Hijack This Thread

Uninformed

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:like:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I guess he's bullish on tortoises! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m folding a three week backlog of laundry and watching season 13 (!!) of Criminal Minds. One particular episode involves a killing cult, one of whose members works for VICAP so she can hide 300 murders over a decade. This woman has been in the cult since she was a child.

The actress looks exactly like Tulsi Gabbard.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I'm in love. :lovestruck:

Oh, dear. You will have to click to watch on Youtube, this video won't embed. It's super short and I don't think anyone will regret clicking to go to YouTube to see these sweet, lovely babies.

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Eww, cuteness overload! :mrgreen:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Buffalo & Tortise = Cool beans, man! :D
filly

Post by filly »

Very interesting article in the NYT about people who exercise a lot tending to drink more alcohol than less fit people. There are studies going on that account for age, and even those show the same results. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/well ... rcise.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Babies

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

filly wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:56 am Very interesting article in the NYT about people who exercise a lot tending to drink more alcohol than less fit people. There are studies going on that account for age, and even those show the same results. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/well ... rcise.html
I stand outside the herd, looking in, again. Sigh.

But alcoholics shouldn't drink alcohol at all. Ray Chandler once wrote: "I'm an occasional drinker, the kind of guy who goes out for a couple of beers and wakes up in Singapore a month later with a full beard." :lol:

I was never that bad, but ... :oopsy:
filly

Post by filly »

Yeah, it's antithetical to what one might think. I know a lot of fat and old lushes.

They found that college athletes drink more than the average college kid which is really something.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Prolly not the right place for this.

This will be a slim Christmas in terms of gifts for loved ones. I fell ill on Nov 26 and got out of hospital Dec 10. My COVID brain fog makes everything harder, even shopping.

I did buy some things online, not from Amazon. Two things coming from the same place in Ohio. Shipped one day apart, both supposed to be delivered day before yesterday.

One is somewhere in TX, the other in NM today. Neither has a new delivery date and FedEx can’t tell me a thing.

Why do companies use FedEx?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I ordered a very nice set of computer speakers from Amazon for ol' Wifehorn, at her request. They were not delivered on the date promised, or the day after, and after a few days it said, OK, now you can get a refund or replacement order.

It happens.

So I ordered the replacement (ol' Wifehorn still wants them) and they arrived today, yay.

Then they delivered the first one, too also. :doh: Not half an hour between the two deliveries, and so now I have two identical boxes with speakers in them, and I already have a nice set of speakers on my computer, and my kids use earbuds and want nothing to do with speakers.

First world problems. :towel:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:29 pm Yeah, I ordered a very nice set of computer speakers from Amazon for ol' Wifehorn, at her request. They were not delivered on the date promised, or the day after, and after a few days it said, OK, now you can get a refund or replacement order.

It happens.

So I ordered the replacement (ol' Wifehorn still wants them) and they arrived today, yay.

Then they delivered the first one, too also. :doh: Not half an hour between the two deliveries, and so now I have two identical boxes with speakers in them, and I already have a nice set of speakers on my computer, and my kids use earbuds and want nothing to do with speakers.

First world problems. :towel:
We have an Amazon desk at our local Kohl's, it's very convenient :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:11 pm We have an Amazon desk at our local Kohl's, it's very convenient :thumbsup:
Help me out here... what does this Amazon counter at Kohls offer for service? Returns?
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 pm
MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:11 pm We have an Amazon desk at our local Kohl's, it's very convenient :thumbsup:
Help me out here... what does this Amazon counter at Kohls offer for service? Returns?
You take the item in and they will wrap it and ship it back.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I didn't say it would be a real hassle. Our Kohl's is about 3 miles from here, and yes they have a special desk that is just for Amazon returns, and they'll even box up your return, you don't need anything but the label that Amazon sends you by email. Print it out and bring it with your return, they're very friendly and helpful.

Which is why I said "First world problems." It's nothing serious, and the only reason I mentioned it is, in the prior century that never happened to me, not even once -- order something, it doesn't come, they say they lost it, you order a replacement, then they both get delivered on the same afternoon. For some reason, that never happened in the 20th century!

In fact, my main memory of ordering stuff by mail (we didn't have online, when I was a boy) was the warning, "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery." SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS!! You could die of frostbite by then! Or maybe drown! That was forever, when you were 10 years old!

I'll tell ya, six to eight weeks from the day I ordered those speakers, this will be a distant memory, just another funny story, and ol' Wifehorn will have a nice pair of speakers. I still love living in the 21st century!!

:banana:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My post was also about the value of Amazon, which rightfully gets criticized for the bad things it does. But if'n you think about it, in this case I had two different groups of Amazon employees trying to do the right thing by me, and they just had their wires crossed, or I don't know if they are wireless or not, but ...

One group understood that it had been three or four days after they said they'd deliver it, and they were gonna make it right. "Foggy," they said, "Do you want a refund or should we just send another one of the same thing?" And ya know, that right there, full stop, is a hell of a level of service. They were fucking watching to see if I got my order, and they were on it when I didn't. What company ever did anything like that in the 20th century? None, that's who.

And meanwhile, another whole group of Amazonians were telling themselves, "No, by gum, Foggy ordered this fine set of speakers. We have 'em, and we're gonna deliver them, even if we're just a little bit late, because that's who we are, that's what we do."

And they came through too also.

They both did the job, and even with two identical packages sitting in my office I consider it a marvelous customer experience. With a little sting in the tail, BFD. :daydreaming:
tek

Post by tek »

I have found Amazon customer service to be damned good on defective/damaged goods, actually.

Gone are the days when I can walk into a store and get electronic components. Most of them I get via Amazon these days, and when I need "good stuff" Digikey.

But I well remember getting my parents to take the money I saved up and write a check to put in an order to Allied for some amazing $7.99 thing I HAD TO HAVE. And then one day, weeks later, magically, that thing would show up. But in between, black hole.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Okay, Fogbow engineers, please splain how cocaine and meth are wrapped around a penis. I have some crochet and taping ideas. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 pm
They accept all Amazon returns. :biggrin:
At least ours does...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Theodore Kaczynski — who came to be known as the “Unabomber” for killing three people and injuring many more in a series of mail bombings over 17 years — has been transferred to a federal prison medical facility known for treating inmates with significant health problems, a Federal Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman said Wednesday.

Kaczynski was transferred on Dec. 14 from the supermax prison in Florence, Colo., where he was serving multiple life-in-prison sentences, to FMC Butner, a federal medical center in North Carolina, said spokeswoman Kristie Breshears.

She declined to provide details of Kaczynski’s condition. David Kaczynski, Ted Kaczynski’s brother, said he had been told recently by someone who corresponds with his brother that he had been moved to a different facility, but the Bureau of Prisons declined to tell him why that was. David Kaczynski, who tipped the FBI to his brother as a possible suspect, said his brother does not respond to his letters.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 pm Okay, Fogbow engineers, please splain how cocaine and meth are wrapped around a penis. I have some crochet and taping ideas. :biggrin:
Duct tape, of course (damn, that would hurt upon removal -- but maybe not if one was already high on coke and meth). :shrug:
Perhaps blue painters tape would work okay with less irritation.

Also, maybe it was in a ziplock baggy secured with with a rubber band. :confuzzled:

But he professes his innocence -- so innocent until proven guilty, of course. :|

Return to “General Stuff”