IIRC (and this may be a Mandela effect), the no-other-platforms clause had conditions (or sunsetted). Too also: It is entirely possible that it was negotiated away.

Regardless, his platform derives so much value from him, it is probably in the platform's best interest to let him speak freely.

Really, it is only a matter of time before he takes profit/minimizes loss, and lets Truth Social die.

"For completeness," $DJT is down six percent today.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

What in the deep fried Lolita express is this???

Anyone have a MH freebie? It's paywalled. Julie brown is a treasure.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:19 pm Anyone have a MH freebie? It's paywalled. Julie brown is a treasure.
No link, but a copy/paste:
► Show Spoiler
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:19 pm What in the deep fried Lolita express is this???

Anyone have a MH freebie? It's paywalled. Julie brown is a treasure.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 4700083625
I copied it. I can see it for some reason. It came out in a big block of text with a lot of trash text but I split it up and cleaned it up
Former President Donald Trump’s campaign flew in a blue Gulfstream jet formerly owned by sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, using it to travel to several campaign fundraisers over the weekend, the Miami Herald has confirmed.

Trump, enroute on his own private plane to a campaign event in Bozeman, Montana last week, unexpectedly landed in Billings because of mechanical problems, a campaign spokeswoman said. He and part of his staff then flew on a small charter to Bozeman for a rally Friday night. The next day, he switched to another larger Gulfstream with a serial number that matches a plane once owned by Epstein, his former neighbor in Palm Beach, the campaign confirmed.

“The campaign had no awareness that the charter plane had been owned by Mr. Epstein,” the spokeswoman said, adding that the charter was commissioned by a vendor that has often been used by the campaign. “We heard about the former owner through the media.”

Epstein was arrested on sex trafficking charges in 2019 — accused of sexually abusing more than 100 girls and young women over decades. Epstein was subsequently found dead in his Manhattan jail cell a month later. His death, which was ruled a suicide by the Manhattan medical examiner, has long been a source of conspiracy theories. Trump’s use of the plane is likely to add to public scrutiny surrounding his relationship with Epstein, even though no evidence has surfaced that Trump was involved in Epstein’s crimes.

According to flight data, the plane is now owned by an Ontario, California company, Threshold Aviation Group, which offers private charter service. The company’s website indicates its planes are housed in a hangar in Chino, California. The Herald reached out to the company, but did not get a response.

The campaign spokeswoman confirmed that a decal with the words “Trump 2024” was placed on Epstein’s old plane for the trip. Trump’s own private plane, a 727 named “Trump Force One,” was having mechanical difficulties, which led them to land in Billings, about two hours east of Bozeman. After Bozeman, Trump used Epstein’s old plane to travel Saturday to a fundraiser in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and then to Aspen and Denver. “Trump Force One” was then able to pick Trump up in Denver. Epstein’s old plane was only used one day, the spokeswoman said.

The Aspen Daily News reported that Trump arrived in a blue Gulfstream, tail number G-550, touching down at the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport around 4:45 p.m. Saturday. He was to attend a fundraiser hosted by the Trump 47 Committee, which supports Save America and the RNC, the paper reported.

That charter tail number, G-550, belongs to a plane with the same serial number as Epstein’s former Gulfstream jet. Flight Aware shows the plane had been registered in 2018 to one of Epstein’s companies based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. At that time, its tail number was JE212. It is not the plane nicknamed the “Lolita Express” which Epstein replaced around 2017. The Lolita plane has since been destroyed.

Trump was in the same social circles as Epstein, and flew on Epstein’s planes six times from 1993 to 1997, records show. But the two had a falling out over a property in Palm Beach that they had a bidding war over in 2004. There are numerous photographs of Trump and Epstein together in the 1990s, long before Epstein was arrested on solicitation charges in Palm Beach. Although tens of thousands of pages of documents have been unsealed in various Epstein civil cases, none of the documents released to date have credibly implicated Trump in Epstein’s trafficking crimes. This story was originally published August 12, 2024, 4:41 PM.
Honestly, to me at least, it's a bit of a non story. Planes change owners all the time.
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:27 pm :snippity:
The campaign spokeswoman confirmed that a decal with the words “Trump 2024” was placed on Epstein’s old plane for the trip. Trump’s own private plane, a 727 named “Trump Force One,” was having mechanical difficulties, which led them to land in Billings, about two hours east of Bozeman.
:snippity:
Do newspapers even have an editing staff anymore?

Zee Orange Furher owns a 757, a twin engine aircraft, the 727 is a smaller, tri-motor aircraft.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:58 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:27 pm :snippity:
The campaign spokeswoman confirmed that a decal with the words “Trump 2024” was placed on Epstein’s old plane for the trip. Trump’s own private plane, a 727 named “Trump Force One,” was having mechanical difficulties, which led them to land in Billings, about two hours east of Bozeman.
:snippity:
Do newspapers even have an editing staff anymore?

Zee Orange Furher owns a 757, a twin engine aircraft, the 727 is a smaller, tri-motor aircraft.... :bored:
No. Copy editors, anyway. You'd be amazed how many publishers (book, magazine, newspaper) expect their writers to submit near-print-ready material. Though in fact what you're talking about in your post would require a fact editor.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Donald Trump’s Campaign Admits It Hired Jeffrey’s Epstein’s Jet

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cam ... e?ref=home
Donald Trump’s campaign confirmed the former president chartered a private jet this weekend that once belonged to Jeffrey Epstein, but said he did so by accident.

A campaign official told The Daily Beast on Monday afternoon that Trump and his staff had “no idea” the Gulfstream G550 was once owned by one of the country’s most infamous sex traffickers. The official said the jet was provided to the campaign by a charter flight company.

“The campaign had absolutely no idea the aircraft we rented was previously owned by Mr. Epstein,” the official said, adding that Trump’s advisers only learned of the jet’s shady past once journalists contacted them Monday.

Trump’s camp said he took only one flight on the jet—a relatively short, 363 mile hop from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to Aspen, Colorado, where he was attending fundraisers on the campaign trail. He flew back to Florida on Saturday night in a separate chartered plane as his private aircraft, Trump Force One, was still undergoing repairs in Montana.

The official said Trump’s campaign instructed Private Jet Services Group—the charter jet company who provided the plane—to not pull out Epstein’s old aircraft again the next time Trump calls. The Trump official said the company, who’s been used by the former president “many times,” was apologetic and assured the campaign it wouldn’t happen again.

Return to “US President”